"All-You-Can-Eat" offer?

kimmychad

Yay for baseless Universal bashing!

sorry if you like it there, just seems like they have an anything for a buck attitude. whether it be the credit card solicitors harassing people (I know they're gone now), the various sepcial interest groups inside the park harassing you (we were approached about a timeshare while trying to figure out where we were), or their "service charge" at the spiderman breakfast which they don't tell you about till after you get the bill. the only thing I seen when we went to universal was a greedy company.

kimmychad

I personally frown upon smoking, too. It's a drain on our healthcare system, just like obesity, and inevitably is one reason premiums continue to rise. I don't think it's discriminatory to feel this way, either. For most overweight people or smokers, it was a choice they made and something they can control (I realize some morbidly obese people actually have a disease which makes it sometimes impossible to lose weight), and everyone is free to judge others based on choices they make. I say this b/c I used to weigh 240 lbs., made a choice that I no longer wanted to live like that, and lost 70 lbs 5 years ago...and have kept it off. So I don't really think it's classless to frown upon an individual who weighs 300 lbs and is eating two combos at a Disney CS restaurant. I don't feel sorry for them, though. They made a choice and I don't think they want anyone to feel sorry for them. I, however, do think their behaviors (stuffing their faces with tons of food or smoking) are disgusting. And it's my right to feel that way. I also think murderers and rapists are disgusting people.

Back on topic, I can see the appeal of this option for some guests, and at the end of the day, I think it would generate profits for Disney, so why not try it? It is almost sick how it could be set up, though--lines at CS locations are long and the only people who would really benefit from this option are people who would want 2 or 3 plates of food at a single meal...meaning they would have to stand in those long lines 2-3 times in a short time period. I don't know many 300 lb. people who would want to stand in line that much...and that could be Disney's best deterring factor to people cheating the system and feeding their entire family: only have this valid at the most popular CS locations where it's not very practical to stand in line 6 times in a row to feed your whole family. You'd be at Pecos Bill's for about 3 hours!

yes kyle, it's your right to feel however you want. and yes I agree that smoking and obesity is a drain on our healthcare system, just like drinking, eating fastfood, and a myriad of other choices.
and I've seen skinny people with absolutely no table manners at all, so thats not just obese people either.
I just think to look at someone and judge them is wrong. period. whether it be due to race, weight, height, or whatever.
I'm at disney, I could care less who eats what.

tomm4004

I saw a family of four - two obese parents and two obese children - walking down Sunset Blvd. each with their own McDs french fry box. Maybe Disney could offer an unlimited family french fry plan. But then who would pay for the ambulance that would have to follow these families around?

The last thing we need is more plans. You know how frustrating it is being behind people in line when they take so long to figure out how many snacks they have left, or they have to run back to the food area to change something. At least POP had a cash/credit card only line to keep these people away!

wvdisneyfamily

I saw a family of four - two obese parents and two obese children - walking down Sunset Blvd. each with their own McDs french fry box. Maybe Disney could offer an unlimited family french fry plan. But then who would pay for the ambulance that would have to follow these families around?

The last thing we need is more plans. You know how frustrating it is being behind people in line when they take so long to figure out how many snacks they have left, or they have to run back to the food area to change something. At least POP had a cash/credit card only line to keep these people away!

I think it would be a good idea to have cash only lanes and DDP only lanes at QS. However, if people can't master something as simple as a snack credit or QS credit, imagine the chaos that would ensue with designated lanes. I can see some poorCM getting yelled at because people refuse to follow directions.

First, I find it odd how the post has gone from Disney all you can eat, to pick on the obese. I for one work at a small town news paper and see alot of obits. and the skinny healthy people have droped dead more offen this past year then the obese. It does not mean always mean eating health is better for some. I know more over weight people with more energy and good health then I do the skinny veggitarian health nuts.

Back to the Idea of all you can eat at Disney I for one do not care to spend alot of time at Disney eating. I like do be in the parks doing activities. So for me I can not see how the dining plan is worth it or the all you can eat would be. My folks just got back from the World and they did the dining plan and said they saved money compared to their receipts but the cost of the plan was way more then what they would normaly spend.

heliumalias

Back on topic, I can see the appeal of this option for some guests, and at the end of the day, I think it would generate profits for Disney, so why not try it? It is almost sick how it could be set up, though--lines at CS locations are long and the only people who would really benefit from this option are people who would want 2 or 3 plates of food at a single meal...meaning they would have to stand in those long lines 2-3 times in a short time period. I don't know many 300 lb. people who would want to stand in line that much...and that could be Disney's best deterring factor to people cheating the system and feeding their entire family: only have this valid at the most popular CS locations where it's not very practical to stand in line 6 times in a row to feed your whole family. You'd be at Pecos Bill's for about 3 hours!

Universal have a separate line for Meal Deal Customers. Perhaps a solution to the line issue would be for Disney to implement separate lines for Dining plan customers during peak times. I did have a very long wait in August while i was behind a French guy trying to explain what he wanted as part of 4 different kids meals. It wasn't his fault. The girl on the counter couldn't understand his accent.

1disneydood

I'm prolly one of the skinniest people posting here, but I'd love to have an all I can eat option at many places in EPCOT and MK. I could eat myself to death at EPCOt easily. :lol:

Chance

I'm sure they'll appreciate you feeling sorry for them. Everybody has a vice, whether it be drinking, smoking, gambling, or whatever.

are you as sad to see someone smoking, increasing their chances of lung cancer drammatically?

just seems immature to enjoy picking on someone for their weight.
and for the record, i'm not overweight, just thought your (and some other peoples) comments were classless.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking!! We are not overweight either, but I thought the comments were classless and stereotypical. I have a friend who is hardly 100lbs and she can eat someone quite larger than herself under the table.

MickeyGirl910

I personally frown upon smoking, too. It's a drain on our healthcare system, just like obesity, and inevitably is one reason premiums continue to rise. I don't think it's discriminatory to feel this way, either. For most overweight people or smokers, it was a choice they made and something they can control (I realize some morbidly obese people actually have a disease which makes it sometimes impossible to lose weight), and everyone is free to judge others based on choices they make. I say this b/c I used to weigh 240 lbs., made a choice that I no longer wanted to live like that, and lost 70 lbs 5 years ago...and have kept it off. So I don't really think it's classless to frown upon an individual who weighs 300 lbs and is eating two combos at a Disney CS restaurant. I don't feel sorry for them, though. They made a choice and I don't think they want anyone to feel sorry for them. I, however, do think their behaviors (stuffing their faces with tons of food or smoking) are disgusting. And it's my right to feel that way. I also think murderers and rapists are disgusting people.

In the same category as murderers and rapists? :eek: Really? When you were 70 pounds heavier, would you have put youself as in the same category as a murderer or a rapist? I think that was pretty harsh!!!!

Montyboy

What’s so new about this?

There have been all-inclusive resorts and cruise lines for years. Wouldn’t it be great to pay $100, walk in, and never open your wallet again?

Disneykidder

I don't see the big deal here. If you don't want to purchase it/use it...don't. Let others who'd like to...eat it. I think it would prove useful for my husband and son. My tall and fit husband could eat the heaviest of people under the table. My son, changes his mind very easily. He'll eat half of this and half of that and nibble on it later.

If people want to pay for it, let them buit don't bash them for wanting to.

wvdisneyfamily

I don't see the big deal here. If you don't want to purchase it/use it...don't. Let others who'd like to...eat it. I think it would prove useful for my husband and son. My tall and fit husband could eat the heaviest of people under the table. My son, changes his mind very easily. He'll eat half of this and half of that and nibble on it later.

If people want to pay for it, let them buit don't bash them for wanting to.

Well said. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all just left each other alone?

CaptainJackNO

In case you folks aren't familar with Universal's Meal Deal, you basically pay $25 for unlimited trips through the line at participating quick service restaurants (limited to one entree platter and dessert per pass through the line). I'd assume Disney's would be similar, and possibly a bit pricier. It really isn't a money saver for the average guests, as you would've had to have planned on eating at least two counter service meals with entree and dessert just to get your money back. I don't know that many guests who do that.

Holy Moly.......I have had many a combo meal at Disney quick service. No way I could eat more than one at a meal....and I am a healthy guy...WOW......Not sure why anyone would want to do this unless they planned on sharing it with family. However, for twenty five bucks.....You can get combos for two adults and two kids...I don't know...seems like alot of food to me..Anyway..there must be something to it.:veryconfu

CaptainJackNO

I have an excellent idea......Why wouldn't Disney just reduce portion size and reduce food prices????? :lookaroun

I love DIsney Parks and I have no problem paying the admission prices they ask because I get every dollar's worth of entertainment; however, the food prices are ridiculous....I mean, a sam's hamburger with terrible fries and a medium sized drink for 9 bucks....that is absurd...If Disney want to please the guests, further.....why not offer fair prices for the food offered....I know, a little off topic...Just had to say it...:wave:

coasterphil

Holy Moly.......I have had many a combo meal at Disney quick service. No way I could eat more than one at a meal....and I am a healthy guy...WOW......Not sure why anyone would want to do this unless they planned on sharing it with family. However, for twenty five bucks.....You can get combos for two adults and two kids...I don't know...seems like alot of food to me..Anyway..there must be something to it.:veryconfu

The $25 is for the entire day, not just one meal period. I guess I didn't really mention that in my post.

ToTBellHop

In the same category as murderers and rapists? :eek: Really? When you were 70 pounds heavier, would you have put youself as in the same category as a murderer or a rapist? I think that was pretty harsh!!!!
I was not suggesting they are equal--only that obesity, smoking, murder, and rape are all disgusting. And, yes, when I look at pictures of my heavier self, I am quite disgusted--and that is certainly a drive for me to get out to the gym and not overdo desserts.

disney4life2008

I was not suggesting they are equal--only that obesity, smoking, murder, and rape are all disgusting. And, yes, when I look at pictures of my heavier self, I am quite disgusted--and that is certainly a drive for me to get out to the gym and not overdo desserts.

I agree but disagree. My theory, your on vacation (LIVE LIFE!!!). I am eating everything that I want (smaller proportions) but I am going to enjoy my vacation. At home, its the same case.. I used to be 400lbs.. now I am almost at the 300 mark (in ONE YEAR) and I have maintained my eating habits just improved them but still eat the foods that I love (especially on vacation).

WildcatDen

I know King's Island has also experimented, in a similar way, with drinks. I believe you get a wristband for around $7 and you can get what amounts to a 20 ounce serving of fountain drink. I think it was only good per person but on many occasions I saw a people at the Rivertown LaRosa's going through the line and feeding the drinks to family memebers out the window. Basically the serve said they had to leave the building and re-enter to get another drink.

Now, If Disney wanted to do "Bottomless" bottled drinks for say, $15.00 a day, I would be interested. I do not think the diet Coke IV would be too condusive to riding rides. . . .

Lucky

I'm sure they'll appreciate you feeling sorry for them. Everybody has a vice, whether it be drinking, smoking, gambling, or whatever.

are you as sad to see someone smoking, increasing their chances of lung cancer drammatically?
Yes, now that you mention it, and I hope WDW doesn't bring in slot machines or offer all-you-can-smoke cigarettes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom