Andor (Rogue One prequel) Series on D+

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Managed to get through the first two episodes and I am finding it slow and un-interesting. Hope is actually gets good soon or I may give up on it.

erasure fan1

Managed to get through the first two episodes and I am finding it slow and un-interesting. Hope is actually gets good soon or I may give up on it.
I've only watched the first 2 as well, and I agree, it really dragged. I'll give them a pass for now since the show is longer than the typical D+ show. So hopefully it's just part of the build up.

Robbiem

Just finished episode four and its still a slow slog. I have to say I’m not really enjoying this show at the moment, it feels like it hasn’t started yet.

I think they’ve stretched this show out a bit too far to make more episode count for Disney plus

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Andor, the Star Wars prequel starring Diego Luna, has already set the start of filming for its second season and creator Tony Gilroy has revealed the date.

Earlier this year, Gilroy confirmed that the second season of Andor would start shooting in November. Eager fans had been anxious to find out when that would be and Gilroy recently told Collider in an interview that the Disney+ series would start shooting “the Monday before Thanksgiving,” which is November 21."

mf1972

was able to stream the last 2 episodes at our resort since. both were pretty good. looking forward to see how it plays out

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm not finished with the show quite yet, but I think the biggest problem with Star Wars storytelling these days is that Disney refuses to branch off from the timeline of the Skywalker Saga. I just can't invest in the stakes of a conflict of which we already know the outcome. The rebels win, the empire loses. But not really because the First Order exists and there's a Palatine clone in a cave on Exegol. We know all this. So I don't really care if this band of likeable misfits is able to pull off a heist of imperial payroll on Space Scotland.

That said, this show is everything I wish Rogue One had been. The gang of rebels in Andor have so much more charm and charisma than Baze Malbus and the crew from Rogue One.

erasure fan1

but I think the biggest problem with Star Wars storytelling these days is that Disney refuses to branch off from the timeline of the Skywalker Saga. I just can't invest in the stakes of a conflict of which we already know the outcome.
That is why I wanted knights of the old republic instead of the sequels. You would have a clean sleight for the most part and no worries about stepping on the toes of the Skywalkers. There's already a great base story to start with and from there you can go anywhere you want.

erasure fan1

I'm right there with you with that. Unfortunately since it wouldn't be Disney's idea, I see very little chance of it happening. That's why we got all the high republic stuff instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom