American Idol in Superstar theater...Proof

OmegaKnight

At least they are putting something in the ABC Theatre. Regardless of what you think about the show, there is no doubt that this attraction is going to be insanely popular with park guests.

EPCOT Explorer

As Luke Skywalker said...

**clears throat**

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**cough cough**

Thank you for the news, now I'm going to go in the back and have a good cry.

>Steve

Yep.Not gonna lie.This sucks.

Instead of focusing on TV shows,these are Studios for movies no?

So much for a "new" era for the Studios.

EpcotServo

Disney WAS pop culture for that time period and they worked it for everything they could. But, there wasn't the entertainment culture that we now have. How many TV networks at that time? Three, Four? Now? Hundreds... How many indepedant film makers? How many screens did the local theatre have? One? and it was the only one in town.

Things are MUCH different today and that should be obvious. Disney still has a huge impact on our entertainment, but just the vast amount available means they SHOULD look outside their boundaries. That makes good business sense.

Hey, Walt could've easily put in shows like "The $64000 Question" or "21" if he wanted too.

hokielutz

Its probably already been said a number of times already, but I will bring it up too.

How much of DHS & its 17 year lifespan is solely based on original concepts and themes from their own braintrust? You have Star Tours, Indy, RNRC, TZTOT, and Muppets (granted Disney bought the rights, but it was a Henson product) that fill big attraction voids in the current park.

One could say that this Idol contest/show will replace the live Millionaire show. Anways, since we didn't strike a deal for Potter, this is a decent consolation prize.

gsimpson

I am not a fan of Idol but I think having shows that are not exactly the same each time is a good idea, I suspect this is part of the reason Turtle Talk and Monsters Inc do reasonably well. I expect the show at DHS will be more entertaining that the Fox tripe and even though I don't like Idol, I think it is perfectly acceptable for Disney to build things for guests other than myself, seems to be a minority view amongst the self absorbed of late. Everything else not withstanding: Disney is adding a new attraction, it will most likely be a pretty good people eater, good for them.

Too bad they won't build it as a giant karaoke bar, if they served drinks then I would definitely see this show to relax and cool off.

nibblesandbits

gsimpson said:
I think it is perfectly acceptable for Disney to build things for guests other than myself, seems to be a minority view amongst the self absorbed of late.

I couldn't agree more. If I have room in my signature, may I used this?

jt04

Yep.Not gonna lie.This sucks.

Instead of focusing on TV shows,these are Studios for movies no?

So much for a "new" era for the Studios.

Used to be, but now it will be themed towards the more generic "Hollywood" concept which allows more flexibility as has been previously stated.

DisneyDellsDude

The thing I liked about Millionaire was that audience members were the stars, which made everything become really entertaining. I like attractions to be immersive, and if you are picked and go through make-up ect... then that would be an awesome experience for some people. They would be the "stars" of the show.

I liked how the Studios used to be a working one. This is the next best thing you could have in that point of view. I think that this could have potential.

Even though it is a show, at least it's a new one.
And we already have a ride being made at the park.

Let's see how this is when it's open.

hokielutz

I'm intrigued by the concept plan of the Idol show and participation. But at the same time I can't say that I will absolutely enjoy it or hate it.....

... until it is finalized, built, and put into operation. I forsee some challenges (repetition breeds boredom) that they could have, but since I am not in the know, then I can't say whether it will impact the final product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom