An interesting take on the Mission Space incident at "Disneyland Park Florida"

Testtrack321

It's not just that, the article made NO SENSE! What about e-stops? Does this guy think it's a coaster? What the hell is happening?

SpectroMan

Well, this article was written by a Russian. So I can see why things are a little messed up in the article. Without the problems in the article, this article is not too bad, and it is something that might make people think before they get on a ride with many warnings.

Bluewaves

Deaths like this are common???? This guy needs to check his facts, in the US it like 1 in 20 million, your odds of dying of a car accident are more likely. I say we ban cars before amusement rides and then airplanes, but first we need to ban stairs, anything slippery , oh bananas, showers, bathtubs, guns, and lets not forget about smoking, drugs, so on and so forth then we can talk about theme park rides.

Another moron, who sells his stories to morons. What an idiot.

marlaymike

First, I beleive there is a STOP inside the car (Mission Space), second, weren't there some cameras were someone in control room can see what the people are feeling?

What are the tvs in the queue area?

tracyandalex

WOW!!!!!! as mentioned before, i believe we all lost some brain cells reading that one. and as a person with general knowledge and a science major, i think this guy should go back school!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
marlaymike said:
First, I beleive there is a STOP inside the car (Mission Space), second, weren't there some cameras were someone in control room can see what the people are feeling?

What are the tvs in the queue area?

No, there is no "stop" or panic button in a M:S capsule. Doing so would make everyone else on the ride sick, it only stops if the film or movement has an error.

No, the capsule interiors are not monitored during the ride. Due to the way people are loaded into the vehicles and the size of the capsule, this is simply impossible. Again, stopping the ride would be detrimental to the other riders, and watching all the people would be impossible as they would each need an individual screen. That's 160 little images for someone, or even several people, to watch. It can't be done realisticly.

There are other simulators like Star Tours where the entire cabin is comonitored during the ride, but it is simply 1 camera watching the entire cabin, not 4 ride systems with 40 cameras each.

lamarvenoy

That was a pathetic article.I would expect that trash from a middle schoolers "current event" asignment but not from printed media that is circulated.I hope that guy isn't paid very much.

mwc1996

That has to be the worst article that I've read since my Middle school paper had a story about the Choirs charity football game. Do they have theme parks in Russia? :hammer:

Rotel1026

Wow, that was pretty bad writing...

The whole time I'm reading that, I'm wondering if maybe Senator Markey must be using an assumed name to spread the word on how "dangerous" amusement parks can be. :lol:

Captain Hank

Moonshadow1 said:
Other than the mis information it almost seems as if it was written in another lauguage and translated to english. (ie russian)
I was just about to comment on that. It says on the bottom of the article that it was translated from Russian to English. The crappiness of the article's flow is probably because of words that don't translate well from Russian to English. In the scheme of things, the "Disneyland in Florida" thing is pretty minor, though it did cause me to cringe. I do find the line "It goes without saying that a strong refusal not to visit theme parks is the most powerful remedy to avoid all of the above-mentioned trouble." rather funny though.

Steve4wdw

Cameras

About the camera thing, It's my understanding that there is a camera for each person and that the monitors are lined up so there's 4 people to a screen. Because they were showing pictures of this which appeared to be different from the ones seen in the que line, but I'll easily accept being wrong.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
4 people to monitor still equals 10 monitors per "ride system", of which there are 4, thus it would need 40 screens, which do not exist BTW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom