1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by ohioguy, Sep 10, 2017.

1. ohioguy

ohioguy Member

I have three days at the resort coming up soon... Magic Kingdom and Epcot will take up the first two days. I'm deciding which of the other parks makes the most sense for the third day. I'm leaning toward AK, given the new Pandora section and other highlights. However, HS has three of my favorite rides (all still in operation!). I'm bothered by the fact that HS only 5-6 operational attractions right now and all the construction. How I wish I could pull in the evening before and do a quick tour of HS! Just curious if Pandora is worth the day at AK, which has always been my least favorite park.

2. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

Why not both? Or do take a few hours out of your Epcot day and do what you want to do in DHS since there is easy to get from one to the other.

brb1006 and PorterRedkey like this.
  3. will5mom

will5mom New Member

Animal Kingdom!!!

brb1006, neoshinok and Bairstow like this.
  4. ppete1975

ppete1975 Well-Known Member

get a park hopper it will be worth it... neither park is a full day anymore. Rope drop hit Pandora... then yeti... maybe kali... then go to "the park to be name later" ride muppets star tours, muppets tower of terror, MUPPETS toy story muppets get some ice cream from our dinosaur Gertie... muppets... once again muppets before you leave.. then hit epcot.... end of day hit jungle cruise and haunted mansion... then cry at you last look of the castle for this trip...

neoshinok likes this.
  5. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

I'd say do AK because theres more there at this time.... if you want to get in on Pandora youll certainly have to get there early, or its going to be a long wait for the newest attractions. But if as you say it is your least favorite park it would depend on just how much youd regret missing out on ToT, RnRC, and ST. If you will go home really regretting missing those great attractions, then DHS is your park. Personally I'd give up Pandora for those 3, also my favorites.

brb1006 likes this.
  6. belledream

belledream Well-Known Member

I feel you, because HS has some of my favorite attractions as well. But it may still be able to fill an entire day if you are fortunate enough to get
    multiple goes on them, and also throw in a few shows. They really can take up your afternoon. Eat dinner in the park or head over to the area resorts for a dinner/evening walk, and back to HS for nighttime entertainment. It's a full day. :)

But I think it depends on how much you are interested in Pandora as well. I didn't really have interested in AVATAR and thought Pandora was great. The land itself, and the two attractions. Plus, I've always considered AK a full day park.

So I think it depends which interests you more, but I wouldn't worry about filling a whole day if you can't hop or get to all 4.

7. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

Any chance you could do both?

ppete1975 likes this.
  8. ohioguy

ohioguy Member Original Poster

It's possible, but I remember needing a full day at AK last visit, and that was BEFORE Pandora was added. Certainly I shouldn't need a full day at HS with only 3-4 attractions to actually enjoy.

9. Po'Rich

Po'Rich Well-Known Member

Right now, there's absolutely no comparison. AK hands down! HS, in it's current state, doesn't have much to offer.

10. parkhopper1213

parkhopper1213 Active Member

If you can get fast passes to the new Avatar ride then its worth going to Animal Kingdom. 1/2 of the attractions at Hollywood studios are now closed. If you have 3 favorite rides there that's great, but what will you do there otherwise?

11. Magicart87

Magicart87 Well-Known Member

Oof. That's just one too many Muppet showings.

ppete1975 likes this.
  12. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

The obvious choice is always Animal Kingdom. It has really shot to be one of the best parks in Orlando over the last few years!!

13. ppete1975

ppete1975 Well-Known Member

no such thing :)

Magicart87 likes this.
  14. ohioguy

ohioguy Member Original Poster

How I wish they offered an after 5pm ticket for HS... lol

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  15. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

You can take in the various entertainment offerings.

brb1006 likes this.
  16. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

...and arguably the most thematically consistent park Disney has ever operated.
    At this point, I would rank the Animal Kingdom ahead of EPCOT.

brb1006, Po'Rich and AJH219 like this.
  17. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

Animal Kingdom, or perhaps a park hopper option and spend a few hours at DHS on one day. There are so many underrated attractions at DAK, such as the trails and Flights of Wonder, whereas DHS is a construction zone right now.

brb1006 and neoshinok like this.
  18. TXDisney

TXDisney Well-Known Member

Riding rides in Pandora now is difficult. Lines are very long. So if you really want to see it, just be prepared to wait in long lines. HS is the better option imo. But there's just not a lot of rides there. So catch a few shows.

19. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

AK hands down.

brb1006 and neoshinok like this.
  20. ChanceH

ChanceH Member

We have a 4 day vacation coming up also. Land at MCO and go to MNSSHP that evening. I plan on getting a 1 day Park Hopper for the next day so we can hit HS and ride the big 3 and then be at Epcot before noon.