Animal Kingdom Lodge

Mickey&Minnie

Woohoo!!!
Today my great husband decided that we could leave a day earlier for Disney World. We won't actually leave the house a day earlier we are just going to drive the 14 hours straight thru instead of stopping. He is going to take the whole day off and we will leave extra early in the morning.
Then we decided to splurge a lot. We are staying at All Star Music for our vacation but for this special night we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah View Room. It was actually at a great discounted price but still a splurge for us.
I am so excited I can't stand it. We have never stayed anywhere this nice. It was a great anniversary present.
Does any one have any great pictures to share from this resort. I am looking for inside room pics (we are staying in the savannah view w/ bunk beds) but any would be greatly appreciated.
Oh boy I can't wait!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

hematite153

I don't have any pictures because I am also eagerly awaiting my first AKV stay.

I was definitely among the excited masses when they announced AKV! Then, we actually managed to score a Jambo House 1 story Grand Villa for our January trip! Wow, I still can't quite believe it!

Upvote 0

wired

dsc00132.jpg

dsc00133.jpg

dsc00142.jpg

Our Room View - - ^

dsc00243.jpg

dsc00249.jpg

Hope these show up ok... It has been a while since I have posted pics.

wired

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Congratulations!
We've had dinner at Boma - VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Consider yourselves very lucky, many people have been moved out of AK because of the construction issues.
AK is quite possibly the most beautiful resort, followed very closely by Grand Floridian. We were treated to a nite at the GF on our honeymoon (14 yrs ago) by a CM (one of my wifes best friends). Enjoy the resort. Since you're only going to be there one nite, take the time to enjoy the resort. There really are a few nice things to do there, especially in the evening.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

Original Poster
We had already made reservations to eat at Boma for later in the trip. We were looking forward to just visiting the park then.
We will probably get to the resort around 7 or 8 o'clock b/c of the long travel time we have (14 hours). We plan on relaxing when we get there. Walk down to the pool and take a dip. We have the Samantha Brown episode recorded on the Animal Kingdom Lodge that we enjoyed watching last night. We look forward to doing as much as we can there.
In the morning we again are just going to take our time at the resort before we go to the parks. Who knows when we will be able to go back for a night stay. We want to take it all in.
They may have to kick us out!!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

In the evening, there is a "storytelling" time around a large fire. While we've never stopped to experience, it did sound like a great time, while walking by.
14 hrs is a good distance. We drive in February from Western NY. Depending on when we leave, we either stop once or twice.
Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom