Am I Alone... WDW Food is BAD

eliza61nyc

If that's the case, then don't charge exorbitant prices for every meal. Disney is suppose to be the gold standard. If they decide to sacrifice quality for quantity, then price it as such.
sorry I totally disagree. Disney is a vacation destination. gold standard of what? theme parks? yes and theme parks of themselves are not places that one equates with superior dining.

they charge exorbitant prices because y.u are paying for more than the food. do you are paying for the convenience, the characters and the atmosphere along with the meal

this insanity that a theme park is going to have 5 star michelin "La coq vin" style restaurants just because it's Disney is ridiculous AND they never did. or let me at least say since 1999 when I first started going. If that is the food you want then book V&A every night.

Next where do you folks go where the food is so dirt cheap (on vacation)?? I really want to know. I'm looking at the pecos bill menu. a 1/4 bacon lburger with fries is 13 bucks. humm I live in Philly a mcdonald big mac and fries with soda is 13 bucks. so what pecos bill is 4 bucks more??

If you go down by the liberty bell, constitution center etc lunch for a family of 4 is going to run you 60 bucks easy.

Last edited:

HansGruber

sorry I totally disagree. Disney is a vacation destination. gold standard of what? theme parks? yes and theme parks of themselves are not places that one equates with superior dining.

they charge exorbitant prices because y.u are paying for more than the food. do you are paying for the convenience, the characters and the atmosphere along with the meal

this insanity that a theme park is going to have 5 star michelin "La coq vin" style restaurants just because it's Disney is ridiculous AND they never did. or let me at least say since 1999 when I first started going. If that is the food you want then book V&A every night.

Next where do you folks go where the food is so dirt cheap (on vacation)?? I really want to know. I'm looking at the pecos bill menu. a 1/4 bacon lburger with fries is 13 bucks. humm I live in Philly a mcdonald big mac and fries with soda is 13 bucks. so what pecos bill is 4 bucks more??

If you go down by the liberty bell, constitution center etc lunch for a family of 4 is going to run you 60 bucks easy.
They charge exorbitant prices because THEY CAN! And because people will pay for it! Convenience, characters, atmosphere? That's all nonsense. People on vacation (or away from) home are significantly more likely to spent frivolously. Disney is simply attempting to capitalize on that fact.

I went an to MLB game this year and spent $13 on a cheeseburger....and it was one of the best freaking cheeseburgers I ever had! That's the sort of thing I'm expecting from Disney which is the creme de la creme of vacation destinations. It's not a very hard concept.

Disstevefan1

I’ve eaten almost everywhere... from the worst quick service to the “best” of the more high end restaurants.

I’m also the planning type so I’m not a rookie... I always pulled ADR’s at the 180 mark.

I guess I’m lucky because I live in a major American city with amazing food and a number of smaller cities in neighboring areas that have prosperous food scenes.

We need to know your top 5 best sit downs at WDW
We need to know your top counter service locations (if any) as WDW
And of course we need to know your top 5 worst sit downs at WDW

Hockey89

They charge exorbitant prices because THEY CAN! And because people will pay for it! Convenience, characters, atmosphere? That's all nonsense. People on vacation (or away from) home are significantly more likely to spent frivolously. Disney is simply attempting to capitalize on that fact.

I went an to MLB game this year and spent $13 on a cheeseburger....and it was one of the best freaking cheeseburgers I ever had! That's the sort of thing I'm expecting from Disney which is the creme de la creme of vacation destinations. It's not a very hard concept.
So correct....

Hockey89

[/QUOTE]
The food at sig places is probably the most overpriced for value anywhere. You can live in a dream world which you seem to but that’s a fact. They can get away with it bc people are still going to eat there bc they are in the bubble. Please go back to saying they are not competing vs places in NYC bc that was insightful and added to the dialogue.

Last edited by a moderator:

eliza61nyc

The food at sig places is probably the most overpriced for value anywhere. You can live in a dream world which you seem to but that’s a fact. They can get away with it bc people are still going to eat there bc they are in the bubble. As condescending and smart as you think you are, you whole post is wrong. Please go back to saying they are not competing vs places in NYC bc that was insightful and added to the dialogue.
I'm not trying to be condescending, I just have never ever understood this philosophy that Disney does not operate under normal circumstances.
I seriously just don't get it.

People are eating and daresay enjoying their meal
Ok so let me apologise and just leave it at this.

1) I never expect places like this to have 5 star food and it being "Disney" does not change anything.

2). Like any other place, there are bad, good and better restaurants. Again just because a place is Disney does not mean this stops being true.

3) so Op, you might not be alone but you are also not universal. There are many many good places to eat at the world but the reality is everything is subjective. If you go in expecting burgers worthy of rave reviews you will be disappointed

Last edited:

HansGruber

I'm not a food connoisseur, I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to stuffing my face. Dining at some of the "high-end" Disney restaurants, I couldn't recognize half of the ingredients on the menu. So, lets stop pretending that Disney isn't attempting to be in the high-end restaurant space at certain locations; they clearly are.

I mean, they serve "flat bread" at the resorts. Up here, we call that PIZZA! I know it doesn't sound as fancy, but that's what we call it.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I'm not a food connoisseur, I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to stuffing my face. Dining at some of the "high-end" Disney restaurants, I couldn't recognize half of the ingredients on the menu. So, lets stop pretending that Disney isn't attempting to be in the high-end restaurant space at certain locations; they clearly are.

I mean, they serve "flat bread" at the resorts. Up here, we call that PIZZA! I know it doesn't sound as fancy, but that's what we call it.

Disney has ONE truly high end eatery. Let's not overdo it.

OneofThree

DDP and the popularity of the "foodie" (I hate that word) culture, has created restaurants that are packed to capacity day in and day out.

Foodie n. slang. Murikan for, I like to eat, so I'm an authority.

I'll also echo @Hockey89 's sentiment that "signature" dining is a misnomer and total sham, for the most part. There are some exceptions IMO, as with everything. We've been pretty satisfied with Flying Fish for the past 2 years now, and thought Jiko 2 nights ago was very, very good, in regard to both quality and service. Can you get better meals off property for $100/person? Easily. But I do recognize and accept the premium which comes with proximity.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

We need to know your top 5 best sit downs at WDW
We need to know your top counter service locations (if any) as WDW
And of course we need to know your top 5 worst sit downs at WDW
or anything/anywhere with merit.......

A couple of places that we find very good are Tutto Italia and Yak & Yeti

KaliSplash

Generally speaking, I find the food good at WDW. There are better places, of course. Theme park burgers are theme park burgers and there's virtually no difference from one park to the next. Ditto the pizza. But I have had some good meals at WDW. Not sure I've ever said that's the best xxxx I've ever had, but I've had good meals. Chef de France is usually very good, as is Le Cellier. Tried Hollywood Brown Derby this month and was pleased. Have also been pleased with Tiffin's. Will be trying V&A next year. But then, I also like Liberty Tree, Whispering Canyon, Grand Floridian Cafe and a number of other places. But there is no question that Mickey operates as though he has a captive audience, which in effect, he does.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes if you eat at places like Casey’s, Backlot Express, and Pizzafari you will be unimpressed. Now if you eat at places like Le Celier, Boathouse, or California grill you will not be disappointed. You get what you pay for at Disney.
I agree with everything except you ignoring that le cellier is the most overhyped, overpriced restaurant in the history of wdw

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom