Animal kingdom expansion! In need of ideas

MickeyMouse10

giraffe.png

A_Bug's_Land_at_Disney_California_Adventure.jpg

a-bugs-life.png

----- (the area is made up of various anthills, long grass, dandelions and other plants)

Dandelion.jpg

Attractions

It’s Tough to be a Bug
----- (weenie and landmark attraction)

Bugs-life-disneyscreencaps.com-3171.jpg

A Bugs Life
----- (formerly unused area)
----- (a dark ride, similar to mister toads wild ride)

Canobie_Lake_Park%27s_Caterpillar_-_Car.jpg

Canobie_Lake_Park%27s_Caterpillar_-_Operating_with_canopy_unfurled.jpg

Heimlich’s Beautiful Caterpillar
----- (formerly animal area)
----- (caterpillar ride, similar to slinky dog zig zag spin)

fliksflyers_nopropellers2017ah.jpg

Flik’s Flyers
----- (formerly adventures outpost)
----- (balloon ride, similar to inside out whirlwind)

francis_table2017ww.jpg

Francis’ Ladybug Boogie
----- (formerly animal area)
----- (whip style ride, similar to alien swirling saucers)

4896465025_1b5df591f9_b.jpg

Stores

P.T. Flea Market
--- (formerly island mercantile)

Doctor Flora’s Cabinet
--- (formerly discovery trading company)

Blueberry Troop 113
--- (formerly creature comforts)

Food and Drinks

Ptposter.png

PT’s Pizza
--- (formerly pizzafari)
--- (quick service themed to pt flea’s circus)

bugs.jpg

The Underground
--- (formerly flame tree)
--- (a quick service themed to the underground dwellings of the ants)

Molt.png

Molt Shop
--- (formerly isle of java)
--- (a walkup, with coffees, shakes and breakfast items)

JYHtkD8.jpeg

Bennett’s
--- (formerly tiffins)
--- (similar to chez remy in disneyland paris)

Bug Bar
--- (formerly nomad lounge)
--- (serves weird bug drinks)

OIP.Ml-ItEzvG5ZK7YgVK5aujwHaGe

Ladybuggy
--- (formerly terra treats)
--- (a walkup with bug related ice creams)

R.90ca8c2486d1e24ebaa72ed9b9e9cb49

Rosie’s Eight Spoons
--- (formerly eight spoons)
--- (a walkup, with various banana treats and pj's pop)

R.b22726646508d4e95e4c397db1788754

On a Stick
--- (located towards the front of the park)
--- (a walkup, serving hot dogs, corn dogs and other stick related items)

R.55ec02c5e8c97bda0ffed970b416e996

Tuck and Roll’s
--- (formerly the smiling crocodile)
--- (a walkup, which sells different pastries)

Last edited:

Goofy Ninja

I love the idea of making it look like their "Bug" home. They should have never gotten rid of it at DCA. It makes complete sense that it would be set in “Ant Island”. Since it would be replacing another Island (Discovery), which has a "Bug" attraction.

Plus it would be nice to have some theming in this section. Discovery Island has such a higgledy piggledy theming. "All of the other stuff that doesn't fit just put it over on Discovery."

Last edited:

Frankenstein79

They’d have to move the animals in this area. Because it wouldn’t fit with the “small as an ant” motif. Birds would be smaller than Flik.

Miru

A Bug’s Life should have been called a bug’s ride. And as for Dinoland… maybe move the birds there… and give the dinos feathers to match.

FigmentPigments

Since Animal Kingdom is based largely around continents, I think the easy additions would be South America (emphasis on the Rain forests), North America with bears, big horn sheep, and elk, and Australia with Kangaroos and kolas.

Australia could have a Great Barrier Reef portion (add a Finding Nemo tie if desired) that would segway into an Ocean section.

As part of the Ocean section, there could be a deep ocean section, where the giant squid lives, jellyfish, and ghost sharks.

From there another section could be the Artic/Antarctic with seals, penguins, and polar bears.

An ice age section next to Dinoland would be a great way to expand that area as well.

MickeyMouse10

A Bug’s Life should have been called a bug’s ride. And as for Dinoland… maybe move the birds there… and give the dinos feathers to match.

Very nice, "A Bug's Ride" would be a good name.

There's two things I never understood about the movie though. Why are the ants blue? and Why do they only have 4 appendages?

ants%2Band%2Ba%2Bbugs%2Blife.jpg

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

So in addition to the dinoland overhaul,
Animal kingdom would also undergo a massive expansion, a 30 acre one in fact that would add several new lands rides and also renovate the river rapids by replacing it, making way for a new one themed to European mythology, any ideas for the theme of that? My idea is one themed to the Black Forest in Germany somehow but how should I do that?
Can we finish EPCOT first? But anyway I vote for a Lion King land in AK :)

ppet

I think they have ignored half the animals on the planet and the expansion should be ocean themed. It could be Moana themed. A dark ride based on the wayfinders could be fun.

Twilight_Roxas

Most likely won’t be possible, but what about a land theme to mystical creatures from Greek mythology and medieval era even if it uses some IPs from Greek mythology like Hercules, and Percy Jackson.

The Great Gonzo

Most likely won’t be possible, but what about a land theme to mystical creatures from Greek mythology and medieval era even if it uses some IPs from Greek mythology like Hercules, and Percy Jackson.

They actually almost did something similar with Beastly Kingdom ride. Half was going to be European and the other half Mythical and Greek.

J4546

My suggestions are I agree with bugs land area would be pretty cool especially if you use a coaster like this bug themed one at europas version of bug land area....its really really good and imagine if disney made it bigger

Also, I want to make Kali River Rapids a much much better ride using massive showbuildings with PotC sense of scale and affects. KRR is such a let down from what was originaly planned and I want to fix that.

but first you gotta go hard in dinoland....either with dino or a complete retheme. Id like to keep the dino theme because dinosaurs are awesome, but you gotta really redo almost the entire land.

Miru

My suggestions are I agree with bugs land area would be pretty cool especially if you use a coaster like this bug themed one at europas version of bug land area....its really really good and imagine if disney made it bigger

Also, I want to make Kali River Rapids a much much better ride using massive showbuildings with PotC sense of scale and affects. KRR is such a let down from what was originaly planned and I want to fix that.

but first you gotta go hard in dinoland....either with dino or a complete retheme. Id like to keep the dino theme because dinosaurs are awesome, but you gotta really redo almost the entire land.

Call the ride “Leaf Chasers: a bug’s quest for glory”. Maybe the story could introduce a new villain?

MickeyMouse10

Perhaps the new villain would be a traitor ant? Or possibly a crab of some kind?

Yeah, it could coincide with a new film as well. It's got to be better then what Disney has been doing lately. I don't like many of the sequels and remakes they've been churning out.

Plus "A Bug's Life" is a great and unappreciated film.

Miru

Yeah, it could coincide with a new film as well. It's got to be better then what Disney has been doing lately. I don't like many of the sequels and remakes they've been churning out.

Plus "A Bug's Life" is a great and unappreciated film.
More likely a D+ series, rather than a full film.

MickeyMouse10

More likely a D+ series, rather than a full film.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

There are plenty of types of bugs they can use too. It could go on for many seasons and show Flik's new family. He could be a protective father like Marlin on "Finding Nemo".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom