Amazon order

Figaro928

Original Poster
Has anyone ever sent Diapers, snacks, water bottles to the resorts via amazon? is it worth it or should i just pack the diapers and bring them on the airplane?

LizC

Bump...

Great question!!! I hope someone answers it, I would love to know if this is a worthwhile idea.

jkl2000

Great question - if you don't get a good answer here, maybe post it on one of the forums. I'd like to know too.

docdebbi

i can't say that i have done it. but i bet i will in the future! we have amazon prime so shipping is free, so why not.
we always use one of the grocery delivery services, and also get muffins, snacks, etc. but for small orders, the $12 delivery fee, makes the items expensive.
you have a great idea there, i say go with it
and thanks for the idea!

i have shipped boxes to myself before (in particular, our big bulky halloween costumes for the party). just put your reservation number and date of arrival as part of your address on the amazon ship to information and it will be fine. they hold your box for you at bell services.

momof1princess

The only part that worries me is the way you sometimes get Amazon orders shipped in bits and pieces. As long as it gets there on tine though, I guess it wouldn't matter.

docdebbi

make sure they are all from the same supplier and less chance of that happening. but agreed, as long as they all make it on time, who cares. just make sure you check anticipated delivery dates before clicking that final payment button

dopeylover

I haven't done it w/ Amazon, but I did buy everything and send it ahead via FedEx, and it worked wonderfully! Either way, you have to make sure you have the EXACT address info. for the resort, otherwise your package will go to WDW general mail, and that thing won't show up until you're long gone! I was lucky, I had the exact address, but FedEx already had it on file as well.

MouseDreaming

I usually ship water to myself while there. For whatever reason, I didn't on this trip and wish I had. Just be careful, if you are staying at a convention resort, they will charge you a handling fee at the front desk to pick up your package.

Zman-ks

I ship stuff from Amazon all the time to hotels...both vacation and business.
75.gif

The trick is to make sure its shipped or fullfilled by Amazon....otherwise shipping/handling isn't guarenteed.

Also...once you get your shipping info, call the hotel and they will add a note to your reservation.

LizC

I usually ship water to myself while there. For whatever reason, I didn't on this trip and wish I had. Just be careful, if you are staying at a convention resort, they will charge you a handling fee at the front desk to pick up your package.

What is a convention resort?

Disneykidder

Last summer we actually sent something via amazon to our hotel in Boca Raron, Florida. It was easy and we wish we had sent things from there sooner.
However, depending on how long your vacation is, you may not need that many diapers that come in one box and will essentially be bringing home 3/4 of a large box, anyway. But sending supplies is a great idea, especially if the airline you choose charges for baggage. Plus you know your snacks will arrive uncrushed. We buy everything on Amazon...cereal, sunscreen, etc., It is cheaper and comes in two days.

Just order it two days before your trip and it will meet you there or the resorts in Disney will hold the box for you in Bell Services. Just tell the resort ahead of time. We are definitely doing this for our trip in August!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Convention resorts are the ones that book conventions. This would include CSR, Contemporary, I think I saw Yacht and Beach Club on the list, too. @Master Yoda did I leave any out?

The Grand Floridian has a good amount of convention space as well, but I think that it gets used for weddings more than anything else. The Swan and Dolphin also sport a large convention area as does the Boardwalk.

LizC

Convention resorts are the ones that book conventions. This would include CSR, Contemporary, I think I saw Yacht and Beach Club on the list, too. @Master Yodadid I leave any out?
The Grand Floridian has a good amount of convention space as well, but I think that it gets used for weddings more than anything else. The Swan and Dolphin also sport a large convention area as does the Boardwalk.

Thank you.

I will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Can I expect a fee to pick up packages I send through Amazon prior to my arrival?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank you.

I will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Can I expect a fee to pick up packages I send through Amazon prior to my arrival?

I have never known of one at any of the Disney resorts. Mailing things to resorts is a fairly common thing and I have never heard of a Disney resort charging for it.

MouseDreaming

I have never known of one at any of the Disney resorts. Mailing things to resorts is a fairly common thing and I have never heard of a Disney resort charging for it.
Actually, I had suggested this to a friend staying at CSR, and felt terrible. She had 2 cases of water shipped, and they wanted to charge her a handling fee. I think it was $5 or $6 a box. Luckily, she had many phone conversations with a manager before they got there, and before she shipped it that she would not be charged. She finally found the name of the person she had spoken to about it, and they gave her a just this once. So, @LizC I would suggest you call the resort, find out the policy on it. If they tell you they won't charge you, write down the name of the person who told you that, and keep it with you in case.

slappy magoo

Actually, I had suggested this to a friend staying at CSR, and felt terrible. She had 2 cases of water shipped, and they wanted to charge her a handling fee. I think it was $5 or $6 a box. Luckily, she had many phone conversations with a manager before they got there, and before she shipped it that she would not be charged. She finally found the name of the person she had spoken to about it, and they gave her a just this once. So, @LizC I would suggest you call the resort, find out the policy on it. If they tell you they won't charge you, write down the name of the person who told you that, and keep it with you in case.
I wonder if it has to do with the weight of the package? 2 cases of water can be kind of heavy. I've not stayed at CSR so I don't know if it's possible for them to easily deliver something heavy to your room. Whereas dry goods would likely be easier.

momof1princess

Pretty sure the shipping fee only applies at CSR and is only for non-USPS packages. This is the only resort with a Xerox (non-Disney) business center and they will charge you $5 per box for Fed-Ex and UPS that comes there. If anyone wants a link with more info about CSR I'll find it for you.

LizC

Thank you. I had to call Disney last night to add my Magical Express info and asked about this for the Boardwalk Villas. I was told that they receive MANY packages from Amazon and it is no problem. (I am only looking to send diapers and wipes.) However, I think your advice of calling the hotel directly and getting a name is probably a good idea.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom