All things Legoland California

DrAlice

maxresdefault.jpg

Disneyland can't use the arm to move a fish underwater but Legoland can as a stationary thrill ride. It is one of the best rides in the park.
I have the best video of my husband on a level 5 ride of this. He's a stoic character and even this thing didn't change that. Except for the facial expressions. It was pretty comical. :D

I, of course, did not ride this arm-of-certain-vomit at all. I can't even watch this thing without getting a little queasy.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I took the day off to go Legoland with the family. It was very pleasant. Parking as extremely easily since there were only a handful of cars. We checked out both hotels. Only the Lego Hotel was operating but the Castle hotel was unlocked. No one was in there but guests could access the pool. The Castle Hotel is built right in front of the Sea Life aquarium. It kind of hides it. The Lego Hotel looks more fun.

We visited the Big Store and saw the winning creations from the Lego Masters show. They were very impressive. We bought a Star Wars Y-Wing and visited Mini-land. The park still looks great and well kept. We could see Star Wars mini-land was removed. The platforms were still there but the models were gone. The giant dome were the Death Star was placed was still there but the Death Star was gone. Someone must have blown it up.

It was a very pleasant time at Legoland for a couple of hours.

We then drove down to San Diego for the day. We visited Old Town, Balboa Park and the Hotel del Coronado.

DrAlice

The Castle Hotel is built right in front of the Sea Life aquarium. It kind of hides it. The Lego Hotel looks more fun.
We've stayed at both, and you're right, the Lego Hotel is more fun. The Castle Hotel is really lacking for not having a disco elevator. Having said that, the Castle Hotel has the better playground in the interior courtyard (near the pool). When we were planning this year's (now cancelled) trip, this was the discussion. Ultimately we decided to return to the original Lego Hotel and had a Ninjago room booked. Oh well.... Next time......

Glad you and your family had fun!

Curious Constance

We've stayed at both, and you're right, the Lego Hotel is more fun. The Castle Hotel is really lacking for not having a disco elevator. Having said that, the Castle Hotel has the better playground in the interior courtyard (near the pool). When we were planning this year's (now cancelled) trip, this was the discussion. Ultimately we decided to return to the original Lego Hotel and had a Ninjago room booked. Oh well.... Next time......

Glad you and your family had fun!

Before going there last year, I had a hard time deciding between the two hotels, on paper, the Castle Hotel seemed better, but I left it up to my son to make the ultimate decision, and he chose the Legoland Hotel. After going, and checking out the Castle Hotel while we were there, I'm really glad we stayed at the Legoland Hotel, it was more fun. The Castle Hotel was nice and all, it just had a more serious tone or something, and I didn't like it as much.

Last edited:

DrAlice

Before going there last year, I had a hard time deciding between the two hotels, on paper, the Castle Hotel seemed better, but I left it up to my son to make the ultimate decision, and he chose the Legoland Hotel. After going, and checking out the Castle Hotel while we were there, I'm really glad we stayed at the Legoland Hotel, it was more fun. The Castle Hotel was nice and all, it just had a more serious tone or something, and I didn't like it as much.
We stayed in the original hotel before the Castle Hotel was built. I didn't tell my daughter that the rooms were themed, so she was surprised with our Pirate room. We had a great time. A couple of years later, we stayed at the Castle Hotel because my daughter wanted to stay in one of the Princess rooms. She was totally disappointed in it. Why? The big princess-y bed that they advertise for the room is for the parents. The kids area is... wait for it... a horse stable. The kids sleep in the stable?! Really?! They really didn't think that one through. Design fail. When we were planning this trip, it was all about the room design. She really wanted Ninjago, and we watched a bunch of YouTube videos to make sure the kids' area of the room was up to her standard. lol...

Darkbeer1

Park Preview Days Start April 1 – Full Reopening April 15!​

We’re Ready to Play! Starting April 1, enjoy Park Preview Days with select* rides available inside the LEGOLAND® Theme Park.

Select rides include:

• Coastersaurus
  • LEGO® TECHNIC™ Coaster
  • Driving School, Jr. Driving School, Skipper School
  • Royal Joust, Fairy Tale Brook, LEGOLAND Express Train
  • Lost Kingdom Adventure, Cargo Ace
  • PLUS, Miniland U.S.A. and Outdoor Playgrounds (Hideaways + DUPLO® Playtown)
  • AND select dining, retail, live entertainment and building activities!
From April 15, enjoy a full reopening of the rest of the Resort’s rides, LEGO® CHIMA™ Water Park, SEA LIFE® Aquarium and select* dining, retail, and indoor attractions available for guests with an advanced reservation.

Priority Access​

Priority Access** for the month of April will be given to:

• LEGOLAND Hotel Guests
  • Active Pass Holders (Play Pass, Annual Pass, and Monthly Pay Memberships)
  • Existing Day Ticket Holders (Expired and unused during closures)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom