Animal Kingdom assistance please!

UberPlannerMom

I need a little assistance from some people who know and love animal kingdom. I have to admit that I have only been once so my knowledge of the park is rather limited. I can spout off height requirements and what has fastpass and what is open during extra magic hours, but I can not tell you the things you only learn from love and experience. So... here are a few of my questions. If you think of anything else I should know, please let me know!

1. I know that the animals on the safari are most active first thing in the morning... how late is too late? We are going to be at AK on Oct. 1 if that helps any.

2. What are the showtimes for Finding Nemo? The Disney website tells me Lion King and Flights, but no Nemo!

3. Where are your favorite seats for Nemo and Lion King?

4. Do the lines for the characters at camp minnie-mickey get backed if you don't hit them first thing in the morning?

5. Does anything open late or close early? I am talking jungle trek or rafiki's planet watch or anything like that.

6. We are having dinner at Tusker House at close to closing time and I hate backtracking a bunch to get to dinner... what would you suggest for an order to tour the "lands" with such a reservation?

7. What is a must see on your list?

Thanks all!:wave:

lighteningqueen

In Dec we went 3 times in one day and all were good. Like someone said when something is out in the morning then usually something new is out in the afternoon.But all times are good unless it is hot then I would go later in the day and first thing close to morning you can. It does NOT take 45 min only about 20 minutes plus the wait line. Do it all the walks and especially the tree of life walk it is amazing that close and you will see so many animals carved everytime you look. Lion King anywhere you sit it is all the same just different sides. Nemo second teir close to the middle isle and 2-3 rows up from the walkway in the middle is great. Plan to spend the whole day and really look it all over you will come to love this park if you do. It is not ALL about the rides. Even watching Divine for her whole time out is so peacefull to watch her.. Take your time and do it all please.

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
We are thinking that we will get there before opening to see the little animals they bring out then, take a look around oasis, get the autographs at camp minnie mickey very quickly and then head straight back to the safari. After the safari we will work our way clockwise around the lands until we finish dinoland. From there we will check out the animal trails at discovery island on our way to dinner. After dinner we can get the evening show of the Lion King, catch it's tough to be a bug and maybe even another run through of Everest. Anyone think that will work? Not too much back tracking, should be able to not rush but also hit the shows and characters and still get the safari in the cool of the morning. If we have time we will definitely do the safari again before dinner. After all we will be pretty close to it!

So what do y'all think? Plausible?

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

I think you have it right do the area good while you are in it so as not to ahve to back track too much. When you get it all done then if you have time before closing go back and do the thing you like best. We ate at yak and yeti last year and got fright in with our ressies with no late in fact earlier than time reserved. Then we went back and rode the Safari again. I will say this try not to sit in the back seat. it will beat you half to death. Just give the Kingdowm a chance by doing it all and you will come to love the park. Do not forget to take the Rafkis planet watch very relaxing ride and when you get there nice cool building and good characters were there. Pocohontis, Jimine Cricket, Rafiki. Lines are short and time to take pictures. Have a good time for us. We just cannot save the money to go this Dec. I will not be a happy person until we can go again. Missing it so much!!!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Everyone has great ideas!! I also want to add the parade at 345 in the afternoon (Mickey's Jingle Jungle Jammin Parade) - it's a definite must see! The colors and costumes....music and floats will just blow you away!!! Enjoy!:wave:

Upvote 0

spencer75

We always go to WDW in August when its at its hottest. Until last year we had always done the safari first, due to recommendations. Due to Everest, we did not get to do it until late afternoon, and we saw more animals than ever before.
Do not miss Dinosaur, it is one of my favourite rides.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom