American Idol... I didn't hate it

JiminyandTink

Original Poster
I just got back from wdw this week and I've got to say to my surprise that I didn't hate the American Idol Experience.

I wasn't sure about it before I went down but it wasn't bad at all.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

macsmom

I don't watch AI at home. But, my best friend loves it so that is why I know what is going on. So, I went to WDW with a mutual friend who also loves the show so we had to go. Much to my surprise, the three people who sang that day were quite good. One was actually a 14 year old girl who ended up winning - she was really good. I don't know how she did that night, but I hope she won. So, I would say the same as you. I ended up enjoying it. If I had gone solo, I would not have gone.

danna

the-reason14

I also enjoyed it as well. I thought it was gonna be bad, but it was pretty well executed imo. Although the 3 people who performed in my show were disney channel "star" quality horrible, I still thought it was a pretty good show.

11:28

I don't watch AI at home. But, my best friend loves it so that is why I know what is going on. So, I went to WDW with a mutual friend who also loves the show so we had to go. Much to my surprise, the three people who sang that day were quite good. One was actually a 14 year old girl who ended up winning - she was really good. I don't know how she did that night, but I hope she won. So, I would say the same as you. I ended up enjoying it. If I had gone solo, I would not have gone.

danna

Who were the other 2 singers? Was one of them a man that sang Drops of Jupiter? I was there May 12th and I sang Drops of Jupiter, just wondering if I sang at the show you were at?

macsmom

No, sorry. I was home by then. The gentleman was from Houston, I think, and he sang a song by Rascal Flatts, I think. Not bad, but not as good as the girl.

I hope you did well!

danna

macsmom

I think the Hostess (whatever she's called) said there were 7 finalists. There is a show every hour or so and each one has a winner and then the finale has all of them.

danna

Susan Savia

Don't really care for the TV Idol show, but we did stop into see the attraction last January and really enjoyed it. Its also a good 30 minute rest break.

DizneyPryncess

I just got back from wdw this week and I've got to say to my surprise that I didn't hate the American Idol Experience.

I wasn't sure about it before I went down but it wasn't bad at all.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Same experience for me. I was dragged on it, and hadn't planned on going on it at all. I actually ended up liking it. DH & I went to the finale again last week, and realized that the first time we went on it in March had been an exceptionally talented day. I didn't really like it as much this week, it was more karaoke than last time. I think your experience depends a lot on that days performers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom