American Idol Experience

RodSerling123

Original Poster
I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about the termination of the American Idol Experience. For me personally, I loved. I participated in it every time I was at DHS and even got to the finale a couple of times. Did you enjoy this attraction? Are you glad it's now gone? Wish it would come back? Let's hear some thoughts!

yaksplat

I'm glad that this is finally closing. I don't think it really had a place in the parks and it was just a knee jerk reaction to fit in there. The previous use of the building was great and I think it should be returned to that.

JiminyandTink

I actually enjoyed the Idol experience (as a viewer, not a performer), but I would be more than happy to replace it with a revival of Superstar Television

JIMINYCR

The first several times we took it in, the performances were pretty good and I didnt mind dropping in to watch. DW was more interested in it than I was, so I went along. Then the quality seemed to go down hill after a few years and it seemed they were filling the entries with anyone just to make it a contest. There was clearly one standout among others who were horrible. Maybe it got difficult to find guests who wanted to participate?? But it was no longer entertaining. So I'm not saddened to see it vanish.

acishere

I was tired of the TV show by the time they introduced the attraction, so it just did not interest me. The space could be better used.

copcarguyp71

Did it once at the insistence of DW and DD. Never ever had to do it again after that. Admittedly I never watched the show so I was not the demographic they were going for. The appeal was lost on me but I am not exactly one to glom onto pop culture. I am torn though...while it was open at least there was something there it now that it will be closing I fear yet another abandoned or misused space in the park which is already too sparse.

Cue the StarWarsland cantina posts...

Gomer

Never experienced the show itself as I can’t stand AI. But I am happy over the removal for two reasons.

With the video loop gone, Minn & Bill’s will be a much nicer place to sit again. I sat there during my last trip to eat a snack and had to leave to go find a seat elsewhere after listening to the obnoxious video of wannabe pop stars over and over. Hopefully whatever replaces it doesn’t invade the surrounding space so much.

Secondly, I’ll appreciate not having to avoid the recruiters in the morning. I know they were just doing their job to get people in, but it will be a more relaxing walk into the park without them.

Disneygrl

You can't just leave it at that, tell us more. You won the dream ticket and......
I didn't use it. I gifted it to the 2nd place winner. I have friends who were part of the actual city audition process and it's all a joke. Luck of the draw as far as the initial selection process goes.

It just became something my family looked forward to every trip. I actually won it more than once lol. I'm excited to experience HS without it!

worldfanatic

I've watched the TV show from the start, and still enjoy it.
Despite this, from the beginning I hated the idea of the the Hollywood Studios attraction, and I never saw anything to change my mind.
The actors portraying the judges were good, but the talent pool was simply not large enough, and some of the acts that made it on stage were embarrassingly bad.
This show was not Disney caliber.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom