Am I the only one who misses Spectro?

Are you sad to that Spectromagic is gone?

• Total voters

wdwfan4ver

I miss it. Nothing against Main Street Electrical Parade, but I always felt Spectro was better including the music. I saw Main Street Electrical Parade on my first trip to WDW in summer of 1991 and first seen Spectromagic in 1992. I thought Main Street Electrical parade is the parade that needs to go because the condition its in.

The way I look at is since Spectro isn't coming back, there needs to be a new parade. The fact is Electrical Parade does have much time left based on what I gathered. There had been rumors of Spectro being used to fix parts of Main Street Electrical parade. That shows the Main Street Electrical Parade isn't in great condition and is over 40 years old.

ImagineerDude

The Electrical Parade should belong in Tomorroland or Epcot IMO. Spectro was THE perfect way to end the night and I often find myself singing the music :) I would LOVE for it to return and send MSEP elsewhere, I wouldn't care if I ever saw it (MSEP) again :/

Sweet Melissa

I love it, and will always enjoy the music. I know some people thought the lighted characters were "creepy", but I enjoyed the show. That said, new parades and nighttime spectaculars are always nice, so I'm down for something new.

Stellajack

Premium Member
I miss the music. The Main Street Electrical Parade is classic and charming, but SpectroMagic has a big symphonic score that blows it away. It would say that it is more suitable for the Magic Kingdom than the electronic music.

Right! The MSEP music gives me a headache! I miss my beloved Spectro (which maybe could return???) with Jiminy Cricket AND I miss Fantasy in the Sky which has gone to that great fireworks spectacular in the sky :D.

wolf359

I'd rather have something new. SpectroMagic was the nighttime parade for almost 20 years. While I liked it, it became less and less of a "must see" and towards the end of its run even just hearing the music blasted throughout the park was more than enough.

Aurora1

I adore Spectro! I get the song stuck in my head all of the time and was really sad the last time I went (Summer 2010) that it was gone. I'm going in February and I'll be happy with Electric Light Parade, but I'm sure I'll be humming Spectro throughout it!

coachwnh

I adore Spectro! I get the song stuck in my head all of the time and was really sad the last time I went (Summer 2010) that it was gone. I'm going in February and I'll be happy with Electric Light Parade, but I'm sure I'll be humming Spectro throughout it!
I bought the cd during our visit last summer. Our kids take turns listening to that and wishes when they go to bed. Loved the music to that parade

Aurora1

I bought the cd during our visit last summer. Our kids take turns listening to that and wishes when they go to bed. Loved the music to that parade

Love the CD- I have a playlist of all my Disney favorites (mostly park music/background music) and I listen to it to gear up for a trip (and the rest of the year too.... ;))

CP_alum08

I loved Spectro. Absolutely cannot stand the electrical parade, we generally go out if our way to NOT watch it. Which is really sad to me because night time parades are such a staple of Disney.

I thought it wasn't a matter of if, but when, Spectro was coming back, no?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
MSEP is terrible, and I'd rather just get a NEW parade, but I wish I'd known that the last time I saw Spectro was gonna be the LAST time I saw Spectro...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom