Animal Kingdom Lodge

ABundy

I am going to stay at the Animal Kindom Lodge for 10 nights in June. If anyone has been there, please give me your opinions of the place, good or bad.

Daannzzz

We loved it. We had a Deluxe room at the very end of the resort near the back. The Savanah was small here and most of the animals had to pass by to get into the Arusha Savanah so the came near the rooms. The room decore is wonderful and my favorite of all the Disney Hotels. The CM's were great and we had a excellent dinner at Bomah. I loved the look of the pool but for kids sake would have liked a more imaginative slide. The lobby is spectacular (though the WL lobby still is more impressive) and there are alot of things to look at. Have a great time.

Upvote 0

bandb1509

Our Grandsons and their parents are coming down in June (16-21st) and all 7 of us are staying at the AKL. Since my husband and I live in Lakeland (35 miles away), we went there last weekend to check it out and see if the boys will like it. The resort is awesome...authentic African art throughout the resort, a great swimming pool, "cutural safaris", storytelling, the spas, a huge video arcade, three restaurants on site, Lounge, and the wonderful variety of animals in four different savannahs. It is on the deluxe end of cost, but you won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

Figaro

We stayed there last Sept. and it was really nice. Lots of animals to look at, my son loved it! The pool was nice and big and even had a little animal viewing area right there. Boma was good, especially for breakfast. The snack bar had good food, but not much of a variety for my DH and son who are plain ole meat and potatoes types. It was also kind of small, but had seating right outside. The theming was excellent. We had no problem at all with the buses, and we were worried b/c we heard alot of nightmares about waiting for them. Try to ask for a room near the main lobby if you don't like to walk too far, we had one of the last rooms in the wings and at the end of the day it was tough getting back there :)

Upvote 0

WDWManic

Ive stayed there last year, It was Awesome with one exception..... I thought that the trasportation of the buses was not good at all I had that trouble in the Wilderness Lodge too.....The buses tranportation was poor, but the resort is amazing!

Upvote 0

Tramp

There are a few threads floating around dealing with this subject and pictures too so if you try the search feature, you may get a good sample of opinions....

...I think AKL is the most unique hotels I've ever stayed in...but I would just add these 2 things...
1. we stayed in an upper floor room but think the 2nd floor would be better so you can see under the trees and into the savanah...there are no first floor rooms to protect the wildlife from the animals in the hotel.
2. I found the rooms on the small side but authentically decorated with heavy wood furniture... be careful not to bang your shins on the wood bed frames....I'm still limping around...:lol:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Tramp
1. we stayed in an upper floor room but think the 2nd floor would be better so you can see under the trees and into the savanah...there are no first floor rooms to protect the wildlife from the animals in the hotel.

We stayed last October, and we had a second floor room. Nothing was obstructing our views near us, but it was difficult to see animals far off because of the trees and brush. But when the animal get close to the rooms, wow, you get so really good views.

I am planning another trip for this October right now. Heck, I just got off the phone with WDW to get pricing. Gonna do the AKL again, but this time were doing a consiarge room. :D

ABundy, you're going to love it. Don't miss Boma for breakfasts. Wander around the grounds late at night too. They feed the animals late too, and you can get some great night viewing in.

Most relaxing of the WDW resorts I've stayed in!

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

I'll be checking in at AKL next Thursday (5/2) and can't wait. Everyone seems to mention Boma but have any of you eaten at Jiko? We have a PS there our first night.

Upvote 0

Daannzzz

We didn't eat at Jiko as I didn't care for what the menu offered (which, by the way, doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked some of it). All, but one, of the reviews I have read of other travelers ( Not food critics) have said it was an awesome dinner.

Upvote 0

goofyfan13

AKL is my favorite resort. The theming and atmosphere are incredible! I only ate at boma and the Mara. Boma is awesome desserts are the best :slurp: they have some of the best meats on the entire resort. I love the whole Savanna thing we walked out of our room and there the animals where it was so cool. The pool area is cool too. The only downside to the resort is they don't give you straws because people litter and the animals can choke on them. Oh well. This is by far my favorite resort.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best resort on the planet! The first time your bus or taxi is pulling up the the resort, you are in awe as it towers over the land in front of you. Then you head toward the main entrance, start to hear the African music...GOD!!!! Then you step through the sliding doors, and enter the lobby...the most incredible place I have EVER seen. It is incredibly-themed! To your right as you enter is a stairway to the bar and all of the restaurants...with a small creek and waterfall...incredible. Then there is the land surrounding the resort! It is simply INCREDIBLE when you are first heading to your room, look out the overlook and there they are!!!! I especially love the giraffe...they are SOOOOO perdy! The pool is also beautiful (as is everything at this resort). We stayed in a deluxe, savannah view room and I must say this was the hardest resort EVER to leave!!!!!!!!! Oh...as for the food. I will agree that The Mara doesn't have the highest selection of any food court, but I felt it had enough selection for me...although I wish they had pancakes...Boma and Jiko, however, have AMAZING food. I had no trouble with transportation (I went there two months ago)...we never waited more than 20 minutes for the bus, which is the case at all the resorts I've ever stayed at...I hear people saying they wait an hour which just boggles my mind. If I ever have to sit for more than 20 minutes, I head to the lobby, demand a bus, and it's there w/in five minutes. Disney is good about that:) You will love looking at this resort in the morning(especially sunrise), afternoon, sunset, and at night (hmmm....all the time!). It has a different feel at all these times...you will have an incredible stay...I could spend a whole week there!

Upvote 0

DBorges

We just came back and it was fantastic.

We were there last April for the hotel opening and went back again this April.

Our first visit we had a deluxe savannah room and this time we stayed in concierge and let me tell you it was the best experience we have had yet at Disney.

The staff, the food, the room, everything was top notch.

It was also our tenth wedding anniversary.

One day they left us a gift bag with his and her cologne and an African mask.

The next day there was a cake in the room.

One night we sat on the balcony and had strawberries dipped in chocolate with champagne.

It truly was a beautiful vacation.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

It is our favorite!

I hope you enjoy you stay.

Be sure to try Boma. I was skeptical but the food was great!

Upvote 0

Snow White 27

This just past March We stayed at AKL and it was sooo cool! We absolutely loved it! The lobby was amazing, and the rooms were spectacular, also when we went looking at the animals there was always a cast member telling us interesting information on the animals which I thought was quite amazing. The rooms were soo beautiful! The Boma was great food! If you eat at the Boma, and if they have Zebra Mounds for desert, get one! I know they sound gross but they are like chocolate pudding! Really cool! The cast members treat you like a prince or princess as soo as you arive!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom