Ancient thread bumpers

prberk

OK, I have to say this:

Lately, I have found WDW Magic less fun and attractive because of a slightly different, but similar phenomenon: the LONG thread with all news about any one subject forced to be put in it.

It used to be that you could open up the News and Rumors board and find a new thread anytime anything significant happened. That made it easy to know if anything particularly new had happened since the last time you looked. (Sometimes it had, sometimes it had not; but it was easy to notice.)

NOW, however, the thread name stays the same from six months ago; and even if it is back up at the top of the News and Rumors page, it may not have any real new information. That is because both new information and a simple comment will be labeled simply as another post on a 47-page thread. And if that one piece of news causes a flurry of new comments, heaven help you on trying to find it among the thirty-two new pages that will have posted by tomorrow.

I am sorry. I love WDW Magic; but THAT is the new trend that really turns me off. [And this feeling is new for me. Usually I am not phased by trends online.] Bumping old threads is probably related, but not nearly as irritating, I think. [And I will say that sometimes (on rare occasions), bumping old threads is nice -- especially when that live-as-it-happened "This is terrible" thread from 9/11/01 is resurrected around the anniversary of it. It gives us a picture of the way we thought at the time. But that is rare, and should be special.]

So, I hope we will go back to starting new threads when significant news occurs, even if there has already been a thread on that ride or event if the existing thread is older (making the newer news hard to notice). My two cents.

Nemo14

I get what you're saying, Paul, and agree with it to a point. The thing I've seen more of though, that I find equally annoying , is that whenever there is any kind of news, there are 6 or 8 threads about it immediately. It's as if there is no search option here or something. Does it really take that long to check to see if one's "news" is really "news":?

DDuckFan130

OK, I have to say this:

Lately, I have found WDW Magic less fun and attractive because of a slightly different, but similar phenomenon: the LONG thread with all news about any one subject forced to be put in it.

It used to be that you could open up the News and Rumors board and find a new thread anytime anything significant happened. That made it easy to know if anything particularly new had happened since the last time you looked. (Sometimes it had, sometimes it had not; but it was easy to notice.)

NOW, however, the thread name stays the same from six months ago; and even if it is back up at the top of the News and Rumors page, it may not have any real new information. That is because both new information and a simple comment will be labeled simply as another post on a 47-page thread. And if that one piece of news causes a flurry of new comments, heaven help you on trying to find it among the thirty-two new pages that will have posted by tomorrow.

I am sorry. I love WDW Magic; but THAT is the new trend that really turns me off. [And this feeling is new for me. Usually I am not phased by trends online.] Bumping old threads is probably related, but not nearly as irritating, I think. [And I will say that sometimes (on rare occasions), bumping old threads is nice -- especially when that live-as-it-happened "This is terrible" thread from 9/11/01 is resurrected around the anniversary of it. It gives us a picture of the way we thought at the time. But that is rare, and should be special.]

So, I hope we will go back to starting new threads when significant news occurs, even if there has already been a thread on that ride or event if the existing thread is older (making the newer news hard to notice). My two cents.

I totally agree! And as far as 6-8 threads on the same subject, that was regulated as best as possible and yes people need to search if the news came out on the same day. But I don't want to wade through 100's of pages to find out about the MagicBand and whatnot. I'm not THAT bored! I'll just read the news section or go elsewhere.

But you gotta admit the complaining about Disney and nit picking hasn't changed at all LOL. I can't wait for my 4th of July trip to find something to complain about! :rolleyes:

PUSH

More oldies - miss a lot of them!

But now you have me!
wave.gif

rsoxguy

Ancient thread bumpers!!?? What in the world do you have against older people bumping threads? I mean, sure, they can seem a bit out of touch with more modern ways, and they tend to use outdated terminologies, but that's no reason to..."what's that honey, they meant what?...no!...really?..." Ummm, never mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom