All things Magic Mountain

I used to love going to Magic Mountain. In high school (early 90's) we'd leave the north bay area after dinner. Stay the night at the Motel 6 near Buttonwillow for $20. Then head to the park the next day and drive home that night. Would usually hit the In-N-Out just south of ther before the drive home, as they hadn't made their way up north back then. Me and a friend probably did that about once a month for a while.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Here is a picture of the Gold Rusher before the hill grew in. The Gold Rusher was the first roller coaster I ever rode.

9xRSAUbrVvRWJU14olCr41e6i46MZJYBFOLHsKWT4E5HCrJZm8TrOINvX68fbjh800JgvL3xkrUtCTC-JJWtQYf_q6MBazxCBvJCurWmZrs-9WrXaPK2J7dL2OLVZ9f5EvTkpRYy4JJg

Rich T

Here are the Gold Rusher and Log Jammer together. I wish they would have figured out a way to keep the Log Jammer when they built Full Throttle. I guess they needed the Log Jammer queue building for electrical equipment for Full Throttle.

GoldRusher03.jpg
Log Jammer was probably the best non-themed log flume on Earth. A long, swift, scenic ride (I believe it was the longest and tallest in the U.S.) with two drops in succession— And the last one was a doozy. Six Flags sacrificed one of the country’s best family rides to build a gimmick coaster that’s on no one’s Best Of List.

RobWDW1971

Log Jammer was probably the best non-themed log flume on Earth. A long, swift, scenic ride (I believe it was the longest and tallest in the U.S.) with two drops in succession— And the last one was a doozy. Six Flags sacrificed one of the country’s best family rides to build a gimmick coaster that’s on no one’s Best Of List.
And even worse they turned a beautiful wooded area into a sea of concrete with cheap concert truss. It saddens me every time I walk through there - even worse when you consider how much land they have to work with.

Ismael Flores

They should have sacrificed the jet streams instead. They really ruined the area when they removed the log jammer

Phroobar

Original Poster
But when all’s said and done: Did they need to sacrifice *anything*?
They didn't have to sacrifice anything. They could have integrated the take off and loop into the log jam lake. It would have made full throttle more interesting. Also why is the line and sign look temporary? It's like they ran out of money trying to look hip.

q4bw9kCrktqGt1jduTDlixJdigmHIQQxQIZCLPl2V7ux9231nU1XhD23X48ydC-qHe8jKdqQe5SiDe_y-wt3wLIV_jOKTkJh-FBaDz3OQy5dWHWOyeKBpZSgNpGbFS1xLnbILVJz7T10cVYC8cji3nwI

It also takes away from the serenity of the Superman entrance.
Full+Throttle+over+walkway.JPG

Darkbeer1

>>
Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor Announce Temporary Closure
The Parks Remain Committed to the Health and Safety of Park Guests and Team Members

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — March 30, 2020 – Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor have temporarily suspended operations and will open in mid-May, or as soon as possible thereafter. While there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at the properties, the safety of our guests and team members is always our highest priority. We will continue to closely monitor this evolving situation, and follow the most current guidance from federal, state, and local officials.

For guests with prepaid tickets, the valid dates have been extended to the end of the 2020 season. For current 2020 Season Pass Holders, passes will be extended for the number of operating days the park is temporarily closed. Six Flags Magic Mountain Members will receive one additional month for each month that the park is closed, plus a free Membership level upgrade for the rest of the 2020 Season (and/or other bonus benefits, as applicable).<<

Darkbeer1

A Message from CEO Mike Spanos About The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dear Valued Guests,

The top priority at Six Flags is the safety and well-being of our guests and team members. We continue to monitor and follow the guidance of federal, state, and local officials regarding COVID-19. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work through this challenging situation.

At this time, shelter-in-place mandates are in effect throughout the United States, Mexico, and Canada; therefore, we are delaying the openings or temporarily suspending operations for the following parks until mid-May, or as soon as possible thereafter.

• Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CaliforniaSix Flags Hurricane Harbor in Valencia, California
  • Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California
  • Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona
  • Six Flags Over Georgia in Austell, Georgia
  • Six Flags White Water in Marietta, Georgia
  • Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas
  • Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, Texas
  • Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Texas
  • Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Splashtown in Houston, Texas
  • Frontier City in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Six Flags St. Louis in Eureka, Missouri
  • Six Flag America in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
  • Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari in Jackson, New Jersey
  • Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Jackson, New Jersey
  • Six Flags Darien Lake in Darien Center, New York
  • Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois
  • Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts
  • Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, and The Great Escape & Hurricane Harbor in Lake George, NY
  • Six Flags Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
  • Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec in Oaxtepec, Morelos
  • La Ronde in Montreal, Canada (Opening date TBD)

We will continue to closely monitor the latest developments and follow the guidance from federal, state, and local officials.

For additional information about COVID-19, please read the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov, or your local health department website.

On behalf of everyone at Six Flags, thank you for your trust in us. I look forward to seeing you out in our parks.

Best regards,

Mike Spanos
President & CEO
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom