News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
so today i spoke with one of the CMs here at AA and during the refurbishment they are getting new projectors and a new ending video. She didn't know what was going to change. Other than that she suggested some of the show elements could have some maintenance performed.

Indeed...

The idea is (as well a huge leap in overall SQ) the finale will be easily updatable.

Nah, pretty sure that is the digital conversion. (Or did that already happen when I wasn't paying attention?)

Certainly Lance and Tiger have to go.

Animaniac93-98

so today i spoke with one of the CMs here at AA and during the refurbishment they are getting new projectors and a new ending video. She didn't know what was going to change. Other than that she suggested some of the show elements could have some maintenance performed.

When will the refurb take place?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OK, I can understand Lance... but, why Tiger. Because he had affairs? If you went by that there would be no one in show at all.

Yeah, because he had affairs. This isn't me being a prude and saying he can't have multiple consensual relationships. He was lying to one person about being monogamous while having all those other relationships. Liar, liar. And there's a DUI.

I know some sports stars like to say, "I'm no model", to take the heat of them for when they behave badly. But then, don't do endorsements or sign autographs. If you put yourself out there as if you were a model to follow, then either be one or get out of the spotlight. And if a person ain't one, then they shouldn't get a spotlight.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I despise cheaters. He could be on fire and I'd drink the bucket of water before I throw it on him to put it out.
So, using your logic...all the following should be cut from the show, or at least re-worked to prostrate themselves for the morality police.

The Thomas Jefferson scene with Ben Franklin, gone (he cheated on his wife)
FDR's radio scenes and his animatronic, gone (he cheated on his wife)

And then we get into Golden Dreams:

JFK's speech portion, gone (he cheated on his wife)
MLK's speech portion, gone (he cheated on his wife)
Billie Jean King, gone (bet you don't even know who she is, and that she cheated on her husband in a lesbian relationship with her hairdresser)
Bill Clinton, gone (he...hahahhaa, well...see a pattern?)
Muhammad Ali, gone (and yep, over and over again)

Well, whom would you suggest should take their places?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
OK, noted but IMO still the greatest cyclists alive. Should not have caved, nothing was ever proved but a few said they saw.
I think he belongs for two reasons:

1) He was an excellent cyclist
2) His inspirational impact on society through his cancer initiatives

I mean, come on...everyone for a few years was virtue signalling with their WWLanceD yellow rubber bracelets they got at the local gas station. That was AMAZING! And the licensing for merchandise alone!

I wonder, though...how much of the foundation money earned made it into actual cancer research and aid?

Oh...a LOT of it.

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/1206/in-numbers-lance-armstrong-foundation

And, that is highly respectable.

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
No matter if they're controversial or not there are better heroes that should be in their place (I.e. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Elon Musk etc.)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No matter if they're controversial or not there are better heroes that should be in their place (I.e. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Elon Musk etc.)
I'd agree with Gates, perhaps. He had a bad habit of stealing work.

Along the same lines, I'm shocked that Saint Jobs isn't up there...even though he was a terrible person by most accounts.

Musk, maybe. Lets see how his legacy plays out.

Buffett? Heh, he is a sheer opportunist. Nice guy, down to earth guy, I like him a lot, but a "hero"? Not really.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
I'd agree with Gates, perhaps.

Musk, maybe. Lets see how his legacy plays out.

Buffet? Heh, he is a sheer opportunist. Nice guy, down to earth guy, I like him a lot, but a "hero"? Not really.
I think itd cover wider bases. Someone who might not be a hero to you might be someone else's hero. I admire Buffet a lot. Musk less so. Gates I think is a great businessman and admire him a lot too.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think itd cover wider bases. Someone who might not be a hero to you might be someone else's hero. I admire Buffet a lot. Musk less so. Gates I think is a great businessman and admire him a lot too.
True.

Buffett, though, needs to stick to what he is good at. When he gets political, he makes little sense. But, most millionaires and billionaires are the same.

"Tax me more!"

They have that option, any time they choose to exercise it.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/gift/gift.htm

They can choose their tax rate, with the current system, but instead would prefer to pretend they should be taxed more BY LAW, instead of BY CHOICE.

That...is a bit disingenuous, wouldn't you say?

And, they do this with a straight face, whilst supporting politicians who say the same (like our last President), that, oddly, never make that happen.

And, that...was when I lost respect for Buffett.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, because he had affairs. This isn't me being a prude and saying he can't have multiple consensual relationships. He was lying to one person about being monogamous while having all those other relationships. Liar, liar. And there's a DUI.

I know some sports stars like to say, "I'm no model", to take the heat of them for when they behave badly. But then, don't do endorsements or sign autographs. If you put yourself out there as if you were a model to follow, then either be one or get out of the spotlight. And if a person ain't one, then they shouldn't get a spotlight.
Then I guess we should take a few others out too. Let's see, just off the top of my head... JFK, Roosevelt, Almost any sport super star that has used performance enhancing drugs, from all sports and all high achievers. Mickey Mantle was an alcoholic, Babe Ruth too. We either have to accept that even though they are somehow looked upon as special, they are first and foremost human beings. We need to stop having all these double standards. Tigers DUI is public mostly because of his fame. The others we don't hear about, and for the first time the explanation really did seem to make sense, not ego driven. Look at the moral mess we have in Washington. We tend to be particular at who we point fingers of shame at while letting others skate right on by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom