AMC Theater Remodel

Rambozo

It would be cool if they made it like Sci Fi dine in inside the theaters. This way you can watch real movies in fake cars.

JohnD

You knew this was coming.

MisguidedThoseBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

DisneyCane

I assume they will be going with 4k projectors but you know what happens when you assume. Barco manufactures 2k laser cinema projectors so that is a possibility.

The quality improvement should be noticeable but not quite as good as the Dolby Cinema or IMAX with Laser black levels. Both of those preprocess the laser light for local dimming zones to be able to achieve extreme black levels with DLP projection.

OG Runner

Do they still have the theaters that had tables you could use for food? They were in front of the seats, not just a side rest.

Gringrinngghost

Gringrinngghost

Do they still have the theaters that had tables you could use for food? They were in front of the seats, not just a side rest.
Not to my knowledge, but I've not been in the original dine-in side like that since Passengers. This was the seats they had in Theater 17 when I saw the US release of Verdens verste menneske (The Worst Person in the World). It was worth noting as well, they didn't come in during the film, unless I were to have ordered something presumably through the app. Now you do order in the lobby and it's brought to you before the movie begins.

2022-09-01 16_59_33-AMC Theater Remodel _ Page 5 _ WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World dis...png
2022-09-01 16_59_46-AMC Theater Remodel _ Page 5 _ WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World dis...png

For those wondering, the seats also recline and are heated.

For those wondering, this was the setup for Passengers.
1662066734875.png

Dine in is far worse now in both quality and experience.
It was a rather more pleasant experience then when I saw Passengers. I recently did the Studio Movie Grill at Sunset walk when I saw NOPE, and all all my issues with the original AMC Dine-in were present. The experience can be quite distracting.

Bonus: The seats at Studio Movie Grill are like that of AMC's Theater 17 but are not heated.
2022-09-01 17_16_42-AMC Theater Remodel _ Page 5 _ WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World dis...png

Bonus 2: My at the time my review of the original AMC Dine In at Disney Springs.

Which I surmised: It’s great for if you have seen the movie already as it can be quite distracting, have a special occasion you are celebrating, want to have a special evening at the movies with your significant other or if you have a great gift card balance or promo code to AMC.

I still stand by my comment of "if you have a great gift card balance or promo code to AMC." as it can be as high as 40 Dollars for someone to go by themselves.

lightningtap347

Not to my knowledge, but I've not been in the original dine-in side like that since Passengers. This was the seats they had in Theater 17 when I saw the US release of Verdens verste menneske (The Worst Person in the World). It was worth noting as well, they didn't come in during the film, unless I were to have ordered something presumably through the app. Now you do order in the lobby and it's brought to you before the movie begins.

View attachment 663971View attachment 663972
For those wondering, the seats also recline and are heated.

For those wondering, this was the setup for Passengers.
View attachment 663974

It was a rather more pleasant experience then when I saw Passengers. I recently did the Studio Movie Grill at Sunset walk when I saw NOPE, and all all my issues with the original AMC Dine-in were present. The experience can be quite distracting.

Bonus: The seats at Studio Movie Grill are like that of AMC's Theater 17 but are not heated.
View attachment 663975

Bonus 2: My at the time my review of the original AMC Dine In at Disney Springs.

Which I surmised: It’s great for if you have seen the movie already as it can be quite distracting, have a special occasion you are celebrating, want to have a special evening at the movies with your significant other or if you have a great gift card balance or promo code to AMC.

I still stand by my comment of "if you have a great gift card balance or promo code to AMC." as it can be as high as 40 Dollars for someone to go by themselves.

The food is a far cry from the quality of 2017. To be fair, I only went to dine-in to see movies I didn't necessarily care about getting distracted in, and I and my friends enjoyed sitting and eating food that was actually pretty good at a table.

The seats are better now but the food is far worse and there's no traditional table. It's completely up to opinion, but I preferred the old distracting dine-in experience.

Gringrinngghost

I saw Jaws today in the AMC Dine-in since that was the only format they were showing in. Here’s an photo of the updated dedicated dine-in theater.

3E0F73BD-1978-4689-91D3-33B72BDF6259.jpeg
234E5C62-7746-4C9B-9212-34288AA2C17E.jpeg

DisneyCane

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom