Animal Kingdom open til 7:00 PM on Oct 11

imamouse

Apologies in advance if I missed a thread on this, but I did perform multiple searches, and didn't turn up anything. I'm sure I saw something on this already, but still couldn't find it again.

Does anyone know why Animal Kingdom is open until 7:00 PM on Oct 11, 2004? That is the only date with those times, so it seems strange. Is there a private event in Dinoland USA? I ask because I'll be at WDW Oct 9-16.

Thanks!
:D

BigAL

Hours

Last year around the same time Animal Kingdom and the other parks had some strange hours. This is around the time that many school systems are now taking fall breaks (like spring break). This may be exteded hours for the increased crowds connected to this. I know one evening during the week last year the Magic Kingdom stayed open later than usual and had three fireworks shows. One of the old and two times of wishes. strange huh! I enjoyed it since I was there.

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

Ask ISTCrew20, but I think Florida schools have year round schooling where they get a big break in october, for winter break, spring break, and summer vacation.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

October 11 is columbus day...I didn't even think of that. That could definately be a reson why, but it doesn't make a ton of sense. The studios are only open until 7:30 that day and it is usually more of a logical choice to keep them open earlier for larger crowds. I wonder if Disney is using this as a test day to see the park open with later hours as it prepares for everest in a little more than a year.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

AkiraRaptor said:
I was thinking maybe they are having some kind of AP thing like they've had in the past...dunno.

Hey, I'll be there that day...so I'll check it out. :)

Special events would probably close the park earlier (or for AK a normal time). It is a pretty interesting thing though because as crowded as that monday would be, I could only see the weekend being worse. And since the park closes at normal times that weekend, it doesn't really make sense that the park is open later that day. There must be a reason though...

Upvote 0

celticdog

There are all kinds of strange hours in November. MK is open till 10 on some nights, but closes at 6 on others. Ak is open till 8 on some nights, but closes at 5 on most nights. Epcot is open as late as 9:30 on some nights. MGM only stays open till 8:30 on very few nights, otherwise it closes at 7. Take special note of the week of Thanksgiving, more extended hours, but not all parks each night.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

celticdog said:
There are all kinds of strange hours in November. MK is open till 10 on some nights, but closes at 6 on others. Ak is open till 8 on some nights, but closes at 5 on most nights. Epcot is open as late as 9:30 on some nights. MGM only stays open till 8:30 on very few nights, otherwise it closes at 7. Take special note of the week of Thanksgiving, more extended hours, but not all parks each night.

But a lot of those make sense...they are in obvious busy times. This really doesn't make much sense it is a random busy day with other busy days around it, but it is the only late night.

Upvote 0

Michael72688

No year round school here! But Seminole county schools do have a fall break, oct. 11 - oct. 15. I cant tell you about any other districts, plus with out now, 9+ cancelled days of school other distrcits are not having there longer weekends in October, but Seminole county still is

Upvote 0

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Columbus day, fall break for some local school districts and universities.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom