Am I the only one who is over the old 1994 Spaceship Earth?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
As a big classic Epcot fan I am starting to get over the 94 for the new Spaceship Earth. Even the Naration and the music doesnt bother me. My favorite part of the ride is where the theme music is merging between the space scene and the soft vershion and your just entering the klydescope getting the last look at the Space scene. The stars at the end with that music is pretty cool and I do have to say that the music score is almost organized like a movie. I wish I could say the same thing the frst time I rode Spaceship Earth 4.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oooooookayyyyy.....:lookaroun
What-Ew.gif

mitchk

Yup, SSE is still one of my favorites, in my top 5. It reminds me of my very first trip in 87'. It's still got that old EPCOT feel (and there are not too many of those rides left, now that Living Seas, and Mexico have changed the only rides that come close to EPCOT CENTER attractions are Living with the Land, Norway, and American Adventure, although UOE still kinnda fits). :wave:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Yup, SSE is still one of my favorites, in my top 5. It reminds me of my very first trip in 87'. It's still got that old EPCOT feel (and there are not too many of those rides left, now that Living Seas, and Mexico have changed the only rides that come close to EPCOT CENTER attractions are Living with the Land, Norway, and American Adventure, although UOE still kinnda fits). :wave:

Project Tomorrow really reminds me of a newer updated Earth Station with more features not to mention more fun. And believe it or not the ride is equipped with some pretty advanced technology as I have heard. I still cant figure out how some of the synchronization between the off board audio and the screen.

rkelly42

Not a fan of the current version, even though I am still a big fan of SSE. I wish they would change it back, which will not happen, at least anytime soon.

AEfx

I don't have any special affinity for previous versions, but I would have loved if the newest version had been done by Patrick Stewart as was rumored at one time. That's a SSE I'd love to listen to.

Clamman73

Still though, when you're walking into SSE it's like I'm back there in the mid-80s again even though it's 2011. (which I like very much!)

wolf359

I like the new version of Spaceship Earth and it is still my favorite EPCOT attraction, but I do regret some of the more memorable and evocative elements of the Irons version are no longer there. Specifically the music. The new soundtrack is decent, and repeated listenings have helped me appreciate it more, but it still sounds a little generic at times. Also, on the actual ride it is very subdued, almost to the point of being inaudible in some scenes.

In the Irons version the low key narration gave a little more space for the music to breathe so the narration and music blended together into a greater whole. In the Dench version the narration is so upbeat and assertive it doesn't blend with the music in the same way, and since the new soundtrack is a little more busy itself they'd end up clashing so they just reduced the volume of the music so the narration dominates.

In a perfect world I would have loved to get the new Animatronics, special effects, and show scenes while keeping the Irons narration and music.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The 94 version was no classic. Think 82 or 86. Try listening to the Perrin version. Poor kids of today won't understand half the dialogue!

The current version is such a poor waste of space from 180top down.

TheDisneyMagic

I love every version of the attraction, the plusses made in the first half of the current version are brilliant and I have grown to love the current score in it's own right. As for the second half, it doesn't do too much for me and more and the script is my least favorite.

DizneyPryncess

I have no issues with any of the SSE versions - it's my favorite ride at Epcot & one of my favorite rides in WDW. I miss a lot of things about Epcot past - but SSE is fine with me.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
If I could bring back anything in Spaceship Earth it would be the city and the music that went with it. I also miss now the ride ended with the music fading out and the wind sound effect as your looking at the Spaceship Earth model. I just dont see why they got rid of all the old scenery and made it all dark. For a resort that like's to be cheap with the Epcot attractions I am surprised they didnt just leave the ending scenery alone and cut power to the half broken lighting effects. Just imagine how much work it must have been to remove all that stuff and get it down that steap narrow incline. Then they went out of their way to make those triangles LOL. That city would have fit in with the new ending.

graphite1326

SSE is one of my favorite rides. I was ready for a change and like the new version just fine. With one exception; the newspaper boy needes to be turned around.

CountryBearFan

The current version of SSE is just fine as it is and does not deserve the flack that it gets from some fans.

It had to change anyway.

Irons is not coming back--that's a reality that some really need to get used to.

muse1983

I enjoyed the old SE but also really enjoy the new one. The new one really doesn't deserve half the negative comments it seems to always receive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom