An inside look at the Siemen's Lounge

Lunamis

Original Poster
Good afternoon!

Due to a little magic (read *knowing some people thanks to my sister*), we were able to take a quick tour of the Siemen's lounge in Spaceship Earth! Just a warning- my camera is awful, I'm a terrible photographer and it was a very spur of the moment experience- THEREFORE, the pictures aren't excellent. Feel free to comment and I'll clarify to the best of my ability.

You entire through a door marked "Siemen's" by the handicap entrance and come upon this display
6211883133_f90f5fdee5_z.jpg

They call the lounge "Base 21"

6212397362_25d2dcf6bd_z.jpg

The lovely lady behind the desk is Francine and she ensures that you register your visit on the touch pad screen in the foreground. She said the lounge is basically for Seimen's employees and those guests who are lucky enough to have a magical moment.

6211883371_74729aebd6_z.jpg

The lounge is not big at all! The windows looking out onto the fountain/pin station area house a large conference room that we weren't privy to. There is an espresso and fountain soda machine you are welcome too but no snacks :rolleyes: I am happy to say they have Mr. Pibb (not just Pibb Xtra)! Being from the North I will always go out of my way to try a cup of my favorite Dr. Pepper counterpart. :D
6212395544_e12a583b5e_z.jpg

6212396676_948ab9878e_z.jpg

Bairstow

Cool! Thanks for the pictures.

It would be neat to see a collection of all the different corporate lounges that have existed in the parks over the years.

Lunamis

Original Poster
There are some interactive screens scattered about (such as the one the other guests are staring at). We were only able to play around with one function on one of them. You basically cover your eyes for a few seconds and when you remove your hand a different overlay appears. It was cute! I wish we could have seen some of the other games :cry:

Me as an awkward rabbit...

6211884457_79731a3675_z.jpg

Woo scientist

6212395714_80116d8468_z.jpg

Lookin great Mom!

6211885289_15f5cb2daf_z.jpg

Well that's all I've got! Hope you've enjoyed and have forgiven my photography skills.

njDizFan

cool pics, thanks for a little insider view. Not exactly overwhelming but always wanted to know what's up there.

BTW....greetings from your neighbor here in Union, NJ

maxairmike

The Land lounge is a really nice space, but is only used by cast now. The Seas is a really, really impressive lounge and I have been lucky enough to be in there a few times. The piano is beautiful, and I could spend hours relaxing and watching the fish in there. It seems the turtles like to swim up around those particular windows. You can sometimes see into the HP lounge from the M:S line, especially if the TV is on. Someone had on what appeared to be a Spanish soap opera one day. :lol:

Lunamis

Original Poster
cool pics, thanks for a little insider view. Not exactly overwhelming but always wanted to know what's up there.

BTW....greetings from your neighbor here in Union, NJ

Right around the corner :D I'm up that way on Rt. 22 fairly often. Nice to meet some fellow Disney fans so close!

we were chooses as the rocky family of the day and got to visit the HP lounge at mission space. It was about equal in terms of how impressive it was. It felt kind of neat though and was a welcome relief to the July heat

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The Land lounge is a really nice space, but is only used by cast now. The Seas is a really, really impressive lounge and I have been lucky enough to be in there a few times. The piano is beautiful, and I could spend hours relaxing and watching the fish in there. It seems the turtles like to swim up around those particular windows. You can sometimes see into the HP lounge from the M:S line, especially if the TV is on. Someone had on what appeared to be a Spanish soap opera one day. :lol:

I've never noticed this. Where do you have to look?

sweetpee_1993

I've never noticed this. Where do you have to look?

When standing in line near the big turning wheel-o-rooms (has the awesome little nod towards Horizons on the center) and facing in the direction you will be walking, look up to the left. That's where the lounge windows are. I've seen CNN on numerous times over the years. :wave:

thelookingglass

You can also see the M:S lounge from the Advanced Training Lab (game room at ride exit) if, when looking toward the exit, you look to the upper left of the room.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
For those interested, take the Undiscovered Future World tour. Our guide took us to the M:S and Seas lounges. Both were very cool (although the Seas was more impressive). I can't say they always go into the lounges but it's worth a shot!

Fantasmic

I went up to the Land Lounge when it was the Annual Passholders lounge a few years ago (actually, possibly 10 year ago) - it was lovely

Phonedave

I saw a soap opera on there one time and just happened to catch a scene that was pretty "adult" well about as adult as you can get on an over the air channel, but still it was pretty funny. A number of people in the queue noticed it as well.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom