American Idol Positive Influence on DHS

DisneyAnole

That would be an AI "exclusive fast pass" only available at WDW. And mark my words, Disney will discover talent in this process and I am sure somone will end up on a Disney produced show directly from a tryout at DHS. Just my opinion.

I don't know what you'd predict that. Idol can't even find talent without Disney. Isn't Kelly Clarkson the only winner who really became successful?

jt04

I don't know what you'd predict that. Idol can't even find talent without Disney. Isn't Kelly Clarkson the only winner who really became successful?

Disney will be having hundreds of auditions a day. I sincerely believe a very select few (maybe 1 or 2 a year at most) will be so good Disney will be compelled to sign them to a contract (for HSM or a show on TV etc.). We'll see, it's just my opinion.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Nope. Carrie Underwood has a couple Grammy's and has sold somewhere in the vicinity of 7 million albums. Chris Daughtry is also extremely successful. Jennifer Hudson ended up with an Academy Award, and all the others have individually made enough money to make it worth the effort of auditioning by far. Heck it's more money than I'll ever make, I'd take it.

jedimaster1227

As I am reading all the replies to my original thread, I think people are seeing my opinion. And people have brought up great points. Do I wish it was one of the long standing rumors for DHS: Great Muppet Movie Ride, Indy Coaster, New star tours, Updated and Advanced Superstar TV, I would take any of these over this American Idol show, but in the long run, this show combined with the Pixar Place and TSM will help bring something big and huge to the studios. Let this theater keep cranking out show productions after the AI show. That will bring back the original studio idea. The attendance will spike and the folks at WDI will bring us some new things we have been waiting for.

Great Muppets Movie Ride- A dead project that won't be dug up again. Muppets 4-D is plenty popular enough for the franchise in Disney's eyes.
Indy Coaster- Nope. An updated version of the show is likely to go into development soon, with installation following the results of the box office breaking fourth film.
Star Tours- Already happening. I figure by the time Idol opens, Star Tours should be closed.
Superstar Television- Closed and dead. While it is a possibility they could revisit this idea, it is not likely that it will happen any time soon, or at least until they realize that it isn't making them any money to run Sounds Dangerous anymore...

JimboJones123

For those that still don't get it.

Fear Factor at Universals is HUGELY Popluar with about 1/2 of the guests. The other 1/2 of the guests could give a flip about it.

Same here. AI will be HUGE for about 1/2 of the guests. The other 1/2 of the guest could give a flip about it as well.

What's the problem here.

Can you really say that 1/2 of all guests that go to AK ride Everest? Can you say that 1/2 of all guests that go to Epcot ride Mission:Space? 1/2 of MK guests go on Space Mountian?? None of these are true. Not all guests can go on every attraction at a park on a busy day. That's why they offer variety. This is a GENIUS plan to "fill" up a park that's lingering at 1/2 day. This can be a multiple trip attraction as well.

sknydave

I really don't understand why people are complaining that the show will lose it's popularity in a few years. Who cares? Doesn't everyone complain about seeing the same shows for 10+ years? I know I do.

Vernonpush

For those that still don't get it.

Fear Factor at Universals is HUGELY Popluar with about 1/2 of the guests. The other 1/2 of the guests could give a flip about it.

Same here. AI will be HUGE for about 1/2 of the guests. The other 1/2 of the guest could give a flip about it as well.

What's the problem here.

Can you really say that 1/2 of all guests that go to AK ride Everest? Can you say that 1/2 of all guests that go to Epcot ride Mission:Space? 1/2 of MK guests go on Space Mountian?? None of these are true. Not all guests can go on every attraction at a park on a busy day. That's why they offer variety. This is a GENIUS plan to "fill" up a park that's lingering at 1/2 day. This can be a multiple trip attraction as well.

And keeping people in the park for the "big final round" at the end of the day. Making it a full day park.

Pete C

The only thing they did wrong by creating this attraction is not doing it sooner. It will be HUGE, with the potential to be the most popular attraction in Orlando if marketed properly. With this, Toy Story, and apparently Star Tours in the pipeline...DHS is finally getting the attention it needs.

wdwmomof3

The only thing they did wrong by creating this attraction is not doing it sooner. It will be HUGE, with the potential to be the most popular attraction in Orlando if marketed properly. With this, Toy Story, and apparently Star Tours in the pipeline...DHS is finally getting the attention it needs.

I totally agree. I can't wait to see this. I think it will be fun to watch and for the people there who can sing, it will be fun for them too.

DisneyMissy

I really wish they would have come up with something better than an American Idol attraction. That is just my opinion though. This is something that I will just skip over while in the Studios. That said I am sure that it will be a huge hit with the younger crowd but I still would have liked to see a much better use of the space with a quality attraction.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do agree with you it lacks all creativity and I think it's a huge waste of time, money, and land. I mean why not put in something that EVERYONE would like, not just targeting people who want to sing and be on american idol. I have no desire to be anywhere near this attraction because I don't watch the show.
The other thing that I don't like about this is that what about the adult population who is too old to audition for the show. Are they going to tell them that they can't participate? So this is targeted for a small group of people from 13-30 and that's it.
I just wish they would do something different, like based on their own ideas from an actual disney movie. and look what has happened to something that is a fad, exactly like who wants to be a millionaire? Disney should read our blogs to realize they are making a huge mistake!
Sure it would increase attendance, but it's for all the wrong reasons.
Stop american idol from taking over the world!!!!! I am soooooooo sick of it. :goodnevil
There is a very simple reason why Disney does not do this....Such an attraction does not exist. The best they can do is create an attraction that many people will like and AI is exactly that. Many will want to be on the show and many will want to watch hoping to see either the next Clay Aiken or William Hung. I personally do not care about this attraction but I will go see it at least once. If I enjoy myself then I will go again, if I don't then I won't. Pure and simple. I am just glad that Disney is doing something with a largely unutilized space.

WaltsApprentice

Not to rain on your parade, but TSM isn't an E-ticket. It's been reported that it's more like a D-ticket (whatever that means!). So I guess it's not really attempting to rival Spiderman, but we'll see after it opens.

Its very sad that we keep labeling things E-ticket rides...some people don't even know what an e-ticket ride is (I saying this in a general way...its not directed completely to you but the idea of labeling rides) Heck i LABEL anything an e-ticket ride if its good...and what I've been hearing about the detail work that is going into this 80 million dollar project, it sounds amazing!! Give it a chance before you put it on the D-list. Read the Time magazine article..It really gives a great look at the design and theme of the ride! And it sounds like they are pulling out all the stops! Just by what is going on with MR. Potato head I just want to go in the "line" ride lol!! Sorry i just had to say that:wave: It's just frustrating to hear so many people complain by just idea, concepts, rumors or coming soon rides that they have not even tried yet. Okay I'm done now...please don't be harsh ...:(

WaltsApprentice

There is a very simple reason why Disney does not do this....Such an attraction does not exist. The best they can do is create an attraction that many people will like and AI is exactly that. Many will want to be on the show and many will want to watch hoping to see either the next Clay Aiken or William Hung. I personally do not care about this attraction but I will go see it at least once. If I enjoy myself then I will go again, if I don't then I won't. Pure and simple. I am just glad that Disney is doing something with a largely unutilized space.

Took the words right out of my mouth!!...um..can I have them back now! lol
I agree with you... its funny that everyone complains about getting attractions into DHS or in the old ABC theater...but when they actual are trying hard to get something everyone will hopefully like...they still complain...There is no pleasing everyone Oh well:animwink:

the-reason14

Its very sad that we keep labeling things E-ticket rides...some people don't even know what an e-ticket ride is (I saying this in a general way...its not directed completely to you but the idea of labeling rides) Heck i LABEL anything an e-ticket ride if its good...and what I've been hearing about the detail work that is going into this 80 million dollar project, it sounds amazing!! Give it a chance before you put it on the D-list. Read the Time magazine article..It really gives a great look at the design and theme of the ride! And it sounds like they are pulling out all the stops! Just by what is going on with MR. Potato head I just want to go in the "line" ride lol!! Sorry i just had to say that:wave: It's just frustrating to hear so many people complain by just idea, concepts, rumors or coming soon rides that they have not even tried yet. Okay I'm done now...please don't be harsh ...:(

I agree. It seems like the same folk that complained about mgm being bad because its a half day park and they dont have enough rides and they need to do something, are the same people condenming(sp) TSM and all the other stuff disney is doing trying to improve mgm. Some people are never pleased. Its like, we need more this, they try and give you it, but oh no its not the right thing, its to this and that. Just get over it and atleast be thankful that disney is atleast trying to improve the place and whether you like it or not(and havent been on it yet) TSM is a step in teh right direction.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I agree. It seems like the same folk that complained about mgm being bad because its a half day park and they dont have enough rides and they need to do something, are the same people condenming(sp) TSM and all the other stuff disney is doing trying to improve mgm. Some people are never pleased. Its like, we need more this, they try and give you it, but oh no its not the right thing, its to this and that. Just get over it and atleast be thankful that disney is atleast trying to improve the place and whether you like it or not(and havent been on it yet) TSM is a step in teh right direction.

During your previous life during the French Revolution were you happy eating cake?

kcw

I hope it boosts DHS attendance, because it's my favorite park (after the MK of course). I never understood why people got bored with it! BUT the biggest downside I see to this is the audience portion, I don't think they'll be able to draw in an audience. I don't see any shortage of people that want to audition, but I for one do not want to waste my days in the park sitting in a theater watching people that think they can sing (but can't).... and even the talent that is good.... well, so what? Granted, this is coming from someone who doesn't watch AI because I have no desire to, but obviously there is quite a popular viewership outside of myself, so who knows....:shrug:

I just think a show like the Aladdin one in DCA or something similar would've been much better.

there's talk of Aladdin leaving DCA in the next little while, so maybe WDW will get lucky!

Can you imagine in 10 years having the contestants say, "I'm going to Disney World." instead of Hollywood?
oh dear, I can only hope and pray it doesn't last that long...

Carrie Underwood! In fact, in the long run, I imagine she'll end up being more successful than Kelly Clarkson. I think she has lasting power, while Kelly Clarkson is on her way down...

jt04

Carrie Underwood! In fact, in the long run, I imagine she'll end up being more successful than Kelly Clarkson. I think she has lasting power, while Kelly Clarkson is on her way down...

She was great on the Grammy awards although she seemed nervous at first. Probably worried about how she would be received by the recording industry gate keepers in the audience.

I am hoping Imagineering puts enough effort into the show's presentation that it won't have any problems getting a full house. The living character initiative might be a good start. Perhaps the could cast "Grumpy" or "Ursala" or some other Disney villian for the role of the "mean judge". That would be cool!

I think like Millionaire did, Idol will bring crowds to DHS that just want to participate in that one attraction. It is granting a dream to someone who wants to audition to aI.

I really dont like the idea of the Show either but like most people have said it will increase the attendence of DHS. Most of you had said that this is a cheep fad that only hits a certian group of people. Well, disney is already full of stuff just like this. Anything that involves High School musical for example. I would rather have a bunch of things like this then for Disney to have to close DHS. I hope that it will bring in a lot of people and then disney will have to start adding more stuff to DHS. I will be staying away from AI but if you think about AI it does involve the ideas of disney, making people's dreams come true. This might be the best way to go about it but it will have to do for now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom