Animal Kingdom Lodge

Have you Been to Animal Kingdom Lodge?

• Total voters

Future Imagineer

Original Poster
Hey it's Future Imagineer here again! And in 3 days I'm staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and I've never been there so I would like if anybody can describe and/or give me tips of how to see all the animals and everything else AKL has to offer. So please write back because I only have 3 days before we go so I Really would love some feedback. Thanks!!:)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This probably belongs in a different section of the forum.

AKL is awesome. I will respond, but I have to get ready for work, so I can't get into everything right now. I'll post again later with some observations.

Have a great trip!

Future Imagineer

Original Poster
This probably belongs in a different section of the forum.

AKL is awesome. I will respond, but I have to get ready for work, so I can't get into everything right now. I'll post again later with some observations.

Have a great trip!
Thank You! And I needed help so I thought it would have been a good place for this thread.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thank You! And I needed help so I thought it would have been a good place for this thread.

Nah. This thread is more about help and support for the forum, not trip advice. Not a big deal, though you may get more responses if you put it in the WDW Resort Hotels category instead of here.

I'm sure if a moderator has an issue with it being here, they'll move it accordingly <grin>

I have a lot of tips to share, but I have to leave now. I'll post a bit later.

Again, have a great trip! AKL is an amazing resort!

Future Imagineer

Original Poster
Nah. This thread is more about help and support for the forum, not trip advice. Not a big deal, though you may get more responses if you put it in the WDW Resort Hotels category instead of here.

I'm sure if a moderator has an issue with it being here, they'll move it accordingly <grin>

Thanks!

Future Imagineer

Original Poster

I just put the thread into the hotel for further use!

hsisthebest

If you have a Savannah view then seeing animals all day and night will not be a problem. Otherwise, I would just recommend you walk- walk down the long hallways of the resort, and the really long hallways for the Villas. Every few rooms there are big floor to ceiling windows with views of the Savannah, which are really cool. Then walk outside- try out the animal viewing areas and then come back at night for the night-vision goggles. Then walk to Kidani, it feels like an adventure. Check an events calendar- the evening fireside songs and stories are just outside the main lodge and are very nice. Don't be afraid of the food at Boma- it is some of the best food in the "World". Look for hidden mickeys. Sometimes ducks swim in the pool. This is my wife's favorite resort and one of my top as well. It is definitely the best one to just explore and enjoy the theme and events. Have fun!

Pooh'sBuddy

We stayed there last month. If you meander your way back behind the pool, there's a viewing area, too. Spend time in the lobby or walk down the halls and look at all the art and artifacts. Find the CMs who are stationed or walk around in the lobby with educational displays.

Here's an unofficial fan website http://www.aklresort.com/.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
We've stayed there twice and will be going back for our third stay this Dec. Unless you get a standard or pool-view room, you'll be able to see the animals from your room. Which animals depends where your room ends up being. You can walk outside of the resort and see the animals from several viewing areas. You can't beat the dining choices available on the property. Hopefully you got an ADR @ Jiko. It is quite a ways away from every park except for DAK so give yourself extra time when going to MK, Epcot or DHS. Steve has a really good overview of AKL here with a bunch of reviews:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge.htm

Mukta

I have never stayed there, but I do visit on every trip because it has great restaurants.

Check out menus and reviews for Boma, Jiko and Sanaa. If any appeal to you, make a reservation. They are all great.

gostone23

Christmas was amazing at AKL. The decorations were beautiful. They had this Hand-Bell (is that what you call them??) band in the lobby playing carols. It was amazing.

We saw animals out the windows all the time walking to and from our room.
Having Boma in your backyard is nice too ... best WDW restaraunt!

I wanted to try the campfire storyteller but never got to it. Ah well, next time...

Enjoy your stay.

-robert

Cardinals314

Of course, suites located in the Jambo House are the best rooms at the resort, but that doesn't do most of us any good because they cost upwards of $3,000 per night. As far as Standard Rooms are concerned, many people I know recommend staying on the third floor of either the third or fourth building on the Zebra Trail side looking inward at the savanna. But for $70 extra a night, it is worth getting a Savanna room.

Animal Kingdom Lodge has Boma, one of the best buffet meals at Disney. You’ll find a great number of authentic African-inspired dishes as well as traditional buffet flavors. Jiko, the resort’s signature restaurant, is also an excellent restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere and fantastic wine. The Animal Kingdom Lodge’s counter service is also among the best at Disney and the Sanaa restaurant at Kidani Village is a welcome addition as well.

luv

I don't even know how many times I stayed there. A lot. But never once did I have the experience of a giraffe or whatever coming up to my window, like they show in the films and like other people talk about. I'm not saying you won't, but it can easily happen that nothing comes close to you. So, there's that. You might also be put in a room that is higher up, which is a nice view of everything, but feels a little removed.

Different rooms are on different parts of the animal viewing areas, so the animals you see in one area may not necessarily be the ones you see elsewhere. If you walk the halls of the hotel, there are big windows through which you can see animals. There is also interesting artwork all over the place.

The gift shop has interesting items.

The Mara (fast food place) is pretty decent. I don't know why - maybe it is the decor - but it's my favorite of the hotel quickie places. You have to go outside and back in to get there. Not for long! But you must exit the hotel to get there.

I'm not a Boma fan because I don't like too much adventure when I eat. Even the potatoes had some kind of green, spice-like stuff on them. Also didn't like the ten-million-dollars-a-glass breakfast juice, but most people I ate breakfast with liked it a lot. Many people LOVE Boma. It was THE place to go before Le Cellier was THE place to go.

No hotel feels as inviting and relaxing at the end of a long day in the parks. The wood is nice and dark. It's big. It's solid. It just swallows up all of your stress and welcomes you back to a calm, lovely place.

The rooms are small, but other than that, the AKL is the best hotel in WDW. IMO. Hope you like it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom