An attraction "trying to be Disney"

retroeric

Original Poster
Sorry in advance, didn't know what forum to post this on. I got to ride the new R.L. Stein's Haunted Lighthouse at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay the other day, and it was truly awful! What a disappointment. It really makes you appreciate the imagineers at Disney even more. It was obvious they were trying to be Disney'esque, with the "4-D" (getting sprayed by water, feeling rats at your feet similar to Tough to Be a Bug with the bugs crawling behind your back.) but these special effects were probably 10 years behind their time. I swear I could make better digital effects with my Mac G3. I had heard they spent a lot of $$ on this attraction, but I can't imagine where they spent it all, except for paying actors Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson. And the ending couldn't possibly be any cheesier.

I love Busch Gardens, but this attraction was really disappointing.

FigmentJedi

Another example of a cheap attempt to replicate disney is "The Underground",an attraction at Adventureland theme park in Des Moines,Iowa. The animatronics were poor and it was rather dark.

Figment1986

Originally posted by Tahu
Another example of a cheap attempt to replicate disney is "The Underground",an attraction at Adventureland theme park in Des Moines,Iowa. The animatronics were poor and it was rather dark.

Whats weard was i remember that from the year it firast opened. I was so young and didn't appreaciate coasters yet, I thought it was fun. now i think of it lame and skiper.

Why is this here though, shouldn't this be in other places?

mickey04

Originally posted by retroeric
Sorry in advance, didn't know what forum to post this on. I got to ride the new R.L. Stein's Haunted Lighthouse at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay the other day, and it was truly awful! What a disappointment. It really makes you appreciate the imagineers at Disney even more. It was obvious they were trying to be Disney'esque, with the "4-D" (getting sprayed by water, feeling rats at your feet similar to Tough to Be a Bug with the bugs crawling behind your back.) but these special effects were probably 10 years behind their time. I swear I could make better digital effects with my Mac G3. I had heard they spent a lot of $$ on this attraction, but I can't imagine where they spent it all, except for paying actors Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson. And the ending couldn't possibly be any cheesier.

I love Busch Gardens, but this attraction was really disappointing.

Yeah, I saw it in Williamsburg. Couldn't agree more, it was horrible- an embarrasment to the park. (and sadly, we saved it for last.)

General Grizz

Early 1970s...CEC (in Orlando) created the Bear Country Jubillee show in an attempt to create a Country Bear style show. CEC now makes "Chuck E. Cheese..."

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Its by R.L. Stein. Of course it has a cheesy ending. Have you ever read of one his books? Every book has a cheesy ending.

magicjay1989

I unfortunately had to wait an hour for the stupid thing. I dont know if the do this in willumburg but in tampa they have show times. I dont know if any of you notice but the waiter at the end of the atraction was weird al yankovic ( i think thats how you spell it!)

mickey04

Originally posted by magicjay1989
I unfortunately had to wait an hour for the stupid thing. I dont know if the do this in willumburg but in tampa they have show times. I dont know if any of you notice but the waiter at the end of the atraction was weird al yankovic ( i think thats how you spell it!)

I forget whether or not they had showtimes- the park was about to close and we just walked right in. Oh man, if I'd had to wait an hour for that show, I don't know what I would have done! :dazzle: Sorry to hear it!

Nitrogen

The film will be different every year or sooner. I don't get why you are saying the park is trying to be Disney; they didn't invent the simulator or the fourth-dimension simulator for that matter. Busch Gardens knows roller coasters and that is all I care about from them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom