AMC Theater finally getting a replacement at Downtown Disney

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
Now that Earl of Sandwich and everything else has officially closed, construction walls have gone up.
1643781139066.png

Mac Tonight

TP2000

cant wait, getting rid of that building and reformatting the layout of that area will improve the downtown area a lot imo

True. But considering that for the last four years it's only been a sandwich place and a Starbucks, you could make improvements by just doing some sidewalk chalk drawings and adding a Coke machine.

Downtown Disney's entire western flank had its business model collapse in recent years; Big Box Theme Restaurants and movie theaters are very 1998, but quite sad in 2022. It needed to be bulldozed and completely rebuilt as something new.

Let's just hope a Multi-Cultural Mid Century Modern Stunning Lifestyle Space works here.

TP2000

Sorry but I never thought Earl of Sandwich was worth the price. The sandwiches seemed to be one step above school lunch cafeteria fare.

I'm right there with you. I never understood the frenzied mania for that restaurant or their food.

It was a reasonably good sandwich, don't get me wrong. But it was just a sandwich. With cafeteria grade tomato soup, plus bags of chips, and a serve yourself Coke machine. It was not life-altering fare, although some folks treated it as such.

I will forever be baffled by the adulation for Earl of Sandwich (an admittedly very clever name!). It's a sandwich place. 🤨

TP2000

The AMC/Earl/Starbucks complex has been removed from the map.

View attachment 618956

Looks like the perfect spot for Mid Century Modern Security Screening and an Immersive, Multi-Cultural Stunning Lifestyle Space.

Also known as... theme park security checks next to a strip mall with a lawn.

Anyone want to back off their claim that the white space agey shade structure shown in this official rendering is not the new security screening area to enter Downtown Disney and the theme park security envelope?

Last chance, kids...

FEpXQaGXIAoMrYG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom