All things Legoland California

Sharon&Susan

Pinocchio was not a bomb
It was a bomb, in its first run it grossed lower than expected domestic grosses and made almost no money internationally due to the second World War in Europe. It did not break even until after WW2 when it was released to Europe for the first time and rereleased in the USA. If you want to read more I recommend Pinocchio: The Making of a Disney Epic.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It was a bomb, in its first run it grossed lower than expected domestic grosses and made almost no money internationally due to the second World War in Europe. It did not break even until after WW2 when it was released to Europe for the first time and rereleased in the USA. If you want to read more I recommend Pinocchio: The Making of a Disney Epic.
agree to disagree

Phroobar

Original Poster
maxresdefault.jpg

Rich T

Box office says otherwise son
Movie quality and box office total don’t always coincide. Because life, timing, PR, reality n’ stuff.

C’mon, you know this dang well. 😃 I’m certain you can name at least 10 movies you enjoy (because they’re good) that didn’t perform great at the box office for one reason or another. And 10 film hits that, in retrospect, are forgettable junk.

A few of my favorite underperforming treasures:

Secondhand Lions
Local Hero
Alice in Wonderland (Disney 1951)
That Thing You Do
The Right Stuff

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Movie quality and box office total don’t always coincide. Because life, timing, PR, reality n’ stuff.

C’mon, you know this dang well. 😃 I’m certain you can name at least 10 movies you enjoy (because they’re good) that didn’t perform great at the box office for one reason or another. And 10 film hits that, in retrospect, are forgettable junk.

A few of my favorite underperforming treasures:

Secondhand Lions
Local Hero
Alice in Wonderland (Disney 1951)
That Thing You Do
The Right Stuff
How you gonna redpond to a post 10 days old? Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom