An EPCOT What Was question

DisneyPinDad

Original Poster
Hello All. We are just back from a week in the magic and all I can say is it was HOT HOT HOT!!! But also FUN FUN FUN.

Now, here's my puzzler from this trip:

As you go into World Showcase, on the left just before Mexico, there is a large building. It currently houses the Baby and First Aid Centers (according to the signs). QUESTION: What else is in this building or what was????

Thanks to all for the great info on these boards that helped make our trip all the more magical!!!!!!!!

DisneyPinDad

2004 - Carribbean Beach
2002 - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - Off Property (Never again)
2000 - Dixie Landings (Gone but not forgotten)

:cool: 2005 - Wilderness Lodge the week after T-giving - the BEST TIME! :xmas:

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think you're talking about what used to be known as Odyssey. It was a fast food restaurant when EPCOT first opened. Because if it's odd location, there was just very little traffic and it has been closed for years. In recent years, it's only used for private parties and things like that.

speck76

Maybe it will be needed more when Sunshine Food Fair is closed :lookaroun

Anyway, Epcot was kind of built with too many food locations, Innoventions west still has a closed restaurant....

Also, why would someone want standard park food when Mexico is so close?

:D

marietta-stitch

Odyssey is also used for wine seminars durning the Food and Wine festival. Last year I attended a Coppala seminar there and it was very interesting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
KevinPage said:
It's conviently located as a Baby Care Center fo my needs, right between both halve of the park.

Nothing would be worse than humping all the way back to the entrance from World Showcase

I mean wasted as in unused - I agree the facillities are perfectly placed, just rehab and reopen the restraunt to guests.

Joy

I remember eating at Odyssey a few times. It was awkward because you had to walk so far out of your way to get in and out of the restaurant. I agree with an earlier post - it would be a perfect place for a new attraction!! :sohappy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
the odyssey have some nice bathrooms, and no one is hardly ever there because a lot of people think it is closed because there is nothing in the building. Going in there is kind of spooky because no one is there.

Today is my birthday! :king:

Steamboat_Kevin

ajrwdwgirl said:
Today is my birthday! :king:
Happy birthday! :wave:
So is Odyssey in World Showcase or Future World? If it was in Future World, I'd say they should turn it into a sit-down restaurant. Future World only has one other sit-down restaurant (Coral Reef Restaurant).

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The odyssey is kind of on the border. A sit down restaurant would be nice. I wonder if they could use that space to create an attraction?

:king:

bhg469

jrashadb said:
Ugh...
The Odyssey of The Odyssey. WDWs largest bathroom.
:rolleyes:
funny you should mention that because everytime i have ever been in that bathroom there is an inch of "water" onthe floor" i was ins sandals at the time

lets jsut say i went to the fountain that the kids like to run through and gave my feet a little soaking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom