animal kingdom lodge question

judymiller

has anyone stayed at the AKL yet? I have clients interested and I'm looking for some personal feedback to offer them... thanks alot

The Mom

Premium Member
AKL

I spent the past weekend there and it was one of the best stays I've had at Disney. Our Savanna overlook was perfect;the keepers fed the girafes outside of our balcony between 6 & 6:30 every morning. Saturday was foggy, and the sight of those beautiful animals coming through the mist was unforgettable! There were numerous nature guides stationed at all the overlooks to answer questions, and the employees were the friendliest I've encountered in a while. I had no problems with buses, but I may have been lucky. I had bunk beds for my children, and everyone slept well. It is my son's favorite hotel now, and I highly recommend it. Be warned, it is pricey, but worth it.(IMHO)

Upvote 0

woofboy111

I haven't stayed there (I live localy), but I've gone to visit a few times and eaten there. All I have to say is that it's my favorite Disney Hotel. The building is alot like the Wilderness lodge (possibly why I like it so much), but the animals are a big plus.

If you do stay there, look for the hidden mickeys on each of the shields up by the roof in the lobby (picture coming soon!).

Upvote 0

esmeralda

I stayed at the AKL in May and it was breathtaking! My only warning would be is if you get a standard view room, the view is terrible-looks over the parking lot.

We loved the resort though and spent the majority of our stay at the resort, not the parks! They give an awesome tour of the resort every day at 3:30. This was the most peaceful resort I have ever stayed at and the cast members were fabulous. They were always willing to talk to us and share information about their culture. The pool is huge and was a zero entry pool, meaning even small children could enjoy it and I also spent a substantial amount of time in the hot tub. The spa was nice and their massage/facial prices were almost 50% less than at the Grand Floridian!

We ate at Boma's for both Breakfast and Dinner and was very impressed, but NO restaurant in all of WDW equalled our dinner at Jiko's. Our service was outstanding, the food absolutely perfect and the chocolate candy they have for dessert was unbelievable. Our party of nine ordered SEVEN helpings of it!

I spent my birthday at AKL and maybe that is why it was so magical, but I cannot wait to go back and stay again.

Upvote 0

Tramp

esmeralda.....

didn't you stay in a room with the savannah view?
if so....would u recommend an upper or lower floor....we'll be there in august...

look forward to your reply

Upvote 0

esmeralda

We had a standard view room the first night, then went to a savannah view room. I think the third or fourth floor would be the best. They also have a lot of public areas where you can also view the animals.

Enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

sillyspook13

I have heard that the buffet restaraunt is great! Even though I live up the road, my family will sometimes stay in a hotel for a night or two just for the fun of it. We have decided that we may stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge before school starts again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom