Animal Kingdom Lodge

dreamfinder

Are The Mara and what some of you call the Food court the same thing or two different places?

The Mara is the CS location at AKL Jambo. The pool bar at Kidani I believe still does some food as well, but I think it's sandwiches, and bento boxes made at Sanaa. Do keep in mind that the Mara isn't really a food court in the way that the values (or even mods) are. It's only one window/counter to order at, usually about 8-10 meal choices.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I haven't done the Night Safari, but I have done the afternoon safari that starts with tea at Jiko and ends with a meal there after the safari is over - it was incredible. The cast member that was with us on the safari was fantastic - he clearly knew a lot about the animals and was great at answering all our questions. It is pricey, but worth every cent. Truly one of the highlights of our last trip.

CheshireCat12

So my wife and I seem to be staying at different resorts on each trip (Boardwalk for honeymoon in 2011, Coronado Springs last month, and Pop Century for our upcoming trip in February), and AKL is the one that we both REALLY want to stay at on a future trip. We were thinking about taking a bus over there one day on our February trip. Is it worth heading over there and taking a look around, even if we are not staying there this trip?

Yes!!! This is how I discovered the beauty of AKL- and the smell coming from Boma was so heavenly that my next trip included dinner at Boma!

yedliW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom