Animal Kingdom & the 50th Anniversary

Phil12

I heard the rumor that they have a new and more powerful LED strobe light for the Yeti as well as a new sound track:

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Just jumping back into this thread because I think there is something coming to Animal Kingdom. Joe Rhodes instagram has had him in and out of Orlando recently and a few months back he was in Bali or somewhere posting photos referencing he was “working”. Anything churning in the rumor mill lately?

TTA94

If rumors come true and MK does gets a nighttime parade and a update to HEA for the 50th, and then Epcot’s new Illuminations show, It seems very likely there will at least be a update to RoL if not a brand new show.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Do they really need something new? They just got a whole new land and nighttime show last year which is more than it's had in a long time. The 50th anniversary is not too far off, I don't think they have to or need to do something big in all 4 parks. 3 of the 4 would be fine.

Pandora will be 5 years old by the time the 50th rolls around and ROL 6 years old. I would imagine they would want something new to continue to drive attendance at DAK if the other 3 parks are going to have stuff.

Kman101

It just depends on what they see as a priority. But just because they've added to catch up to where they stagnated, they shouldn't stop. That was the problem before. They stopped and coasted. There should always be a varying degree of new things added. Not saying an E-ticket in every park every year, but we should always be gearing towards something in each park. In an ideal world. And then maybe if they did that, they wouldn't need to reluctantly play catch up (and then proceed to panic at the amount).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If RoL gets updated for the 50th, brace yourselves, because surely you don't think that a celebration of MK's 50th isn't going to include Disney IP. It's be like singing "Happy Birthday" without throwing in the name of the birthday boy/girl.

KrazyKat

I could see some of the stuff Bali has fitting in with the theming at AK.
ACE278DB-3FDB-4E6B-A2CF-9171D630700F.jpeg

E4587F2A-B1BE-415E-B06D-4DD6ACC5FD70.jpeg

disnyfan89

Do they really need something new? They just got a whole new land and nighttime show last year which is more than it's had in a long time. The 50th anniversary is not too far off, I don't think they have to or need to do something big in all 4 parks. 3 of the 4 would be fine.

While I can understand your though process the answer should always be more. AK while certainly more fleshed out as a park with the addition of Pandora and ROL can still use more, especially in the Dark Ride/Family attraction segment. It doesn't have to be grand or an E-Ticket but more C/D level attractions could greatly benefit the park as demonstrated by the long wait times for NRJ

Kman101

I think they should add a daytime parade like they used to and daytime shows in the RoL theater.

It is a shame Fantasmic and ROL have lakes that sit empty all day. If DisneySea can ...

I'd love for both Epcot and AK to have parades. They could be floats on the water, don't have to be floats on the land. Street parties/dance parties could actually make sense if they had small floats that fit the theme. Lots of different things they could do.

DisneyJoe

DL's 60th began Memorial Day of 2015 and lasted until September of 2016, so that's a good 16 months. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the 50th begins sometime in May-June 2021 and lasted until around the 51st.
DL's anniversary is in July, which is why the span of the summers.

WDW's anniversary is Oct 1, so most anniversary celebrations have run September/October through the following December - but I suppose they could begin in May as well....

Phil12

I think you need to post someplace else.
I'll be the first to admit that it is not politically correct for Donald to have a Brazilian friend that smokes cigars and a Mexican friend that packs handguns. However I think that this demonstrates a goodwill policy on Donald's part that he is willing to overlook the shortcomings of his friends for the sake of international outreach. That message can and should be a major part of AK and The Three Caballeros can help spread that philosophy.

doctornick

It is a shame Fantasmic and ROL have lakes that sit empty all day. If DisneySea can ...

I'd love for both Epcot and AK to have parades. They could be floats on the water, don't have to be floats on the land. Street parties/dance parties could actually make sense if they had small floats that fit the theme. Lots of different things they could do.

This. DAK isn't really set up well for a parade and that's fine. But there's no reason they can't have a daytime "parade" on the water, especially since the ROL theater is built and otherwise vacant during the day. Even something smaller that runs multiple times (like every 2 hours) would be nice and benefit the park.

While I can understand your though process the answer should always be more. AK while certainly more fleshed out as a park with the addition of Pandora and ROL can still use more, especially in the Dark Ride/Family attraction segment. It doesn't have to be grand or an E-Ticket but more C/D level attractions could greatly benefit the park as demonstrated by the long wait times for NRJ

DAK is a solid park, but would indeed benefit from some fleshing out. A handful or B to D level attractions to fill out the park more would be appreciated. DHS is in a similar situation where the headliners are perfectly fine (especially once the expansions finalize there) but that it needs more stuff to round out the park and fill days.

I know the major E-tickets are always splashy and attention grabbing, but the more complimentary experiences often are what really sets the Disney parks apart from their competition.

peter11435

I'll be the first to admit that it is not politically correct for Donald to have a Brazilian friend that smokes cigars and a Mexican friend that packs handguns. However I think that this demonstrates a goodwill policy on Donald's part that he is willing to overlook the shortcomings of his friends for the sake of international outreach. That message can and should be a major part of AK and The Three Caballeros can help spread that philosophy.
I was wrong. You shouldn’t post anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom