And I Think to Myself....What a Wonderful World with Magic Friends

mpoppins76

So DH just sent me a text saying "I'm pregnant!"
Then a little later "April Fools!"

He's not very good at April Fools pranks, huh... :lookaroun
:ROFLOL:I think it's kinda funny

I used to get my parents good every year...(I'm pregnant, my boyfriend is gay, I'm in jail for stealing lipstick from Walgreens, etc)...and every year they'd fall for it. Until last year when today was the day that my pregnancy problems started and I ended up in the hospital and they thought it was another one of my pranks. :hammer: I have now hung up my April Fool's prank hat

k.hunter30

:ROFLOL:I think it's kinda funny

I used to get my parents good every year...(I'm pregnant, my boyfriend is gay, I'm in jail for stealing lipstick from Walgreens, etc)...and every year they'd fall for it. Until last year when today was the day that my pregnancy problems started and I ended up in the hospital and they thought it was another one of my pranks. :hammer: I have now hung up my April Fool's prank hat
Oh boy! Was it April 1 last year. Gosh, what a difference a year can make with one's life, huh?

nibblesandbits

Ugh. :( Need some prayers for my family please. My SIL left my brother. Apparantly she moved out just after Christmas and the only people who knew were my parents. They didn't really say anything to the rest of us until now cuz my brother was trying to get her to come back and work things out. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen. She'd been living w/ a friend but she just got her own apartment and refuses to see a counselor or try to make it work. She's just..."not happy". :shrug: She's pretty young (25), I just think maybe she wasn't ready for marriage? I suppose this explains why she hasn't returned any of my messages. It's hard for us cuz she's been a close part of our family for years.
*sigh* Poo :(
:( Hugs for your family. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Definitely tough.

And your avatar for today really threw me off! :lol:

nibblesandbits

Sorry to hear that Stephie.
Sometimes these things are for the best, but that doesn't stop them from hurting.
I guess now is a good time for me to tell you all that Lauren is getting a divorce. In her case, it's good news for everyone. It just wasn't right. She's already begun to move on and has a new guy. We haven't met him yet, but we haven't seen her this happy in ages, so we're thinking he's very good for her. I hope so. She deserves that.
I want to say that just about everyone goes into marriage with the idea that it will be forever. But people aren't perfect. They change and disappoint. Some marriages are worth staying and fighting for and some aren't.
Dot, I'm so sorry to hear about that as well. :( ((Hugs))

nibblesandbits

For the month of April at least, I will be changing my avvy again....I'll return to HP in May.....
Remember 1 in 150 children have autism, 1 in 94 are male.....I'm sorry, i just went to this site, http://www.autismspeaks.org/ , apparently it's 1 in 110, w/ 1 in 70 are male. :eek:
That is so insane! :eek:

Have you seen the show Parenthood, Jen? The son on there has Aspergers. It's a really good show actually. I quite like it.

PotteryGal

Original Poster
That is so insane! :eek:

Have you seen the show Parenthood, Jen? The son on there has Aspergers. It's a really good show actually. I quite like it.

No, I haven't - I always think of the movie by the same name when I see that.

I'm curious about those statistics.....which level of the spectrum has seen the biggest increase - lower or higher functioning? IMO autism is about brain wiring - it's not an illness that can be cured. What causes some children to be more severely affected than others? Instead of arguing so much about what caused it, teach us how to work with it!
Do you know how blessed we are? Our son looks at us.....he recognizes us and calls us by name....he observes the world around him and expresses curiosity about that world....so many parents of our special kids may never have that, and that makes me cry. Yes, he still stims....he struggles with fine motor skills and understanding the need for basic hygiene without assistance....I still don't know what the future holds for him. But I would give my life to see that he is cared for and protected from this sometimes sick world we live in. If love could cure autism, it wouldn't exist.

nibblesandbits

I'm curious about those statistics.....which level of the spectrum has seen the biggest increase - lower or higher functioning? IMO autism is about brain wiring - it's not an illness that can be cured. What causes some children to be more severely affected than others? Instead of arguing so much about what caused it, teach us how to work with it!
Do you know how blessed we are? Our son looks at us.....he recognizes us and calls us by name....he observes the world around him and expresses curiosity about that world....so many parents of our special kids may never have that, and that makes me cry. Yes, he still stims....he struggles with fine motor skills and understanding the need for basic hygiene without assistance....I still don't know what the future holds for him. But I would give my life to see that he is cared for and protected from this sometimes sick world we live in. If love could cure autism, it wouldn't exist.
I think it is a take off of the movie in a way. I'm not entirely sure as I haven't seen the movie. But it's really good.

And you're right Jen...we should be focusing on how to work with it, instead of a cause. (Although maybe by finding the cause...I do see their point...but the focus should be more on the other and then if the cause comes out...so be it.)

k.hunter30

Do you know how blessed we are? Our son looks at us.....he recognizes us and calls us by name....he observes the world around him and expresses curiosity about that world....so many parents of our special kids may never have that, and that makes me cry. Yes, he still stims....he struggles with fine motor skills and understanding the need for basic hygiene without assistance....I still don't know what the future holds for him. But I wouldgive my life to see that he is cared for and protected from this sometimes sick world we live in. If love could cure autism, it wouldn't exist.
Absolutely love this.
Love you too, Jenn! :kiss:

PotteryGal

Original Poster
Absolutely love this.
Love you too, Jenn! :kiss:

:kiss: Back atcha!

Have to go make lunch for my boy....I was able to go out to breakfast this morning with my sister - may be making this a spring break tradition, it was so nice. I shouldn't need anything else to eat until supper. :) Have a good afternoon everyone! :wave:

mpoppins76

Oh boy! Was it April 1 last year. Gosh, what a difference a year can make with one's life, huh?
Yup! I can't believe it's been a whole year.....seems like yesterday
:( Hugs for your family. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Definitely tough.

And your avatar for today really threw me off! :lol:
Thanks, Nibbs.

And :p
For the month of April at least, I will be changing my avvy again....I'll return to HP in May.....
Remember 1 in 150 children have autism, 1 in 94 are male.....I'm sorry, i just went to this site, http://www.autismspeaks.org/ , apparently it's 1 in 110, w/ 1 in 70 are male. :eek:
Woah! :eek:
GREAT..GREAT Show!..:D

Yay! Glad you like it! But then again, you like Lauren Graham, right? So you would like it. :D
Love that show! We started watching cuz the actress who plays the lawyer sister looks exactly like our friend. And her daughter's name is Sydney too! :eek: Great show, though. They remind me alot of my family. Big, disfunctional, but always there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom