Analysts project 10 pct attendance decline at Disney's U.S. parks

whendoweleave?

call me crazy, but doesn't accusing people of acting like children fall under the category of an insult? :shrug:

Just asking...............:lookaroun

Sorry if it sounds like I'm insulting someone that is not my intention. It just seems that many posts run way off topic and end up with several people taking personal shots at each other or playing the "I'm so much smarter than you" game. Some posts end up getting fairy vicious.
We all come here to read and discuss Disney.
If you want to get into an e mail war or prove your personal non related Disney point/insult to someone please do not force the rest of us to read it.
Sorry i come here to read about all thing Disney related.

timeman

I don't find it hard to believe that Disney is forecasting a 10% drop in attendance. I would think it would be more. However that being said i have been to the parks 5 or 6 different times this year and it ALWAYS seems crowded. I'm not just talking about wait times for rides but over all number of guests in the park.

On the matter of the affordability of Disney. I'm glad Disney has a bit of a higher price all you have to do is look at the guest's that come to many of the lower priced parks. I have gone to many,many amusement parks around the country over the years and the cheaper ones have lots of unruly packs of kids and for that matter adults. The higher pricing i feel helps keep the undesirables out.
That's just my humble opinion!

Disney isn't the one that is forecasting a 10% drop in attendance, it was the analysts from Goldman Sachs that are forecasting it.

The thing about Disney is that they want you to go multiple days so the more days you go the cheaper it ends up costing per day, even if you get a No Expiration ticket.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry if it sounds like I'm insulting someone that is not my intention. It just seems that many posts run way off topic and end up with several people taking personal shots at each other or playing the "I'm so much smarter than you" game. Some posts end up getting fairy vicious.
We all come here to read and discuss Disney.
If you want to get into an e mail war or prove your personal non related Disney point/insult to someone please do not force the rest of us to read it.
Sorry i come here to read about all thing Disney related.

That's when you hit the
report.gif

eddiemcgarrigle

Here's hoping that the deals keep going and going.

I'm in the process of booking up for 2010 and the price of hotel, DDP and tickets is coming in at £5000 but if I where to book the same deal for this year it would only cost £3400.

CBOMB

I love reading everyones post's but why does it always seem to end up like two little kids fighting and insulting each other.
Please lets talk about Disney not act like two year olds in a school yard!!!
The point of going to WDW is to bring out your childhood imagination?

WDWFigment

I'm self employed and have been for over 20 years. I'm a home remodeling contractor and i can tell you first hand people are afraid to spend money right now. My business is off by some 70% from a year ago. I'M not the only one many of my friends who own their own businesses are experiencing the same issues. They have a wide range of businesses from,Painting,flooring,plumbers,insurance,mail boxes etc., auto repair.
I do feel that yes we are in a bad way for many reasons but i think the news media feeds the fire and keeps it going. They spread fear among the masses. With all the 24 hour news outlets they need to talk about something. People get tired of hearing about "octo mom" 'Tot mom" " Was it a Fax paw that Mrs. Obama touched the queen"
It's just like the "storm of the century" warnings they love to give out. People panic and run out empty the local super markets because "a storm is on the way" then we end up with just a few snow flakes. They need to keep you watching somehow.
I don't find it hard to believe that Disney is forecasting a 10% drop in attendance. I would think it would be more. However that being said i have been to the parks 5 or 6 different times this year and it ALWAYS seems crowded. I'm not just talking about wait times for rides but over all number of guests in the park.
Also I have noticed that the people with the little touch screen surveys have been very interested in what I'm spending and where I'm eating recently. Normally they are more interested in how many times i have been to the park or where i come from. That alone must tell you what their thought process is at.
On the matter of the affordability of Disney. I'm glad Disney has a bit of a higher price all you have to do is look at the guest's that come to many of the lower priced parks. I have gone to many,many amusement parks around the country over the years and the cheaper ones have lots of unruly packs of kids and for that matter adults. The higher pricing i feel helps keep the undesirables out.
That's just my humble opinion!

I think a lot of the fear to spend is a result of the media reports about the economy. It's a bit ironic, because in my opinion, now is a great time to spend. Given the astronomical amount of debt we have accumulated and continue to accumulate, hyper-inflation is right around the corner. There has never been a better time to borrow and spend money!

Regarding Disney and its affordability, I'm surprised you haven't received the standard responses calling you an elitist yet. I'll admit to agreeing with you. Now if only airfare from Brazil would go through the roof...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think a lot of the fear to spend is a result of the media reports about the economy. It's a bit ironic, because in my opinion, now is a great time to spend. Given the astronomical amount of debt we have accumulated and continue to accumulate, hyper-inflation is right around the corner. There has never been a better time to borrow and spend money!

Regarding Disney and its affordability, I'm surprised you haven't received the standard responses calling you an elitist yet. I'll admit to agreeing with you. Now if only airfare from Brazil would go through the roof...
I don't know that I would agree that people should borrow to spend... At current lending rates, the cost of borrowing isn't bad, but if hyper-inflation is truly around the corner, that cost could quickly become disastrously unmanageable for many people. Starving tomorrow to finance fun today might not be the best advice.

On the other hand, I am continuing to travel to WDW on a regular basis because I can comfortably do so while maintaining a debt-to-asset ratio that means I can be completely solvent almost instantly. People who can afford it should be being encouraged to spend to maintain the economy.

WDWFigment

I don't know that I would agree that people should borrow to spend... At current lending rates, the cost of borrowing isn't bad, but if hyper-inflation is truly around the corner, that cost could quickly become disastrously unmanageable for many people. Starving tomorrow to finance fun today might not be the best advice.

On the other hand, I am continuing to travel to WDW on a regular basis because I can comfortably do so while maintaining a debt-to-asset ratio that means I can be completely solvent almost instantly. People who can afford it should be being encouraged to spend to maintain the economy.

I guess my statement probably could've used a sentence or two more. It's rarely a good idea to borrow or spend money you don't have to finance non-essentials. That's a large part of how we got into this mess. I believe it's a good idea to spend money you have right now or borrow money (that you could easily repay), because of the future value of that money. I think the rate of inflation by mid-2010 will far surpass the interest rate of any loan.

whendoweleave?

Yes i wish that we could some how quarantine everyone who wants to come to Disney from South America. I have seen first hand in the Resorts and parks how crazily they act!
I was a kid many years ago when i was there and don't remember if that is how they act back in their own country or is it that once they get out of the country it's a free pass to act like idiots.

I'm far from an elitist but i grew up in the city of Philadelphia and i can tell you I'm glad i don't have to spend my down time with people like that!!! We here have somewhat of a well documented bad reputation and most people from the area find it to be a badge of honor and feel that we must live up to that reputation! :fork:

SirGoofy

I'm far from an elitist but i grew up in the city of Philadelphia and i can tell you I'm glad i don't have to spend my down time with people like that!!! We here have somewhat of a well documented bad reputation and most people from the area find it to be a badge of honor and feel that we must live up to that reputation! :fork:

Hey now! I'm from Philly and I love that city with all my heart.

Let's go Phils!

Besides what happened tonight.

whendoweleave?

Hey now! I'm from Philly and I love that city with all my heart.

Let's go Phils!

Besides what happened tonight.

I love Philly and it's people also i have lived here all my life but i must admit I'm glad i don't have to go on vacation with them!

As for tonight you can see how fast we turn on a team 15 minutes into the game we are booing the team that just won the world series! :confused:

My prediction by weeks end they will be calling for the firing of Charlie! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom