All things Universal Studios Hollywood

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You’ve been told repeatedly that it said nonthing about the timeline of the theme park opening.
and I am telling you it does, let me break it down for you:

"NEWS: Universal Hollywood (MEANING: City Walk, The Theme Park, The Movie studio, the parking structure. Every thing that makes up the whole property of "UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD") is hoping to move forward with a phased reopening "beginning with CityWalk (IT DOES NOT SAY " WE ARE OPENING PARTS OF CITY WALK IN PHASES STARTING IN JUNE. NO IT MEANS WE ARE OPENING THE WHOLE PROPERTY THAT MAKES UP UNIVERSAL AND WE ARE GOING TO START WITH THE CITY WALK AREA MEANING AT SOME POINT THEY PLAN TO OPEN THE THEME PARK. I NEVER SAID THEY WERE OPENING THE PARK IN JUNE OR STARTING TO. I SAID THE STATEMENT POSTED OF OPENING THE WHOLE THING IN PHASES IS B.S. BECAUSE THAT THEME PARK IS NOT OPENING ANY TIME SOON. OPENING CITY WALK IS THE EQUIVELANT OF KNOTT'S OPENIGN UP THE MARKET PLACE OR DISNEY OPENING DISNEY SPRINGS. I AM CALLING B.S.S ON THE POST SAYING THEY PLAN TO OPEN THE WHOLE PROPERTY IN STAGES BECAUSE ITS JUST GOING TO BE CITY WALK AND ARE GIVING FALSE HOPE THE PARK IS NEXT. That is what I am calling B.S. on. now leave me alone before I taunt you a second time.)as early as mid-June."

lazyboy97o

and I am telling you it does, let me break it down for you:

"NEWS: Universal Hollywood (MEANING: City Walk, The Theme Park, The Movie studio, the parking structure. Every thing that makes up the whole property of "UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD") is hoping to move forward with a phased reopening "beginning with CityWalk (IT DOES NOT SAY " WE ARE OPENING PARTS OF CITY WALK IN PHASES STARTING IN JUNE. NO IT MEANS WE ARE OPENING THE WHOLE PROPERTY THAT MAKES UP UNIVERSAL AND WE ARE GOING TO START WITH THE CITY WALK AREA MEANING AT SOME POINT THEY PLAN TO OPEN THE THEME PARK. I NEVER SAID THEY WERE OPENING THE PARK IN JUNE OR STARTING TO. I SAID THE STATEMENT POSTED OF OPENING THE WHOLE THING IN PHASES IS B.S. BECAUSE THAT THEME PARK IS NOT OPENING ANY TIME SOON. OPENING CITY WALK IS THE EQUIVELANT OF KNOTT'S OPENIGN UP THE MARKET PLACE OR DISNEY OPENING DISNEY SPRINGS. I AM CALLING B.S.S ON THE POST SAYING THEY PLAN TO OPEN THE WHOLE PROPERTY IN STAGES BECAUSE ITS JUST GOING TO BE CITY WALK AND ARE GIVING FALSE HOPE THE PARK IS NEXT. That is what I am calling B.S. on. now leave me alone before I taunt you a second time.)as early as mid-June."
Opening CityWalk would be a phase. When the park opens is irrelevant and was not mentioned or implied.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
So looking forward to the July 4th Weekend, with all the SoCal Parks open.

Once San Diego opens its 7 Theme/Animal/Water Parks next month (SeaWorld, LEGOLAND Ride Park, SEALIFE, LEGOLAND Water Park, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park and Aquatica), the race will be on... Castle Park (Riverside), Knott's, Disneyland and DCA next, followed by Magic Mountain (Santa Clarita area), and USH and Pacific Park at the end.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

So looking forward to the July 4th Weekend, with all the SoCal Parks open.

Once San Diego opens its 7 Theme/Animal/Water Parks next month (SeaWorld, LEGOLAND Ride Park, SEALIFE, LEGOLAND Water Park, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park and Aquatica), the race will be on... Castle Park (Riverside), Knott's, Disneyland and DCA next, followed by Magic Mountain (Santa Clarita area), and USH and Pacific Park at the end.
As you being one of the main contributors and insiders here with always a great perspective and insight and a joy to talk to every time, I mean my following words with the upmost respect, I respectfuly disagree with you sir. I don't think Disney is opening any time soon in the states. Universal has a plan but I don't see WDW or DLR opening this summer at all. I don't see any park in california opening this summer. I Can see possibly September or October but 4th of July weekend? No. The month of July? No. Not happening. LA Metropolitian area (that includes Anaheim) are seeing cases rise daily. You cant even dine in in Anaheim yet. I disagree sir. Many regards.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Let me just say that I am talking to TDA CM's on a Chamber/Tourist/Government/Public Health call every morning.

TWDC/TDA is taking proactive steps and have a very good working plan.

The OC parks, DL, DCA and Knott's, have teamed up with all the partners at the table, and have a good plan.

The San Diego Theme/Animal/Water Parks Plan has been leaked, and well, it looks fairly similar in scope. They are designed to be able to open in Phase Three.

SFMM has teamed up with the city of Santa Clarita, to get permission from LA County, to have their own recovery plan.

USH is looking at a way to bypass the city of LA, as they want to bring its Orlando Plans to its sister park.

OC is taking the stance that Tourism is such a significant portion of the Economy, it should be treated like Tesla.

For some political reasons, Sacramento has issues with Orange County, but knows that we have such low numbers, that a few deaths don't trigger any limits (currently 118 in total, majority are Nursing Home Fatalities). But some think the state will approve OC's plan for stage 2.5 tomorrow. Tourism is returning to the Resort Area this weekend. Not overwhelming, but beats the Ghost Town it has been the last few weeks.

Was at the Cambria to talk to someone around 5 PM, and surprised how many customers/guests were in the lobby, and the restaurants out front.

I can't talk about firm dates, but I have seen forecasted calendars, and parks will be open this summer.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Let me just say that I am talking to TDA CM's on a Chamber/Tourist/Government/Public Health call every morning.

The OC parks, DL, DCA and Knott's, have teamed up with all the partners at the table, and have a good plan.

The San Diego Theme/Animal/Water Parks Plan has been leaked, and well, it looks fairly similar in scope. They are designed to be able to open in Phase Three.

SFMM has teamed up with the city of Santa Clarita, to get permission from LA County, to have their own recovery plan.

USH is looking at a way to bypass the city of LA, as they want to bring its Orlando Plans to its sister park.

OC is taking the stance that Tourism is such a significant portion of the Economy, it should be treated like Tesla.

For some political reasons, Sacramento has issues with Orange County, but knows that we have such low numbers, that a few deaths don't trigger any limits (currently 118 in total, majority are Nursing Home Fatalities). But some think the state will approve OC's plan for stage 2.5 tomorrow. Tourism is returning to the Resort Area this weekend. Not overwhelming, but beats the Ghost Town it has been the last few weeks.

Was at the Cambria to talk to someone around 5 PM, and surprised how many customers/guests were in the lobby, and the restaurants out front.

I can't talk about firm dates, but I have seen forecasted calendars, and parks will be open this summer.
Even with all that, I disagree that DLR will be open this summer or most of the parks in general. If I am wrong, I am wrong but as of now, I just can't see it happening.

Professortango1

As you being one of the main contributors and insiders here with always a great perspective and insight and a joy to talk to every time, I mean my following words with the upmost respect, I respectfuly disagree with you sir. I don't think Disney is opening any time soon in the states. Universal has a plan but I don't see WDW or DLR opening this summer at all. I don't see any park in california opening this summer. I Can see possibly September or October but 4th of July weekend? No. The month of July? No. Not happening. LA Metropolitian area (that includes Anaheim) are seeing cases rise daily. You cant even dine in in Anaheim yet. I disagree sir. Many regards.

WDW is rumored to reopen as early as late June. California parks will be trickier, but San Diego parks are already gearing up to reopen. Once the flood gates are opened, its just a matter of time before they all reopen unless a major development happens.

DisneyEthan

WDW is scheduled to present an opening plan this week to the orange county task force (Orlando) and DTD can open anytime now that Anaheim is in full phase 2

DisneyEthan

Regarding USH, when you said they wanted to bring the Orlando Plans here, did you just mean the procedures (social distancing, temp checks, etc) or did you also mean the opening date in June?

D.Silentu

Super-Nintendo-World.jpg

A new photo of Super Nintendo World in Japan is making the rounds. Hopefully, a taste of things to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom