Ambulance at Mile 10 of the Half Marathon - Outcome?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
So I walked my first half marathon this year and I'm proud to say I finished in 3:01 (yes, I'm a fast walker). I loved everything about the experience except when I arrived at mile marker 10. I was already struggling mentally to continue when I heard sirens. In my mind, I was hoping it was a DJ making sounds to pump up the crowd but not to be. It was an ambulance. As I got closer, someone was in the grass along World Drive and an EMT was doing chest compressions.

Does anyone know the details of this? Ive been hanuted by the images ever since. Would love some closure to know that person was OK. Thanks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
So I walked my first half marathon this year and I'm proud to say I finished in 3:01 (yes, I'm a fast walker). I loved everything about the experience except when I arrived at mile marker 10. I was already struggling mentally to continue when I heard sirens. In my mind, I was hoping it was a DJ making sounds to pump up the crowd but not to be. It was an ambulance. As I got closer, someone was in the grass along World Drive and an EMT was doing chest compressions.

Does anyone know the details of this? Ive been hanuted by the images ever since. Would love some closure to know that person was OK. Thanks.
First off, congrats on competing. It is such a great thing to get involved in.

Secondly, I heard or have read some scuttle about this. I dont recall seeing an outcome. I respect you wanting closer. That is a horrible thing to witness or experience on all ends.

Erin_Akey

We had to move aside for the ambulance and fire truck to come through and that has had me worried ever since. Glad to hear you heard they are doing better!

Phonedave

Again,

Nothing offical, but this is on the WDW Marathon Facebook Page

Jaime Jernberg Campbell Not sure if anyone that did the 1/2, saw around mile 10 (right before the winding ramp) that a man was down receiving CPR, knew how he was?? I'm hoping and praying that he's okay.

Tuesday at 9:51am · Like · Comment · View Feedback (11)Hide Feedback (11)
Dawn Weddell McKeaver and Sid Busch like this..
Sid Busch Jamiemsaw the same,could not find out other then that he was transported away by ambulence,hope is ok also.
Tuesday at 11:29am · .Andrea Herrmann Heard it was cardiac arrest... multiple emergency vehicles responded quickly....
Tuesday at 11:49am · .Jaime Jernberg Campbell Thanks Andrea..I figured maybe something like that, they did respond very quickly, by the time I had reached the top of the ramp several ambulences were there.
Tuesday at 11:52am · .Dawn Weddell McKeaver I heard about this. I ddin't mean to click that I like this post. I hope he was ok too
Tuesday at 12:53pm · .Sid Busch Could not find anything in online Orlando Sentinal,really hope the runner is ok.
Tuesday at 3:07pm · .Jaime Jernberg Campbell Sid, I looked and googled and found nothing as well..so my conclusion is no news is good news.
Tuesday at 3:35pm · .Tara Whalen Belfi I heard about this so sad...hope they are ok. I also heard someone collapsed right after the finish line for the half. Any news on that?
Tuesday at 4:42pm · .Gordon Hay I ran by shortly after the first ambulance arrived and saw him being worked on. I checked every local news station and found nothing. I'm figuring the same as Jaime that because it hasn't been in the news that it falls into the realm of he must have made it. The news never shys away from reporting an accident or death at Disney. I hope that is the case and he's doing ok.
Tuesday at 6:24pm · .Tina Cantwell My sister (a dr) stopped to help revive him and though we don't know how he fared after the ambulance left, two of the other people on scene were doctors as well - an ER doc and an anesthesiologist - so he had the best help possible. I'm also praying that no news is good news here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom