Animal Kingdom August Hours

JPG

The Disney webpage shows the Animal Kingdom closing most nights at 5pm in late August. The WDWMagic calendar shows 6pm or 7pm (which is what I planned my trip based on). Which is right?

Thanks in advance!!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The Disney webpage shows the Animal Kingdom closing most nights at 5pm in late August. The WDWMagic calendar shows 6pm or 7pm (which is what I planned my trip based on). Which is right?

Thanks in advance!!

It looks like there has been a change in the hours- we'll be updating the calendar to reflect the chages shortly.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The calendar has been updated. I'm surprised to see the reduction of hours on so many days. The last two weeks of August went from 7pm closing to 5pm closings. We update the calendar on a weekly basis, so the changes must have been fairly recent.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

Yes, thanks for the heads up. I was under the impression that AK was open until 7 on the day we were planning to visit. It's now been changed to 5.

Upvote 0

JPG

Original Poster
Thanks all. Our plans were for staying until 7 as well (which is early anyway). Glad to find out now (here) instead of in 3 weeks (there)

BUT...I thought Disney posted the calendars in advance so people could plan their trips? ADDING hours is a nice surprise, but taking away? What if you had 7pm AK food reservations?

I (wrongly) assumed once Disney posted the calendar the times were official and not subject to change.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
DW called Dining yesterday. They said we should still show up for our reservation after 6:00 and if anything changes they will contact us. Seems strange to me that I will need to wait in a closed park for over an hour to eat???

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

We are a party of four. Two of us have reservations for Boma and two have reservations for Tusker House. I wonder if the Tusker House will honor reservations after 5pm. Let alone both reservations still being there, since they are under the same name and around the same time.:shrug:

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

As I'm sitting here thinking, cancelling these after 5:00 dinner reservations will leave a large number of people without dining reservations during free dining. Perhaps they will honor the reservations, but close all the attractions and allow no new park entries.

Upvote 0

Tink313

Im a little disappionted. I was excited to be in the park (ak) so late, it would have been fun. Now its back 5pm :( I think its a big mistake for AK and MGM opps DHS:rolleyes: too be closing so early during FD :confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom