Allstar Movies or Music

My husband and I are trying to plan our September disney trip and just found out that Pop is not available. I have only stayed in Movies once and that was like 9 years ago. Can anyone tell me which is better? Or which they prefer?

mickeymatt

I have stayed at music but not movies. I will tell you that music has fun activities by the pool side (for kids) and they show a movie every night at the pool. That is a nice little extra.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

If you have kids, I'd say to stay at Movies. If you don't, stay at Music. We've stayed at Music twice and Movies once. There seemed to be more kids at Movies. I personally liked Music better.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Music! The rooms have recently been rehabbed, it is quieter than Movies, and you are ahead of Movies for the bus.

That said, I would pick Sports over Music and Movies. :wave:

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Why is the bus thing so big of deal.

Most of the time in the busy seasons, they have their own buses and don't share (or didn't use to - maybe that's been cut back too).

Music is less noisy than Movies and more of an adult theme as long as it isn't cheer season filled with groups, but they are at Movies as well.

Music has been refurbished recently. Movies hasn't. Sports just turned 15.

Upvote 0

Tink313

I have stayed at music but not movies. I will tell you that music has fun activities by the pool side (for kids) and they show a movie every night at the pool. That is a nice little extra.

That is so true I totally forgot about that. I glad I picked music this year. The pool parties are the best for the kids

Upvote 0

lolitaray

i love the music have stayed quiet a few times. the movies loos nice too have never stayed there but i would say either place you pick will be great!

Upvote 0

look1angel

Only stayed at Movies back in 2007. The decor was nice & colorful. I normally would have stayed at Music in the past since I was a band parent, but all my kids are grown now. The pool at Music seems pretty cool though.

Upvote 0

fosse76

To me, most of the Values are the same (oversized tacky themeing)...so my choice is based on familiarty and convenience. I mostly stay at the Pop Century since almost everyone thinks its the best of the Values. However, in March I stayed at All Star Movies. Yes the room was smaller and it often shares a bus, but my room was closer to the All Star Music bus stop than even a room at the All Star Music. Since I seemed to always travel at the peak time, the resorts weren't sharing and I never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. That might have been good timing on my part though. So if I had to stay at an All Star resort again, I would choose Movies and request the Mighty Ducks Building...it took maybe two-three minutes to walk to the All Star Music Busses.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

To me, most of the Values are the same (oversized tacky themeing)...so my choice is based on familiarty and convenience. I mostly stay at the Pop Century since almost everyone thinks its the best of the Values. However, in March I stayed at All Star Movies. Yes the room was smaller and it often shares a bus, but my room was closer to the All Star Music bus stop than even a room at the All Star Music. Since I seemed to always travel at the peak time, the resorts weren't sharing and I never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. That might have been good timing on my part though. So if I had to stay at an All Star resort again, I would choose Movies and request the Mighty Ducks Building...it took maybe two-three minutes to walk to the All Star Music Busses.

All of the value resorts are the same square footage - 260 sq. ft

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I would pick ASmu, the grounds are wonderful, lots of mature foliage to cut down the noise level. We stayed there for the first time in March and it was wonderful. The food court has some great dinners. We stayed in one of the suites and it was fabulous. We used the buses to the parks even though we drove down and we only had to share the buses one (1) time and that was in the middle of the day. During the evening there were individual buses for each of the AS resorts. It was quite relaxing. We usually stay at Pop but it wasn't available and I'm very please now to say that we will probably go to the ASmu again, it will be a hard decision to make on which one to stay at. No matter which resort you choose, you're still going to be at WDW:sohappy:

Upvote 0

javs4evas1298

Original Poster
I would pick ASmu, the grounds are wonderful, lots of mature foliage to cut down the noise level. We stayed there for the first time in March and it was wonderful. The food court has some great dinners. We stayed in one of the suites and it was fabulous. We used the buses to the parks even though we drove down and we only had to share the buses one (1) time and that was in the middle of the day. During the evening there were individual buses for each of the AS resorts. It was quite relaxing. We usually stay at Pop but it wasn't available and I'm very please now to say that we will probably go to the ASmu again, it will be a hard decision to make on which one to stay at. No matter which resort you choose, you're still going to be at WDW:sohappy:

We originally wanted to stay at Pop was it was not available.....until last night. I really wanted Pop and was hoping it would become available and when I checked last night it was. I was so excited so I called and switched resorts. I just wanted to let you know in case you really had your heart set on Pop. Keep on looking and maybe you will get lucky like we did. We did have to pay more because all they had was a preferred room which was fine with us. And the CM told me we would be there for MNSSHP and I am sooooooooooo excited.

Upvote 0

drossjr

i hate all the value resorts, would never stay in them again. I stayed at
Sports once and found the cast members to be some of the rudest people i have met and the food court was always dirty. One cast member actually verbally assaulted my gf because we are red sox fans and the cm she was a yankees fan. we are fine with ribbing the other teams fans and its a given between between the two teams but the things this cm said were unreal especially since we were the guests

The resort itself felt like a Super 8 motel created by someone on drugs!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I think that you are going to love Music, while Movies is nice, I have to say that the rooms are much nicer and the entertainment that they do around the pool is so much fun for the kids! Enjoy!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom