Alot Missed At Epcot??

jborda87

Original Poster
I have been to Epcot twice already and have misses many things that I hope to see on my third trip. I have skipped over or just overlooked the Ice Cool Station, The American Adventure, the Malestrom, and Journey Into Your Imagination. Do alot of people miss things at Epcot also or is it just me? I think there is just so much there to see and do that many things are overlooked.

raven

No, just you. :D

j/k. If you want to see EVERYTHING at Epcot, plan on 2 days. That will give you time to see everything and spend time actually seeing them and not worry about having to run to the next area.

FigmentJedi

JIIWF is incredibly overlooked. I only met 3 people who went on the ride and that was the family that was riding in front of us when we were on it. All others that I met I encouraged to go on it. Damn you Imagination Institute! You ruined the ride's reputation with your crappy tour!:fork:

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by jborda87
I have been to Epcot twice already and have misses many things that I hope to see on my third trip. I have skipped over or just overlooked the Ice Cool Station, The American Adventure, the Malestrom, and Journey Into Your Imagination. Do alot of people miss things at Epcot also or is it just me? I think there is just so much there to see and do that many things are overlooked.

Of that list, the following are not to be missed:

American Adventure, Malestrom.

If you go on a Thursday, EPCOT is far less crowded, historically. We did the entire park in 3/4 of a day - however, we skipped the walk-thru-only countries, and the movies - bleh!

cloudboy

Do the countries walk-through at night. There is an art to it - there are no rides so if that is what you are looking for forget it. The trick is just to wander about and don't focus on the countries themselves - almost like a giant mall (seriously). Stop into the gift shops, realize how over priced they are for merchandise you cn find at Pier 1 and laugh about it. Try out some of the smaller food area, such as the Pattiserie in France, if you are old enough to drink get some warm Saki in Japan. World Showcase is more for exploring than going on rides.

But definitely do go on Malestrom.

wannabeBelle

Hi there all, Probably one of the best attractions in World Showcase is Off Kilter. They play Sunday through Thursday by the Canada Pavilion. They are such awesome showmen and great musicians. I have the video camera ready for the next time I go to see them, which will be this weekend!!! Definitely well worth the time of a show. I also had quite a bit of fun dancing in the Mexico Pavilion with the band in there that sings some music by Selena!! The lead singer is a young lady who wears a cowboy hat and has long hair. Hope this helps!! Belle

madalex

I love World Showcase - it is my favorite part of any park at WDW.

That being said, I have never understood the popularity of Malestrom. Don't get me wrong - I like going on the ride, but I just don't understand how it became this destination, Fast Pass designated ride. Oh, well, to each his or her own!

On the other hand, I enjoy the movies at the countries - saw the France movie for the first time on our last trip and it was great fun. It takes less than 20 minutes, there's no line (if you time the arrival correctly) and I learned and saw new things. What's not to like?

I also really like wandering around the pavillions. I know it's all fake (obviously), but it is fun to find new nooks and crannies, new stores, new details to some of these places even after dozens of trips to World Showcase.

grandmath

Maelstrom would be really great if it was twice as long. Now, it just feels rushed. Too bad cause it has a great mood and the sets and AA are awesome (the white bear!)

And I also think the films are a good way to relax or to spend time when it is raining. The first time you can also enjoy beautiful vistas and learn a few interesting things, so it must be done at least once in my opinion. Especially France, where you can SIT DOWN!! :snore:

77johnson77

We usually almost miss stuff but, I always go back until everything is done, and that coke thing it takes 0 time , and its interesting, and a good spot to cool down

Zipadeedoodah

Maelstrom is awesome! It's a great example of a quality AA ride at WDW! How can anyone not love this ride....the blast of cool air that hits you when you come down that first mini drop into Norway's stormy seas..makes you really feel like you are there...LOVE IT!....Going to ride it tomorrow! :sohappy:

BG Rugger

Definately take advantage of Ice Station Cool. At the end you can sample different types of Coke products from around the world. Some are really funky but if you get the Mezzo Mix from Germany it tastes almost exactly like our Coke. Whats better is that theres no limit on how much you can sample, its all free. So if you dont want to pay for a drink at a concession stand just go here. My family and I do it all the time:)

Re: Re: Alot Missed At Epcot??

Originally posted by edwardtc
however, we skipped the walk-thru-only countries, and the movies - bleh!

I wish I would have been warned about those movies....O Canada!!!! Talk about boring and punishing. Heck, my wife threatened to divorce me if I put her through that again!!!:lol: Just kidding, but we really didn't like those movies though. I feel bad...we suffered through the movies, but didn't even get to do Maelstrom!!! Go figure!

Kwit35

Originally posted by Zipadeedoodah
Maelstrom is awesome! It's a great example of a quality AA ride at WDW! How can anyone not love this ride....the blast of cool air that hits you when you come down that first mini drop into Norway's stormy seas..makes you really feel like you are there...LOVE IT!....Going to ride it tomorrow! :sohappy:
THAT'S IT!!! That is what is so great about The Maelstrom. You really feel like you are there. In fact, I feel that way through out the World Showcase. The Maelstrom is a "must ride". Don't miss it!:animwink:

Dwarful

Well, we have seen the films in trips BC (Before children) but the films w/o seats, the mere thought of standing, holding a 30lbs toddler and holding the hand of her 45 lb big sister, uh,no thanks. Maybe when they are older. Now, the American Adventure, our youngest loved that! I do love roaming through France, Germany (we always eat there at least once per trip), & UK (never know what new goodie I might find that I cant live w/o, good thing they don't sell Wallace & Grommit things or we'd go home completely broke). I also agree w/ the previous post about Off Kilter.

barnum42

Originally posted by cloudboy
Definitely do Ice Station Cool. Look for something called Beverly. Just be prepared (you have been warned)...

You gotta do it. Just have a cup of something else on standby!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom