• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

AMC Theater Remodel

WhatJaneSays

Advertisement
Orlando is getting an Alamo Drafthouse across I-4 from DS.
Shame too becuase the Drafthouse would have been a better fit for DS than AMC is.
I don't know about that. As much at I adore Alamo Drafthouse (and I am ECSTATIC because this location is about 15 min from where I live) their style would never mesh with the needs of a theater at a tourist destination.

cindy_k

I really hope they do another dine-in here. I've always wanted to dine in at an AMC, but the nearest dine-in AMC is a half-hour drive. So if I do get to go to Disney World next time, I'd get to have a nice meal while watching a great movie!
If you want a nice meal, don't do the Dine In at Disney Springs AMC. I have done it a number of times. Its over-priced to start with, which I would forgive if the food and service were decent. Unfortunately they aren't. The service is actually terrible. Its really really bad. You are better taking all that food money and going to a nice dinner at one of the much better food establishments at Disney Springs.

YodaMan

The redone bathrooms are now open. Very clean. Very white. New carpeting appears to be white as well.

YodaMan

White carpeting seems like such an odd choice for that high traffic of an area.
Well, it’s a patterned combo of white/off-white so even if it gets dirty it shouldn’t be too terribly noticeable. They’re clearly aiming for clean and polished and less tacky with this refurb.

DisneyCane

Well, it’s a patterned combo of white/off-white so even if it gets dirty it shouldn’t be too terribly noticeable. They’re clearly aiming for clean and polished and less tacky with this refurb.
I guess they want less of a 1998 multiplex look (don't remember the exact year that the expansion/remodel opened) and more of a 2019 look like all of the fast food restaurant remodels going on everywhere.

YodaMan

For anyone following along, lots of work has occurred in a short amount of time. The outside is being repainted, the carpet has been redone, the walls are being redone, the concessions are getting redone, and the bar is being redone. Lots of work going on all at once.

mj2v

The renovated bathroom already fits the filthy motif that they had in place prior to the renovation.

Water pools in the sinks, along with gunk, the light gray tiles already have blotches of grease and the new rug leading into the bathroom had a black greasy track.

The theater clearly is not staffed correctly to keep up with the masses.

Top Bottom