Animal Kingdom Lodge Upgrades

olive10tails

Does AKL automatically upgrade guests from standard view rooms? My husband and I have visited DW for the past six years. Does how often you visit have anything to do with if you are upgraded?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
It doesn't make a difference how many times you visit. If they have rooms open on a higher level like savannah view, they usually will upgrade you for free without asking. It doesn't happen all the time, it depends on how full the resort is.

Pam

Upvote 0

Coree

My husband and I stayed at AKL for our honeymoon a few years ago the second week of September. We had reservations for a standard view room and we were given an upgrade to a pool view.

Upvote 0

disneysailor

Coree said:
My husband and I stayed at AKL for our honeymoon a few years ago the second week of September. We had reservations for a standard view room and we were given an upgrade to a pool view.

Cool. Thanks! (fingers crossed)

Upvote 0

DanStat

We've been plenty of places and received an upgrade only once - not even at Disney World. It was the Westin in Atlanta - and it's because we had Starwood Perfered Guest. I wouldn't count on an upgrade to get you what you want.

Upvote 0

cjb-nc

Booked our first and only stay at AKL on our AP discount. Requested a standard view room, got upgraded to savanna view when we arrived, without asking. So no, I don't think it has anything to do with being a frequent guest, just whether or not they have space available.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom