All Things Streaming (VOD, OTT)

Slpy3270

You know how I follow stuff like this and I didn't know about it! Plus, their bundling page is a mess.

Lots of missteps.
What's worse is that they didn't just go HBO route and just offer the CBS All Access service for free to Showtime subs. And it looks like they're going to drop the ball again here.

Slpy3270

AT&T is (partially) spinning out its video pay TV business (DirecTV, AT&T TV, U-verse) for $16 billion as part of a pact with TPG Capital.

Reminder, AT&T paid $67 billion for DirecTV in 2015. Huge financial loss.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Must... create... new... content...

In other news: Can Fubo grow enough before the bigger growth of other services kill it?

In which a Charter/Spectrum exec thinks that like powerful demons, if you don't say "Hulu" or "YouTubeTV" aloud, they have no power over you...

Slpy3270

Very hard to see how Starz survives after that. They lost two of their biggest providers to Netflix within a decade, one of which decided to go solo.

Also goes to show how dependent Netflix is on third party content.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

sedati

Question for anyone else who has HBOmax. How's the quality? I signed up recently and find it inclredibly laggy. It buffers terribly, and when it doesn't, there's a noticible switching between video quality. Takes me back to the initial launch of Netflix streaming which was far more forgivable at the time. I don't have this problem with any other streaming platform. While there's a lot on there I want to watch, I may drop it and wait for it to improve as this seems a common problem (according to Reddit.)

Last edited:

Slpy3270

AT&T will receive $43 billion in cash as part of the spin out. That means they lost $42 billion on WM.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Slpy3270

Chaotic day for a couple traditonal media cos.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom