Pre-Trip And this is why two daughters are better than one!

Hello!

I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!

When: 10 DAYS!! October 19-25th

Why: Because what one daughter has the other must have it too.

Just a little background....

We are a family that started coming to Disney in 2006 when our children were 9, 6, and 3. We came every other year until 2015, which I've been blessed to take yearly "inexpensive" trips. Last year I had my first mother/daughter trip with C. She's my middle child and is a Disney fanatic. She desperately wanted a trip with just me (trip report found here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-and-congratulations-report-completed.944877/ ) that was last year. Well, E my oldest can't be left out and also wanted a mother/daughter trip. Where to I ask since I'm not sure exactly where she'd chose. "A ROAD TRIP to the east coast" she says. I'm actually excited about this choice, she picks a few states and a few quick stops along the way to see. Then she calls a couple of days later and says she changed her mind and says "I want to go to Disney"! I'm honestly very surprised and not too disappointed. I start thinking though, she does not like to tour the parks like C and I, she likes to go from open to close, no breaks and go from ride to ride quickly. I'm aging, I sit at a desk all day at my job, I'm serious out of shape. She's 23 young, energetic, and is on her feet everyday at work walking back and forth. Now I'm scared and stupidly suggest Universal (since she loves coasters and I'm a Potter fan) and a day or two at the beach. It takes her less than a day to veto that idea. I can't say I'm disappointed because I'm heading to Disney again for the 5th year in a row!!!! AND this is why two daughters is better than one.

Where: POP

Who: Me & E
emm.jpg

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We had a little mini movie marathon last night. E came up in the evening and we watched Moana and Alice in Wonderland. Discussed some of our options and danced around to the dismay of my husband. He says he doesn't like Disney but I know otherwise. He just likes to make fun of us.

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

I haven't started packing yet and we only have 8 days left!!

Tonight J and I will be going to Cincinnati for a concert. I got him tickets for his birthday and I don't want our Disney trip to overshadow his birthday evening. Starting Sunday let the chaos of Disney packing begin!! :inlove:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Ahhh We head out tomorrow!!

The packing happened in phases throughout the week.

Finally out of the attic:

0B6BF957-3348-4381-9DAB-5666F5C69D66.jpeg

First round of decisions:

F1FCFDA1-B578-4BA3-B33D-5AB6E2D5917F.jpeg

Some rearranging and "um, what the hell is going on here"

DBA99F71-F2F5-4DCA-A289-9E0D33B8B85B.jpeg

"Not cool Mom!" She's not very happy with me.

47554C1D-5E9D-4639-A4F5-094649E53AAC.jpeg

This one, only cares that there is enough food in the house while I'm gone.

C3C4A3B4-C1A6-4CDC-A041-0292531960B9.jpeg

Because I wanted to spend just a little bit more I got E and I new bands.

The process was actually a pain. Everytime we saw one we liked I'd put it in the cart then go to pay for it and inevitably one of the ones we picked was out of stock. I really wanted a Dory one that I saw a few times but was always out so I went with my second choice. E has always loved the Aliens so this was always one of her top picks.

DEB7C5D9-2D33-43F6-B516-88DF832D768B.jpeg

445A1400-EB76-4EF9-804C-DCB9386C3A13.jpeg

We're all checked in for our flight. It was 32 degrees here last night so I can't wait to be in that Florida sun tomorrow!

youngdeb

Have a great time!

You should try getting bands for 4 people...the one time that there were 4 that everyone would have been happy with, I kept getting out of stock messages... Thankfully we aren't going until January but we may just give up and get solid colour bands.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Have a great time!

You should try getting bands for 4 people...the one time that there were 4 that everyone would have been happy with, I kept getting out of stock messages... Thankfully we aren't going until January but we may just give up and get solid colour bands.
Ugh, 2 was enough of a pain, I can't imagine doing 4.

PeoplemoverTTA

Have a great trip!! Idk why they bothered with the Magic band ordering - I have logged in every day for over a month and it’s always out of stock on whatever I choose 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom