Animal Kingdom River Rapids

jcldtrek

Original Poster
Had a question about this ride. I know theres a drop at the end of the ride on the rapids. was just wondering if its a big drop or a small one. if someone can help me with this, id appreciate it. Always wanted to go on it but i can't stand big drops. :sohappy:

autigger

We are going to WDW for my son's third birthday and this was one of the attractions that I was questionable about. He meets the height requirement, but I was curious if this would be too much.

We were planning on sticking with the more mild and non-scary rides, but he is a very adventurous little boy. Also, we are not going to Animal Kingdom until our fourth day, so I will have a better idea of what he can handle when we are there. How rough is this ride and do other similar age children enjoy it?

I would love to take him on it if I though he would have a great time, but I certainly don't want to ruin our day because he went on something he was not ready for.

Mr Bill

It's not really a rough ride, just be prepared to get soaked, In reality, no more than four people will end up extremely soaked, but there's no way to tell if you'll be one of the (un)lucky ones or not.

DisneyMarg

And when they say, "soaked", they mean drenched-through-and-through-soaked-to-the-bone soaked.

If you want to get wet sit on the side with the heaviest people in the boat. My DH and I are both "large", shall we say, and we ALWAYS get soaked. I think we tip the boat around during that final drop.

Pete C

I'll go on rapids rides if they are good, but I plan to skip Kali on my next visit. I went on this once, and it was just not very good. Compare this to Grizzly River Run at DCA or Popeye at IOA and it doesn't stack up...those rides are loaded with thrills. It's not a very exciting rapids ride, and I wouldn't fret for a minute about the drop. My friend hates drops and she didn't even comment on it after the ride. This might be a good introduction to rapids rides though.

barnum42

How wet you get depends on how the craft spins. If you are at the front as it hits the bottom you will get soaked. Try to sit next to a skinny person if you want to minimise the chance of this happening :lol:

Put on your rain poncho just before you get on the ride and you will stay mostly dry, unless the water comes into your seat. That is what I choose to do. Also, I am squeemish about big drops and this one is a-ok for me. I think small children who meet the height requirements would do fine. If I can ride it, so could an average four year old! Ha!

Richie248

goofyoverdisney said:
Put on your rain poncho just before you get on the ride and you will stay mostly dry, unless the water comes into your seat. That is what I choose to do. Also, I am squeemish about big drops and this one is a-ok for me. I think small children who meet the height requirements would do fine. If I can ride it, so could an average four year old! Ha!
They should design ponchos for your spocks and shoes...the wet shoes are the worst. I wear sandals that day!

shoppingnut

Make sure it is the last ride before you leave the park, bring a pair of flip flops to wear on the ride too keep from getting soggy sneakers and bring a change of clothes (including underwear!!) because your changes of BEING SOAKED totally are very high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom