And you thought the new napkins were cool... (2005)

heather tomchik

Your hobby is no more.

The current WDW is a mean and sorry corporate machine. They realised that a lot of people really loved magical little Disney touches such as Mickey napkins and cups - so they did away with them.

You will have to pay for your souvenirs from now on. Mugs are now the number one sold souvenir. Disney would like to exploit this lucrative merchandise segment without interference from free Disney cups.
Everybody wants to take home a bit of the magic, so the object is to decrease the opportunities to do so for free. You shall have to buy your drinks in souvenir mugs if you want a keepsake.

(with the usual disclaimer that the napkins seem to be gone, and the cups remain to be seen)
I do pay for souvenirs as well, and am happy to do so. And if, at present, the napkins remain bare, I have confidence that, with time and personnel change, this will, as well. Maybe I'm living in a fantasyland... but so be it

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I do pay for souvenirs as well, and am happy to do so. And if, at present, the napkins remain bare, I have confidence that, with time and personnel change, this will, as well. Maybe I'm living in a fantasyland... but so be it

How much more time beyond seven years are you looking for?

rodserling27

Guys, I just time-traveled and brought back the retro Mickey look! Hooray! But someone might steal my time machine and change them to the generic ones again. Can't say I didn't try. :rolleyes:

Bob Saget

Actually, these Mickey napkins don't look bad at all. They have the WDW logo on them, the artwork...I'm happy. And you people thought Disney was backsliding.

Now I'm gonna skip off into the sunset quicker than you can say "dramatic irony".

TimeTrip

Actually, these Mickey napkins don't look bad at all. They have the WDW logo on them, the artwork...I'm happy. And you people thought Disney was backsliding.

Now I'm gonna skip off into the sunset quicker than you can say "dramatic irony".
Indeed.. considering the timeframe when these napkins were photographed...

MickeyPeace

Wow that was cruel.

I couldn't believe they would actually feature Mickey on everything AND have the text say Walt Disney World, not Disney Parks. Definately too good to be true. So much for good branding.

luv

This is kind of depressing.

I'm going to get a rubber Mickey stamp and go over to WDW and start stamping my brains out, making lovely napkins for anyone who wants one. I may get carpel tunnel, but it will be for a good cause.

AndyMagic

Bumping this thread and tricking me into thinking this was a recent change was just cruel. It's so sad that I got so excited about napkins and cups but the realization that I was duped was even sadder. :oops:

prberk

This is depressing because I think I remember reading this thread when it was new. Ugh, so much time...

Me too. And I also remember how refreshing it was that it still said "Walt Disney World," because even then we knew that they were sort of beginning to homogenize some things (like merchandise that at the time said, "Disneyland" AND "Walt Disney World" on them). At that time that was as far as the homogenization went. "Disney Parks" I don't believe was even yet on the horizon. Little did we know how far it would go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom