And now for something completely different

ParentsOf4

We've been to WDW dozens of times and have experienced all attractions, shows, and most restaurants. Now we are looking for the "unusual" things to do at MK and Epcot, things that normally get missed.

At MK:

- We've never ridden a trolley down Main Street and don't know how to do that.
- We've been to the Harmony Barbershop but never actually gotten a haircut.
- We've never seen the Flag Retreat.
- We've never eaten at The Plaza Restaurant. (We're pretty sure we've eaten everywhere else in MK.)
- We've never done the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique but out daughters insist they are WAY too old for that!
- We've never done the Pirate's League but our son KNOWS he's way too old for that!

At Epcot:

- We've never dined at Bistro de Paris.
- We've never had the buffet at Biergarten.
- We've never eaten at Teppan Edo.
- We've never eaten at the Garden Grill.

Except for the above, I'm pretty sure we've done all of the obvious. At this point, we're looking for the less obvious, the "hidden" gems at MK and Epcot. We're looking for something "completely different". Any suggestions?

EvilQueen-T

skip bbb...go to the main store on the casey's hot dog side of main st. and buy the tiara and just take pictures and wear it during your trip (it's always fun to be a princess). you'll spend a lot less money and those tiaras can withstand all the rides at all the parks...that i can personally attest to :king:

Upvote 0

shmmrname

I want to do a tour - and I think the "Behind the Seeds Tour" (if they still offer it) looks like a good gateway into the touring scene.

I assume you've made it to see/hear Voices of Liberty in the America Pavillion, the Chinese acrobats and all the other Epcot performers... (if not, you should - some of them are great)

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
First of all, I've been a huge Monty Python fan for 35 years, so I appreciate the title.

Secondly, you might want to check out this thread I started a few years ago. :wave:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=300412
I'm glad you "got" the insider's reference to Monty Python; I wasn't sure if anyone would notice! :)

Thanks for the link to the thread. After reading through it, I was able to identify several additional things we've never done at MK or Epcot:

- Checkers board in front of the Confectionary
- Waking up Tinkerbell at Tinkerbell’s Treasures shop
- Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot
- Free guided tour at the Morocco Pavilion
- Segway at Innoventions West (we've always skipped this because our children were too young)

Although strictly not in MK or Epcot, we'll also have to give the Electrical Water Pageant a try.

Upvote 0

Bocko57

My daughter had her 1st haircut there and my son had his 2nd haircut there. For us it was a magical experience. My daughter is now 12 and my son is 9. Call to make reservations.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

one of the things my step mom did this past year was have my sister and i recreate a pic of one she'd taken back in 1976. now that your kids say they're to old for this or that maybe it's a good time to get a comparison pic or two. fun to have in side by side frames.

my sister and i go on a trip just the two of us once a year just after thanksgiving (and like dorks always wear matching tshirts WITH our tiaras) so we used those same two pics for the shirt. the front has the current day pic on it and says "the magic of disney" and under the front pic "it looks like it's 2011" then on the back we have the pic from 76 and it says but it feels like it's 1976. we got tons of comments and even two extra fast passes while we were there :sohappy:

Upvote 0

flpropmgr

If these are still offered, consider the following at MK:
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party during Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
  • Backstage Magic Tour
  • Keys to the Kingdom Tour
  • Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage (starts at the Contemporary Resort)

And the following at Epcot:
  • Dolphins In Depth Tour
  • Gardens of the World Tour
  • Innoventions: The Sum of All Thrills (build and ride your own rollercoaster)

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

Had a trip planned for last October with my not-a-big-Disney-fan husband so I was trying to think of other things to do and I come up with mini golf, para-saling and fishing. The trip was cancelled so these things are still on my wish list.

Upvote 0

DME

I highly reccomend all the tours offered. But your kids might not be old enough as you need to be a teenager for the really cool ones where you go backstage.

Here's a cool thing I'd like to share that I did back in 1998. Just reading this thread made me think of the event and wanted to share.
This was before they has the wedding pavilion. I wanted to propose to my wife so I worked out an arrangement with Disney and I had rented out the the rose garden at the Magic Kingdom. When we arrived on our trip we received a letter when we checked in at our hotel indicating that we were two of their very special guests and that they had a special viewing of the fireworks that saturday night for us. I had to act surprised but was 'in' on the whole thing. Then when it was time for the fireworks, the whole rose garden was roped off and 2 cast members were waiting for us. We gave them the letter and they led us down the path to the old boat launch and there was a victorian couch, a glass slipper, chocolate covered strawberries, and a dozen roses waiting for us. My wife had no idea what was about to happen. So there I was in front of thousands of people proposing to my wife while the fireworks were going off. What a magical experience. Only thing I regret was not deciding not to have the limo pick us up in front of the MK to take us back to our resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom