Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

ohioguy

Original Poster
I have three days at the resort coming up soon... Magic Kingdom and Epcot will take up the first two days. I'm deciding which of the other parks makes the most sense for the third day. I'm leaning toward AK, given the new Pandora section and other highlights. However, HS has three of my favorite rides (all still in operation!). I'm bothered by the fact that HS only 5-6 operational attractions right now and all the construction. How I wish I could pull in the evening before and do a quick tour of HS! Just curious if Pandora is worth the day at AK, which has always been my least favorite park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have three days at the resort coming up soon... Magic Kingdom and Epcot will take up the first two days. I'm deciding which of the other parks makes the most sense for the third day. I'm leaning toward AK, given the new Pandora section and other highlights. However, HS has three of my favorite rides (all still in operation!). I'm bothered by the fact that HS only 5-6 operational attractions right now and all the construction. How I wish I could pull in the evening before and do a quick tour of HS! Just curious if Pandora is worth the day at AK, which has always been my least favorite park.

Why not both? Or do take a few hours out of your Epcot day and do what you want to do in DHS since there is easy to get from one to the other.

ppete1975

get a park hopper it will be worth it... neither park is a full day anymore. Rope drop hit Pandora... then yeti... maybe kali... then go to "the park to be name later" ride muppets star tours, muppets tower of terror, MUPPETS toy story muppets get some ice cream from our dinosaur Gertie... muppets... once again muppets before you leave.. then hit epcot.... end of day hit jungle cruise and haunted mansion... then cry at you last look of the castle for this trip...

JIMINYCR

I'd say do AK because theres more there at this time.... if you want to get in on Pandora youll certainly have to get there early, or its going to be a long wait for the newest attractions. But if as you say it is your least favorite park it would depend on just how much youd regret missing out on ToT, RnRC, and ST. If you will go home really regretting missing those great attractions, then DHS is your park. Personally I'd give up Pandora for those 3, also my favorites.

belledream

I feel you, because HS has some of my favorite attractions as well. But it may still be able to fill an entire day if you are fortunate enough to get
multiple goes on them, and also throw in a few shows. They really can take up your afternoon. Eat dinner in the park or head over to the area resorts for a dinner/evening walk, and back to HS for nighttime entertainment. It's a full day. :)

But I think it depends on how much you are interested in Pandora as well. I didn't really have interested in AVATAR and thought Pandora was great. The land itself, and the two attractions. Plus, I've always considered AK a full day park.

So I think it depends which interests you more, but I wouldn't worry about filling a whole day if you can't hop or get to all 4.

parkhopper1213

If you can get fast passes to the new Avatar ride then its worth going to Animal Kingdom. 1/2 of the attractions at Hollywood studios are now closed. If you have 3 favorite rides there that's great, but what will you do there otherwise?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
get a park hopper it will be worth it... neither park is a full day anymore. Rope drop hit Pandora... then yeti... maybe kali... then go to "the park to be name later" ride muppets star tours, muppets tower of terror, MUPPETS toy story muppets get some ice cream from our dinosaur Gertie... muppets... once again muppets before you leave.. then hit epcot.... end of day hit jungle cruise and haunted mansion... then cry at you last look of the castle for this trip...

Oof. That's just one too many Muppet showings.

Matt_Black

If you can get fast passes to the new Avatar ride then its worth going to Animal Kingdom. 1/2 of the attractions at Hollywood studios are now closed. If you have 3 favorite rides there that's great, but what will you do there otherwise?

You can take in the various entertainment offerings.

TXDisney

Riding rides in Pandora now is difficult. Lines are very long. So if you really want to see it, just be prepared to wait in long lines. HS is the better option imo. But there's just not a lot of rides there. So catch a few shows.

ChanceH

We have a 4 day vacation coming up also. Land at MCO and go to MNSSHP that evening. I plan on getting a 1 day Park Hopper for the next day so we can hit HS and ride the big 3 and then be at Epcot before noon.

Launchpad McQuack

Riding rides in Pandora now is difficult. Lines are very long. So if you really want to see it, just be prepared to wait in long lines. HS is the better option imo. But there's just not a lot of rides there. So catch a few shows.

Granted, I haven't been to DAK since Pandora opened (I'll be there in a couple weeks, though), but based just on the posted wait times, it seems like the Na'vi River Journey is at or around an hour most of the time, right? If that's the case, getting the Flight of Passage FP is a must, and then the wait for NRJ isn't long enough to really take up the whole day or anything. I think I am basing some of this on going during one of the busiest weeks of the year whenever we would go when I was a kid, so I got used to waiting one-two hours for Space, Splash, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, etc. As an adult, going during slower times (and using FP+), I generally TRY to stay away from anything over 30 minutes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm going against the group and saying go to DHS seeing it has your favorite rides. This is coming from somebody who can spend days in AK. Go at rope drop ride your favorites, see the shows, wander around, eat at MM or HBD(with Fantasmic package). Maybe take a mid-day break and enjoy your resort or lunch at the Swalphin. Have a nice relaxing day at your own pace. Depending on how ambitious you are you could even take a break and go to DTD(yes I still call it that)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom