All Things Streaming (VOD, OTT)

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Netflix is also planning to phase out all the basic no-ad tiers starting in Q2 -

I suspect within the next year they could look to get rid of all but the top tier no-ad plans.

_caleb

I’ve mentioned this before, but I hope that under pressure to generate revenue, streamers don’t panic and jump back to linear- (or cable-) era solutions, like price hikes, bundles, and traditional approaches to advertising. Which they seem to be doing.

Streaming seems like a huge opportunity to deploy solutions that take advantage of the platform. For example, we should not be seeing the same ad over and over. The ads should know what we’ve been watching and reflect that.

I believe Disney’s new ad tech enables things like PIP QR codes, second screen integration, shopping, social integrations, and supplemental content, which would all be better applications of ads, in my opinion, and would probably help it not feel so much like, “Linear, but online.” I’ve not yet seen these things in the wild, though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

_caleb

Glad to see AMC is still hanging in there. I think they understand fandoms better than most, and are better able to generate stronger loyalty with their audiences.

I just wish streaming platforms in general weren’t having such success (such as it is) with what amounts to linear-style ads. Can’t they leverage the technology better than showing the same ads in the same formats over and over?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Disney Irish

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
In April, Warner Bros. Discovery can entertain offers to buy, sell or merge with a studio like NBCUniversal, as many on the lot believe will happen. That’s when the two-year lock-up period expires as part of the 2022 deal that united WarnerMedia and Discovery.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In April, Warner Bros. Discovery can entertain offers to buy, sell or merge with a studio like NBCUniversal, as many on the lot believe will happen. That’s when the two-year lock-up period expires as part of the 2022 deal that united WarnerMedia and Discovery.

Shhh, don't say anything, those posts claiming Disney will buy WBD will start popping up again.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom