American Pyrotechnic Association (APA) Fireworks Display - Seven Seas Lagoon

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the Geek Labs

Finally got power back and cable we faired well with the storm.

American Pyrotechnic Association (APA) Fireworks Display - Seven Seas Lagoon: Magic Kingdom Resort Area Closures for Thursday September 30, 2004

On Thursday, September 30, immediately following Park Clear of the Magic Kingdom Park, a special fireworks display will take place for the American Pyrotechnic Association (APA). As a result, all buses (including those in the Magic Kingdom Bus Turnaround), monorails, watercraft and foot traffic between the Seven Seas Lagoon traffic light at World Drive and Park 1 will need to be shutdown and clear of Guests and Cast from approximately 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The Magic Kingdom Park will close at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday.

Thelazer

If you can... this is something NOT to be missed. I'd bring a video camara as well. The last time they did this display it was QUITE something!

DonickCo

im very very temped to book a flight ..... so i can shoot this..... ever since i heard of the APA shows over 4 years ago i wanted to see the show on the 7seas lagoon.

-DonickCo

Grrrrrrrr ....if i only knew sooner

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DonickCo said:
im very very temped to book a flight ..... so i can shoot this..... ever since i heard of the APA shows over 4 years ago i wanted to see the show on the 7seas lagoon.

-DonickCo

Grrrrrrrr ....if i only knew sooner
Go for it!!! LOL. What can we tempt you with? How about a lifetime supply of Mickey Bars?

DonickCo

Unforchintly I have to work Friday…. i could get out of it….. but im also in the process of buying a digital SLR…. So im abit low on time and funds.

-Sucks
DonickCo

so ill do the next best thing..... ill try to get dave and dan over there :D

s25843

wdwmagic said:
Go for it!!! LOL. What can we tempt you with? How about a lifetime supply of Mickey Bars?

Let The bidding begin Steve, give me your best offer!

I have my CC out and ready to Book! :lol:

cherrynegra

The funny thing is I saw these gentlemen with their badges and was wondering if they were there for a convention or something. Actually, I think it would be great if Disney hosted an international fireworks competition with prizes awarded for the most innovative fireworks, best musical fireworks composition, etc. I originally thought that Epcot could host it in the same lagoon that has Illuminations, but since the APA is doing their exhibition on the Seven Seas Lagoon, mmm.. Epcot might be too small to host a fireworks competition.

justintheschola

Anybody got any ideas for good viewing locations? I'm thinking top of the Contemporary, but I wonder if they plan on clearing that out for the show. Any ideas would be awesome.
-Justin

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
perhaps Dave and I may take on this endeavour... I'm leaving him a voicemail right now

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Dave's taken a more positive than expect note when I told him, replying with a "We Shall See"

rcamire

I can get video, but where to tape from

I am embarrased to say I have worked at Disney for 6 years and created orlandorocks.com, and I never knew about this, where is a good place to tape, I will get video.

Any idea on where to get more info, is it open to the public?

Invero

I remember when I first saw this... I was in my apt, and the fireworks were just going off like crazy... 10 minutes later, they were STILL going off! So I went to check it out from my balcony. What an AMAZING show! Just imagine 10 Wishes going off at ONCE.

I get out of work at 10:30 that night, so I should be at the TTC around 10:00 which is when I am guessing it is going off... I hope I don't forget!

Invero

It's the most amazing pyrotechnic show you have ever seen, 100 times over. Just imagine Wishes!, IllumiNations, Fantasy in the Sky, and Sorcery in the Sky all going off at once.. now multiply that by 100... all at once. :)

Thelazer

Still working on info for good viewing spots. Right now, anything on the contemporty side of the lagon should be a good viewing point. Also possibly the dock at the Grand.

1disneydood

Is this something they do yearly? Do they announce enough in advance to plan for the vacation? I'd love to go but I can't just "up and go". :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom