Pre-Trip Am I Crazy? Don't Answer That... Jan 2018

Ba dum cha! Guess who's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :)

29E1B52C-CCFC-43A2-83CE-526B6E209FE4_zpsx5nq6lh3.jpg

For those who don't know me, I am Nicole. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so, I feel like the above photo is as best of a description of myself as I can give. I am known to my fiance, my family, my friends, and coworkers as "the girl who's obsessed with Disney." And let me tell you, they ain't lying!

My last trip to Disney was in November, I went with my husband to be, and our wedding is in June 2018. One would think with wedding planning and saving, there could possibly be no time for a Disney trip!

BB31C9F1-C5F9-429C-BA06-5FC728A2AEC8_zps27dtkesp.jpg

A290FD12-60F1-44A5-B236-391F45950441_zps8jereoni.jpg

But what's a girl to do?? Pandora opened, Happily Ever After debuted, and FREAKING RIVERS OF LIGHT is functioning. I dedicated wayyyyyyyyyy too much of my time harassing imagineers (sorry David Miller), stalking social media accounts, and befriending cast members to find out information on this nighttime spectacular. I may even be dubbed "the Rivers of Light stalker" but that's all in the past! I am better now...I promise!! Muhahaha!

44DF0290-B6E6-4A1F-A2CB-20EA36F74D6E_zpszoy5dcjp.jpg

C194309A-2E12-4D96-AC44-7CE4708F1A5A_zpsiygqpxe6.jpg

Thankfully, my best friend is equally obsessed with the World as I am. You may remember her from past trip reports! (shameless plug)

49378180013_zpsdf1d0cd0.jpg

We went for 10 days in July 2013. I've never laughed so much in my life. I think I had six pack abs after this vacation from the constant giggling!
JULY 2013 REPORT

We had so much fun we did it again in August 2014... and we added a cruise to the mix! Disney Dream was A-MAZZZZZZZZ-ING. I will cruise with Disney again, you mark my words! ;)
AUGUST 2014 REPORT

imagejpg22_zps29d30c27.jpg

IMG_2999_zps61baf26c.jpg

I may have planted the Disney seed awhile ago in her ear... and now (tonight) we've come to book our third Disney trip together. It's official. I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :)

BDA94BA8-32CE-432C-B38F-AE38212B1EFA_zpsi46e4vvb.jpg

We are going to Disney Friday, January 19th to Tuesday, January 23rd. The trip will be short and sweet, and totally spontaneous. NO ADRs? WHO AM I?! :eek::eek:

We were originally trying for President's Day weekend, but flights and rooms were just sooooo expensive. After what seemed like a trip no-go, my friend was able to take a long weekend and my manager agreed to the time off as well. WHO GOES TO DISNEY IN JANUARY?! UM HERE WE COME!! :p

I have no idea what to expect weather wise, or crowd wise.. and I am just hoping there is not a massive snowstorm in NJ that week! You stay away snow! I must get to the World!!!

2EB930B7-5A5F-4834-99B3-3ACE88D6CEC7_zps27ik5xg3.jpg

25574D22-A1F2-40F4-9D86-86A8D8E60070_zpsmajnk7z3.jpg

837CAB55-8CD7-4D6E-B0F7-4646C1BC95FF_zpsttkqyoco.jpg

We are staying at All Star Music. We will fly in Friday night and have 3 full parks days and one 1/2 park day when we fly out Tuesday night. We decided against Park Hopper, just because we plan to stay at one park all day long, and the parks close EARLY. Like 8 PM. :jawdrop:

2BEC0DDB-1603-44AC-91D0-9C1D0E5D4A2C_zpsilmztjsj.jpg

8F6264F1-C44E-4944-B6B3-2F278A8D626F_zps7l8el37i.jpg

We requested to stay in the Jazz section, because Calypso is all preferred rooms, and the Cast Member on the phone laughed at us. She said most people don't want to stay in jazz. LOL! Hopefully our wish is granted! :p We want to be close to the food and bus stops! Priorities people! :)

So far here's our plans...

Saturday Jan 20th.. Magic Kingdom. We may have broken our no ADR rule and booked Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. :oops::oops::oops: The park opens at 9 and there was an available reservation for 8:05 AM and we just couldn't resist! I want to be in the park before everyone! (Is this selfish? I mean it's my castle isn't it) We are going to do quick serves the rest of the trip, so why not start off with a bang! :) We'll stay until the 8 PM close and maybe head to Disney Springs? Or to bed, either is possible!

4BEA3D0E-CF98-4734-B09B-56F140EE307A_zpsar52gpo1.jpg

I'm super scared to see Happily Ever After, but everyone on here seems to like it, so I'm going in with an open mind!

CB5CAE0C-5441-4E81-9766-74263C79EF36_zpst2acua5b.jpg

Sunday Jan 21st.. Epcot. This park is open 9-9. Saw there is the Festival of the Arts occurring while we are there. I know nothing about this festival and feel like a total Disney newbie for not knowing a thing! Must research!!! I have no clue what to expect!!

C2893EFA-369B-44F6-8668-753636EAEE00_zpskgxvoixk.jpg

Monday Jan 22... ANIMAL KINGDOM. :inlove::inlove::inlove: MY ONE TRUE LOVE. THE PARK TO END ALL PARKS. THE REASON I BREATHE. Okay, okay, ya'll should know my love for AK. And this is prior to Pandora and ROL. I cannot wait to see Rivers of Light. I may die. I'm not even kidding. Dead. Throw my body on a float and let me rest in peace in my own personal heaven.

5DBF68B3-7C00-43AE-8C15-D2C0C099A2F5_zpslulfqvqn.jpg

AK is open with Extra Magic Hours from 8-8 so we are planning to spend our full day there. I'm thinking of doing lunch or dinner at Satu'li Canteen. Guess I better try and watch Avatar again. Fall asleep every time.. don't tell James Cameron! :p

Tuesday Jan 23rd.. not sure. HOW CAN THIS BE?? Do we do Hollywood Studios? It seems so under construction that I think I'd be OK skipping it this trip. But can we fly all the way to Florida and not go on the Tower of Terror? Is this against Disney obsessed guest policy? Will I be banned from these forums?! :p We think we will just wing this day. Our flight isn't until 7:30 PM so we'd at least have a good few hours in whichever park we chose.

So there ya have it! This girl is going to Disney!!!! Any tips, comments, advice would all be greatly appreciated!

"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust and you can get your way and go to Disney." I may have edited that quote just a little.

:inlove:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I just read that Festival of the Arts will be going on every day this year instead of just the weekend. I am hoping they will release more info soon.
And how fun that @Doc Disney will also be there at the same time!

I saw that too!! I can’t believe we’ll see the brand new festival! And @Doc Disney !! :)

Yay another @prfctlyximprct trip report!! I love your reports, they crack me up! I've been reading them since your first duo trio with your friend! I'll be impatiently patiently waiting! ;)

Will there be a Disneymoon next year after the wedding?? :inlove:
Thank you I am blushing!!! Our third trip together let’s hope we make it out alive!! Lol

And no disneymoon :( we are doing Hawaii. We originally wanted to do Disney and then a Caribbean island but then Joe convinced me we’d probably never get another chance to go to Hawaii. The flight from Newark is 10 hours.. and that doesn’t seem doable if we have kids.. but Disney is only 2... joe promised me MUTIPLE disney vacations in my future ;)

TiggerDad

I saw that too!! I can’t believe we’ll see the brand new festival! And @Doc Disney !! :)

Thank you I am blushing!!! Our third trip together let’s hope we make it out alive!! Lol

And no disneymoon :( we are doing Hawaii. We originally wanted to do Disney and then a Caribbean island but then Joe convinced me we’d probably never get another chance to go to Hawaii. The flight from Newark is 10 hours.. and that doesn’t seem doable if we have kids.. but Disney is only 2... joe promised me MUTIPLE disney vacations in my future ;)
It's a long flight from East Coast to Hawaii. You should stop in LA to break up the flight - and swing by DL ;)

need2go2wdw

Multiple Disney vacations in the future sounds like a fair compromise!! ;):D

That long flight to Hawaii does sound daunting! I understand not wanting to do it with kids! We live in Michigan so it's about the same for us to get there. We are planning on going to Hawaii for our 20th wedding anniversary in 3 years, but we have 2 kids, currently ages 9 and 1! Soooo, it might be an interesting flight!!!

Oh and depending on what island you guys stay on or visit, you can always go check out Aulani and maybe shop or have a dinner to get that little Disney fix! :inlove:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Congrats and Happy Birthday
Thank you! It’s this Sunday! Can’t believe it’s been a whole year since my last disney trip! Guess celebrating on Broadway is almosttttttttt as good as disney world ;)

Awesome! Happy Birthday!!!

My kids and I saw Aladdin last spring and it was beautiful! The Genie was hilarious and OMG. The Magic Carpet. You'll LOVE it!

Also,
View attachment 240305
This was my birthday gift. We are lucky ladies!

I saw Lion King about two years ago with Joe and we absolutely loved it!!! I think it swayed him to go back to Broadway one day! :p I am super excited to see Aladdin.. I have heard such wonderful things! I’m upset The Little Mermaid was so short lived on Broadway.. I never got a chance to see it! Thank you for making me even more excited!! :) :) we are lucky!!!

I saw Aladdin 2 years ago on broadway and it was amazing. The genie was everything. Your going to love it.

I can’t wait!!!! I love the movie, and am trying to convince joe to do a whole new world as it Wedding song. LOL! Maybe this can be the final straw to push him over to my side! Cannot wait to be viewing the show!! And the music ahhhh!!

It's a long flight from East Coast to Hawaii. You should stop in LA to break up the flight - and swing by DL ;)

I like the way you think! Lol!!

It looks like a great show. My daughter and I are going to see it in June when it comes to Cincinnati!
Super jealous that you and @Doc Disney will both be at WDW at the same time again!

Small world that we’ll be traveling the same time ;) and it does look like a great show! I’ll let you know how much I love it to get you pumped for June!

Wow! Talk about a wonderful birthday present!! :jawdrop: ENJOY! :happy:

Thank you! I planted the seed a few months ago... surprised her remembered! ;)

Multiple Disney vacations in the future sounds like a fair compromise!! ;):D

That long flight to Hawaii does sound daunting! I understand not wanting to do it with kids! We live in Michigan so it's about the same for us to get there. We are planning on going to Hawaii for our 20th wedding anniversary in 3 years, but we have 2 kids, currently ages 9 and 1! Soooo, it might be an interesting flight!!!

Oh and depending on what island you guys stay on or visit, you can always go check out Aulani and maybe shop or have a dinner to get that little Disney fix! :inlove:

Interesting flights make for the best flights though! Sounds like a wonderful anniversary trip! Congrats on 20 years!! Hope that’s joe and I one day! I told joe for our 50th we can do a Disney world tour and visit every Disney Park in the world. Hope he doesn’t runaway at the alter ;)

We are planning on doing three islands.. I asked the travel agent how much aulani was and she said it’s super expensive! I want to try and squeeze a night in there but don’t know if it’ll be possible! Gonna start playing the lottery :p

Second Star to the Right

83B78AEC-EF4F-415C-AB1A-5BAF4D0EAFC7_zpsny9f4wec.png

LOOK WHAT JOE GOT ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!! :) :)

Excellent bday gift!! And it really IS a small world after all, because my fiancé and a few friends are going to be at a Harry Potter themed show off Broadway this Saturday as well! Maybe we will cross paths! Have an awesome time, my friends went a couple of years ago and they loved it! Also, happy birthday!!! :)

Longers

Happy birthday Nicole, I hope you had an amazing time last night at Aladdin.

I am in Disney right now and can’t believe it’s a year since we met seems like ages ago but at the same time only yesterday! You Have already been Mentioned once and I am sure you will be many times more during our trip.

Have a fab day and time in NY - what a fab present from Joe - his a keeper!

Have fun.

kaitertot5249

Your last TR was so entertaining, I can't wait for this one!

I've been to WDW in both January and February and the weather and crowds have been great! It can get a little chilly in the mornings and evenings but jeans and sweatshirts are fine! I actually like the cooler weather in the parks because I don't turn into a sweaty mess. And, being from MA, an escape from the Northeast winter is always welcome in my book! The shorter park hours that come with the smaller crowds are a blessing in disguise. Since the crowds aren't crazy you can do so much more in less time without having to run around like a crazy person :hilarious: And, because the parks close earlier, you can grab a drink when you leave the park (hello detour to Trader Sam's after MK closes) still get to sleep at a normal hour without a park calling your name. It's awesome.

There is a VERY small chance that I could have the opportunity to go down for a few days at the beginning of January 2018 as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out. I just need some of your pixie dust to make its way to Boston!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Excellent bday gift!! And it really IS a small world after all, because my fiancé and a few friends are going to be at a Harry Potter themed show off Broadway this Saturday as well! Maybe we will cross paths! Have an awesome time, my friends went a couple of years ago and they loved it! Also, happy birthday!!! :)

THANK YOU!! :) hope you enjoyed your Harry Potter show!!! I was looking out for people I could know but NYC was packed!!! I stoped at the Disney store and looked for rose gold ears to no avail :( Aladdin was amazing!!! The genie stole the show. I told Joe we’re seeing Frozen on broadway next... even he is a Broadway fan after Lion King and Aladdin!! Thank you again :)

So jealous!! I was going to take Daniel to see The Lion King & I purchased tickets, but now plans changed and we're going to Texas to visit his family instead :hilarious:

Well Texas sounds fun!!!! Hope you get to see the Lion King one day, it’s an amazing show!

Happy birthday Nicole, I hope you had an amazing time last night at Aladdin.

I am in Disney right now and can’t believe it’s a year since we met seems like ages ago but at the same time only yesterday! You Have already been Mentioned once and I am sure you will be many times more during our trip.

Have a fab day and time in NY - what a fab present from Joe - his a keeper!

Have fun.

Thank you!!!!! I hope you are having a fabulous trip!!! Aladdin was sooooo amazing, I’m still mentally replaying songs and performances in my head. :)

I cannot believe it was a year ago we met! Joe and I were sitting at a bar in NYC drinking Strongbow Ciders and reminiscing our drinks at Rose and Crown before we met you and @Doc Disney :) Everytime i drink a Strownbow it will take me back to that moment! Wish I was there to tag along, can’t believe I’m going in January! I look forward to all your ice cream photos ;)

Your last TR was so entertaining, I can't wait for this one!

I've been to WDW in both January and February and the weather and crowds have been great! It can get a little chilly in the mornings and evenings but jeans and sweatshirts are fine! I actually like the cooler weather in the parks because I don't turn into a sweaty mess. And, being from MA, an escape from the Northeast winter is always welcome in my book! The shorter park hours that come with the smaller crowds are a blessing in disguise. Since the crowds aren't crazy you can do so much more in less time without having to run around like a crazy person :hilarious: And, because the parks close earlier, you can grab a drink when you leave the park (hello detour to Trader Sam's after MK closes) still get to sleep at a normal hour without a park calling your name. It's awesome.

There is a VERY small chance that I could have the opportunity to go down for a few days at the beginning of January 2018 as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out. I just need some of your pixie dust to make its way to Boston!

I hope you get to visit in January! You made it seem like a dream time to visit! I am so excited, usually I’m fighting summer crowds, or Jersey week crowds, so I’m hoping it’s at least a little less hectic than that!

The past couple years the weather hasn’t been tooo bad in Jersey and Philly where I live now, praying the snow stays away until my flight leaves at least! It will be such a welcome change to escape to Florida!

And I will definitely be remembering your tip to hit up a trader Sams after park close! Thank you for all the information!!! Will be throwing pixie dust your way that you get a trip on January too!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom