AMC Theater Remodel

WhatJaneSays

Orlando is getting an Alamo Drafthouse across I-4 from DS.

Shame too becuase the Drafthouse would have been a better fit for DS than AMC is.

I don't know about that. As much at I adore Alamo Drafthouse (and I am ECSTATIC because this location is about 15 min from where I live) their style would never mesh with the needs of a theater at a tourist destination.

cindy_k

I really hope they do another dine-in here. I've always wanted to dine in at an AMC, but the nearest dine-in AMC is a half-hour drive. So if I do get to go to Disney World next time, I'd get to have a nice meal while watching a great movie!

If you want a nice meal, don't do the Dine In at Disney Springs AMC. I have done it a number of times. Its over-priced to start with, which I would forgive if the food and service were decent. Unfortunately they aren't. The service is actually terrible. Its really really bad. You are better taking all that food money and going to a nice dinner at one of the much better food establishments at Disney Springs.

YodaMan

White carpeting seems like such an odd choice for that high traffic of an area.

Well, it’s a patterned combo of white/off-white so even if it gets dirty it shouldn’t be too terribly noticeable. They’re clearly aiming for clean and polished and less tacky with this refurb.

DisneyCane

Well, it’s a patterned combo of white/off-white so even if it gets dirty it shouldn’t be too terribly noticeable. They’re clearly aiming for clean and polished and less tacky with this refurb.

I guess they want less of a 1998 multiplex look (don't remember the exact year that the expansion/remodel opened) and more of a 2019 look like all of the fast food restaurant remodels going on everywhere.

mj2v

The renovated bathroom already fits the filthy motif that they had in place prior to the renovation.

Water pools in the sinks, along with gunk, the light gray tiles already have blotches of grease and the new rug leading into the bathroom had a black greasy track.

The theater clearly is not staffed correctly to keep up with the masses.

WhatJaneSays

I noticed earlier when I was checking shows for Avengers: Endgame that there were no Dine-in shows for that or any other movie after 4/24. There are also an extremely reduced number of shows for Endgame as compared with Captain Marvel. There were 141 shows of Captain Marvel Thurs-Sunday, in that same span there have been only 63 shows of Endgame. Even discounting the Dine-in shows there were 95 Captain Marvel shows.

I can only assume it's due to the renovation.

YodaMan

I noticed earlier when I was checking shows for Avengers: Endgame that there were no Dine-in shows for that or any other movie after 4/24. There are also an extremely reduced number of shows for Endgame as compared with Captain Marvel. There were 141 shows of Captain Marvel Thurs-Sunday, in that same span there have been only 63 shows of Endgame. Even discounting the Dine-in shows there were 95 Captain Marvel shows.

I can only assume it's due to the renovation.

Showtimes don’t usually post that far out. Those are just the advance screenings. Revisit showtimes on Wednesday morning.

WhatJaneSays

Showtimes don’t usually post that far out. Those are just the advance screenings. Revisit showtimes on Wednesday morning.
For regular shows yes, however Marvel and other similar movies the show posting are very different. I know because I track sales at the Disney Springs AMC. For example there were 60 shows opening weekend for Captain Marvel for it's on sale date (8 weeks out), 28 were added the week of 2/22 (2 weeks out), and 52 additional were added before opening night. This was similar to the pattern for Infinity War and Black Panther

Endgame started with only 46 at it's on sale date, and has only added 17 additional shows with only 5 days to opening night. They are also showing it in 1/3 less theaters. I'm sure that more shows will be added, but this is way outside the statistical norm.

mj2v

For regular shows yes, however Marvel and other similar movies the show posting are very different. I know because I track sales at the Disney Springs AMC. For example there were 60 shows opening weekend for Captain Marvel for it's on sale date (8 weeks out), 28 were added the week of 2/22 (2 weeks out), and 52 additional were added before opening night. This was similar to the pattern for Infinity War and Black Panther

Endgame started with only 46 at it's on sale date, and has only added 17 additional shows with only 5 days to opening night. They are also showing it in 1/3 less theaters. I'm sure that more shows will be added, but this is way outside the statistical norm.
I wonder if the new cineopolis and smg are taking more business away. I’m sure it’s more about the renovation, but both are great alternatives

WhatJaneSays

I wonder if the new cineopolis and smg are taking more business away. I’m sure it’s more about the renovation, but both are great alternatives
Possibly, but it can't be that much. I think the last firm numbers I saw (February-ish) they were still in the top 10 theaters on receipts nation wide (typically they're between #3 and #15 depending on the movie) and I didn't notice any other area theaters creeping up the list. Normally their only real competition is the Burbank 30, Orange 30, or Ontario Mills 30 in California and the Empire 25 in New York.

mj2v

I don’t see them dropping much, but they are finally getting competition in the general area.

There is also an Alamo draft house coming and an unannounced theater chain at Daryl Carter.

I can’t wait for Alamo. You talk during a movie, you get walked out.

WhatJaneSays

I was at the theater last night and the back corridor is open thru to the Dine-In side. The theaters in that row are still individually blocked off (15, 16, 17, & 18) but the outside facades have been changed to the more modern style. Those are the ones I guessed my be converted into Dine, but no outward indication on that yet.

The facades and carpet near the two large rear theaters (12 & 13) look like they are about to be removed. Judging how long it's taken them to get this far on the 5 or 6 smaller screens they're working on, about 4 months so far, I have a hard time thinking they're willing to take down both 360 seat theaters at the same time if it's going to be that same length of time. 720 seats are a lot to lose over the summer even if they get the others back up before then.

mj2v

They are not adding the recliners to all of the theaters. The renovations are limited to carpet and some other refurbishment, not a complete redo like the theaters along that aisle.

The other done in theaters will be renovated as well.

The seats have individual tables, like studio movie grill. I don’t believe they are as wide as the Dolby seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom